Buffalo Bills could be among least covid-19 vaccinated teams

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Apparently the Bills are one of the 4 teams under 89% vaccinated... competitive disadvantage.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/only-four-nfl-teams-below-163258591.html

Are you piecing that together from Beane's comment that we are "just above 80%"? Because that article doesn't seem to name the teams (unless I missed it).

Not sure if this question/post is against the rules. Just trying to clarify the info.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I am borderline alarmed. After the Ryan Succoup dinner incident, Bruce Arians instituted his own protocols which are more stringent than those mandated by the NFL. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32084225/bruce-arians-implementing-own-covid-19-rules-tampa-bay-buccaneers-road-trips

"For us, life is not normal," Arians said. "We're pretty much under the same protocols -- we're going to be under the same protocols as last year. Because that's the way it is, especially living here. Tennessee coming in and going out to dinner -- they found out the hard way. So did Ryan. You can only tell them so much. Once we get to 53 -- even this weekend -- our guys are going to make a bunch of sacrifices that you have to make now. Families at the hotel, all those things -- they're all out the window."

I think the Bills should follow suit especially given their low vaccination rates. Forget who is vaccinated and who is not. No more family outings etc. Go back to 2020 protocols.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I am borderline alarmed. After the Ryan Succoup dinner incident, Bruce Arians instituted his own protocols which are more stringent than those mandated by the NFL. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32084225/bruce-arians-implementing-own-covid-19-rules-tampa-bay-buccaneers-road-trips

I think the Bills should follow suit especially given their low vaccination rates. Forget who is vaccinated and who is not. No more family outings etc. Go back to 2020 protocols.

80+% is a low percentage? 

40% would be low

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Are you piecing that together from Beane's comment that we are "just above 80%"? Because that article doesn't seem to name the teams (unless I missed it).

Not sure if this question/post is against the rules. Just trying to clarify the info.

Of the thread where it and some other posts wound up yes

Now that it's got its own place, No

Yes, at least I did the same math that @Big Turk did: 

-4 teams in the NFL are under 89%

-Beane sez the Bills are just over 80% or maybe a little less after the cuts

-Therefore the Bills are one of the 4 teams in the NFL that are under 89%

It has to be very frustrating for Beane.  I thought he kind of looked defeated, in that press conference.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

80+% is a low percentage? 

40% would be low

Apparently one of the 4 lowest in the league at ~79-80% and going to get lower when we're cut down to 53

It's not just the % it's apparently who that % is: Butler, Lotulelei, Poyer, Boettger, Beasley, Davis, probably Allen - a lot of core starters.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Of the thread where it and some other posts wound up yes

Now that it's got its own place, No

Yes, at least I did the same math that @Big Turk did: 

-4 teams in the NFL are under 89%

-Beane sez the Bills are just over 80% or maybe a little less after the cuts

-Therefore the Bills are one of the 4 teams in the NFL that are under 89%

It has to be very frustrating for Beane.  I thought he kind of looked defeated, in that press conference.

Apparently one of the 4 lowest in the league at ~79-80% and going to get lower when we're cut down to 53

It's not just the % it's apparently who that % is: Butler, Lotulelei, Poyer, Boettger, Beasley, Davis, probably Allen - a lot of core starters.

Are those players all 100% not vaccinated

37 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I think Beane is beyond alarmed and off into "large cold knot in the pit of his stomach"

I don't think they have to go back to the 2020 protocols exactly.

Things I would like the Bills to do:

1) Test vaccinated staff and players more often.  Daily may not be necessary but every 2-4 days, adapted for risk factors.

2) Everybody masks indoors unless 6 feet away for meals

3) Staff providing close interaction such as therapeutic massage or rehabilitation treatment mask and shield

4) Request that all staff and players ask visiting family to isolate and test first (vaccinated or not)

5) Sauna Yes, hot tub No

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well, unfortunately the virus can be passed along by people who are vaccinated, but the main problem are unvaccinated players may face is that their symptoms will be more severe if they get COVID. It’s a personal decision, I refuse to judge someone if they did or didn’t get it. I’m hoping this darn thing doesn’t mutate again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Are those players all 100% not vaccinated

Butler, Lotulelei, Beasley, and Davis are not vaccinated (or not fully vaccinated yet) because they are following the NFL's protocol for unvaccinated players who have close contact with a positive case.

I am making a high probability assumption about Poyer because of his wife's outspoken views and also because of a DM exchange I had with him on Instagram (all very polite and civilized disagreement, very nice guy).

I am making an inference about Allen and Boettger because usually when someone is asked whether they're jabbed, if they say "I'm going to keep that private", they mean "No"; if they are, they just say so.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Absolutely ridiculous for a SB contending team. Wish McDermott would speak up more about it like Rivera and Zimmer.

We know for sure the following are not vaccinated. 

Star

Beasley

Butler

Milano

Klein

Davis

Safe to assume Poyer and Hyde are not. 

And those are just the ones we know. That's a lot of players that are expected to have a big impact that will likely be missing games at some point. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nobody on our team was vaccinated last season and we got by following the protocols fine

Unvaccinated players didn't mess up our season last year... If McDermott has them follow strict protocol we should be fine

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

With it FDA approved the NFL should just mandate current nonvaccinated players under contract should get the pfizer vaccine or you're banned for life with no pension.  I'm sick of this.

If it's not in the contract they probably can't do that

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Absolutely ridiculous for a SB contending team. Wish McDermott would speak up more about it like Rivera and Zimmer.

We know for sure the following are not vaccinated. 

Star

Beasley

Butler

Milano

Klein

Davis

Safe to assume Poyer and Hyde are not. 

And those are just the ones we know. That's a lot of players that are expected to have a big impact that will likely be missing games at some point. 

We don't know that about Milano and Klein.  They are back today.  Two people in the Shoutbox today said that in an interview over the summer, Milano said he was vaxxed.  Don't know that about Hyde either; he and Poyer are different guys with different wives.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

With it FDA approved the NFL should just mandate current nonvaccinated players under contract should get the pfizer vaccine or you're banned for life with no pension.  I'm sick of this.

They can not do that. 

The NFL players are represented by a union, and any change to their conditions of employment must be collectively bargained with the union. 

That's the way it is.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nobody on our team was vaccinated last season and we got by following the protocols fine

Unvaccinated players didn't mess up our season last year

That was Then, this is Now.

Behavior of predominant viral variant is different.

NFL Protocols are different (and based on data about last year's viral variant)

I believe that the NFL will make changes, I'm just unclear that they will do so in a timely fashion vs. AFTER 1-2 teams have outbreaks.

They made changes last year, but it was AFTER outbreaks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2