Buffalo Bills could be among least covid-19 vaccinated teams

Big Turk

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Star was the person who surprised me given opting out, and his medical history.  His call.

Im surprised more people have not commented on this. 

The man literally sits out an entire season citing that it’s in the best interest for him and his family. Yet, there is a scientifically sound vaccine that he’s chosen not to get….in the best interest for him and his family? This makes no sense.

Was he just lazy last season? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I mean how do you change the mind of a person who thinks this way?

Jesus, this guy is an freaking idiot.  Just cut his azz and be done with it.  Take a stand right now.  If you're not going to get vaccinated, you better darn well follow all of the protocols or you're on the street.  I can't take much more of this idiocy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, nucci said:

so he doesn't believe ICUs are filled with covid patients? Pretty amazing

It’s tricky. This is where the misinformation stuff is troubling on all sides. 
Here in Tennessee in my area, local news is posting all this stuff on Facebook stating our hospitals are full and then you have hospital workers in the comments section calling them out as liars and asking for their sources. In nearby cities the opposite is happening. It’s crazy who to believe. Our governor just forbid mask mandates in schools, schools can mandate masks, but parents can opt their children out (making the entire thing pointless) 

Its difficult to distinguish who is pushing an agenda and who is generally trying to help people understand. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, uninja said:

I'm annoyed, I wish the players would just get the vaccine and stop talking about this.

I'm just going to shove my fingers in my ears, cover my eyes and yell 'football' over and over until the season is done.

FOOOOOTTTBALLLLLLLLL

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

You're either not an actual scientist or you're a poor one. Your making the premise now that all 600,000 would not have died if they had worn a mask?

Over 40 years.  You made the claim that far more people are harmed by buildup of bacteria on masks than from spread of Covid.  Spread of Covid has caused round 650,000 deaths in the U.S. and millions in the country.  Show me your data that says bacterial buildup on masks harm many more people than that.  You make some outrageous claim, you have to have data to support it.

Masks don't prevent Covid, they mitigate against the spread.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s tricky. This is where the misinformation stuff is troubling on all sides. 
Here in Tennessee in my area, local news is posting all this stuff on Facebook stating our hospitals are full and then you have hospital workers in the comments section calling them out as liars and asking for their sources. In nearby cities the opposite is happening. It’s crazy who to believe. Our governor just forbid mask mandates in schools, schools can mandate masks, but parents can opt their children out (making the entire thing pointless) 

Its difficult to distinguish who is pushing an agenda and who is generally trying to help people understand. 

it is but there are so many obvious signs out there.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

it is but there are so many obvious signs out there.

It’s to the point now most have given up in my area. Schools are running as if covid does not exist. No mask. No social distancing. They are not even doing contact tracing. My daughter can literally be sitting next to a positive covid case right now, and the school would not notify us unless my daughter experiences symptoms and tests positive. I have family in New York, Alabama and Tennessee, they’re playing a much different game in my area than what I’ve heard from up north. So I can kinda see where Cole is basing his info and stance from. I can’t speak to it being right or wrong, only the line is not as fine here as other areas when it comes to this whole pandemic. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s to the point now most have given up in my area. Schools are running as if covid does not exist. No mask. No social distancing. They are not even doing contact tracing. My daughter can literally be sitting next to a positive covid case right now, and the school would not notify us unless my daughter experiences symptoms and tests positive. I have family in New York, Alabama and Tennessee, they’re playing a much different game in my area than what I’ve heard from up north. So I can kinda see where Cole is basing his info and stance from. I can’t speak to it being right or wrong, only the line is not as fine here as other areas when it comes to this whole pandemic. 

keep your family safe!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I mean how do you change the mind of a person who thinks this way?

The only way that I know is to have someone, and it has to be someone they trust - a family member or close friend who went into medicine, a minister, a trusted physician - who has time to sit down with them and say "There's a lot of stuff out there.  I'm not gonna try to sell you, but it would Rock My World to know your personal choice is based on accurate and complete info.  If you're willing to run through what you've heard, I promise I'll look at it carefully and tell you what I think about it - what's true, what's not, and why.  I'll tell you why I made the personal choice I did". 

It takes hella time.  You got to go watch the Youtube videos they watch and listen to the podcasts they listen to and take notes and come back with references or with basic principles that show why the specific things that have caught their attention aren't square (or where they're true, and where they're skewed).

I know this because I've filled this role for some family and friends who are vaxxed now.  It has to start from a place of respect.  It has to start from a place of love.  And you have to genuinely have deep knowledge so that you can spot the flaws in what's out there, because much of it sounds very scienc-y to a non expert.  And it has to proceed from a place of 100% genuinely trying to understand the other person's POV and then share what you know.

Then leave it.  Walk away, and hope that you've left the door open and maybe the next thing they see they'll come and ask you.  Like water dripping on a rock.  Sometimes it wears a little indentation but just runs off, over time drip to drip, the indentation gets deep enough to hold water.

But it has to start with mutual respect, or it won't go.  And it has to be genuinely open, you can't start from "you need to be vaxxed or you're dumb".

I expect the reason the WFT has turned from one of the least vaccinated teams in the NFL to 94.5% vaccinated, is because they have a respected veteran QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick who is reputed to be able to talk to anyone about anything, and who is vaccinated as is his wife and all of their kids who are old enough, and who can sit down with anyone who approaches him and say "this is how I see it". Having a respected coach who is himself a cancer survivor and immune compromised may also sway some players to protect their coach.

We don't have that on the Bills AFAIK.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Im surprised more people have not commented on this. 

The man literally sits out an entire season citing that it’s in the best interest for him and his family. Yet, there is a scientifically sound vaccine that he’s chosen not to get….in the best interest for him and his family? This makes no sense.

Was he just lazy last season? 

Well, I think we now know that it was not about Covid concerns and more likely about getting a year off and extending his contract another year into the future.  

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I mean, there's stupid and then there's stupid.

This is coming across as very undisciplined, and seems so out of place for McBeane.

We’re getting dangerously close to it being time to cut our rapping smurf.  Love his play on the field but Bills can’t have a guy on team leading the anti-vax crusade.  It’s clearly giving cover for other Bills to not get the vaccine and is now a huge competitive disadvantage.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

You should blame the NFL for forcing these terrible protocols.

The protocol is the same exact protocol as last year for unvaccinated individuals. The only change is the freedom vaccinated individuals get. So it was ok last season but not this season?

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The only way that I know is to have someone, and it has to be someone they trust - a family member or close friend who went into medicine, a minister, a trusted physician - who has time to sit down with them and say "There's a lot of stuff out there.  I'm not gonna try to sell you, but it would Rock My World to know your personal choice is based on accurate and complete info.  If you're willing to run through what you've heard, I promise I'll look at it carefully and tell you what I think about it - what's true, what's not, and why.  I'll tell you why I made the personal choice I did". 

It takes hella time.  You got to go watch the Youtube videos they watch and listen to the podcasts they listen to and take notes and come back with references or with basic principles that show why the specific things that have caught their attention aren't square (or where they're true, and where they're skewed).

I know this because I've filled this role for some family and friends who are vaxxed now.  It has to start from a place of respect.  It has to start from a place of love.  And you have to genuinely have deep knowledge so that you can spot the flaws in what's out there, because much of it sounds very scienc-y to a non expert.  And it has to proceed from a place of 100% genuinely trying to understand the other person's POV and then share what you know.

Then leave it.  Walk away, and hope that you've left the door open and maybe the next thing they see they'll come and ask you.  Like water dripping on a rock.  Sometimes it wears a little indentation but just runs off, over time drip to drip, the indentation gets deep enough to hold water.

But it has to start with mutual respect, or it won't go.  And it has to be genuinely open, you can't start from "you need to be vaxxed or you're dumb".

I expect the reason the WFT has turned from one of the least vaccinated teams in the NFL to 94.5% vaccinated, is because they have a respected veteran QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick who is reputed to be able to talk to anyone about anything, and who is vaccinated as is his wife and all of their kids who are old enough, and who can sit down with anyone who approaches him and say "this is how I see it". Having a respected coach who is himself a cancer survivor and immune compromised may also sway some players to protect their coach.

We don't have that on the Bills AFAIK.

OR . . . you institute a mandate, as does, for instance, the army, that all army personnel must get vaccinated. I know that's not in the current agreement between the league and the player's union, but I don't consider such mandates tyranny, just long accepted, proven-to-work public health policy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

The protocol is the same exact protocol as last year for unvaccinated individuals. The only change is the freedom vaccinated individuals get. So it was ok last season but not this season?

Last year more people were inclined to stay inside. I personally expect smart non vaccinated players to understand they should avoid contact with individuals outside of the NFL.

On the other hand, vaccinated players are going to expose themselves thinking they are safe, which they are clearly not, end up getting covid and the mess ensues. 

Just now, Ramza86 said:

Last year more people were inclined to stay inside. I personally expect smart non vaccinated players to understand they should avoid contact with individuals outside of the NFL.

On the other hand, vaccinated players are going to expose themselves thinking they are safe, which they are clearly not, end up getting covid and the mess ensues. 

This is about following the protocol. Which both Beasley and McKenzie obviously haven't.

I'm not arguing whether the rules are correct for the current climate with the Delta variant. Rules are rules and until these rules change, you should follow them. Especially if you are doing the exact same thing you did the previous season.