What's going on with the Jets and their Spleens

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32083629/vinny-curry-miss-new-york-jets-season-due-complications-rare-blood-disorder

First Darnold, now Vinny Curry. Something in the New Jersey water?

Jokes aside, prayers for the veteran to make a full recovery and return to the field.

Oh, forgot to add: With Lawson out and now Curry, they would be so happy to take Addison for a late pick. I wouldnt mind that trade.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32083629/vinny-curry-miss-new-york-jets-season-due-complications-rare-blood-disorder

Jokes aside, prayers for the veteran to make a full recovery and return to the field.

Oh, forgot to add: With Lawson out and now Curry, they would be so happy to take Addison for a late pick. I wouldnt mind that trade.

pick late in the second round hopefully 

• Haha (+1) 2

A rebuilding team is not giving up anything for an aging veteran. 
They would be better off signing anyone under 28 and seeing if they can develop them for the future. The only way to move Addison would be a playoff hopeful team in the NFC more than likely that has an injury. 
Jets will grab some young guys at cut downs.

• Agree 4

31 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Don't think we trade Addison to a division rival.

Could be wrong.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

A rebuilding team is not giving up anything for an aging veteran. 
They would be better off signing anyone under 28 and seeing if they can develop them for the future. The only way to move Addison would be a playoff hopeful team in the NFC more than likely that has an injury. 
Jets will grab some young guys at cut downs.

They'll wait to see if we cut either Obada or Johnson....  #neither!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Two big edge rush additions gone for the year. I like Salah but his version of the cover 3 is a front to back version compared to Sean's which works back to front. If Saleh doesn't have the horses the Jets defense is gonna be really bad.

Didn't the Bills torch Saleh's D last season when he was the 49ers DC. Hopefully the Bills do that again twice this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Didn't the Bills torch Saleh's D last season when he was the 49ers DC. Hopefully the Bills do that again twice this season.

Yep - when he was down both his starting edge rushers. His defense starts up front. If the Jets can't win there they were get murdered because his DBs in New York (Marcus Maye apart) suck. They are starting a 2nd year 5th rounder and a 3rd year 6th rounder at corner. 

There are not many teams in the league where losing your D Ends would be enough for me to knock 2 or 3 games off your win prediction but a week ago I had the Jets a 6-11 type team. They will be lucky to win more than 4 now.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Only way Jets get Addison is if Bills cut him. Bills are not trading with the Jets lol. It's highly unlikely.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Russell Bodine says hello. That being said, I dont really disagree with what you said.

Didn't say we wouldn't trade ANYONE to a division rival.  Said we wouldn't trade ADDISON to a division rival.

Our OL was pretty durn bad in 2018 and that included the C. 

Only problem I had with trading him to NE is that NE didn't actually PLAY him, they paid us a 6th for essentially a week's rental.

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

They would be better off signing anyone under 28 and seeing if they can develop them for the future. 

The terms "New York Jets" and "develop" are incompatible ... just sayin' 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

The terms "New York Jets" and "develop" are incompatible ... just sayin' 

I would of agreed in years past. But I’m a big Saleh fan. I think the AFC East might have the best set of head coaches in the league of not right now in the very near future. (Saleh obviously hasn’t done anything yet) 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep - when he was down both his starting edge rushers. His defense starts up front. If the Jets can't win there they were get murdered because his DBs in New York (Marcus Maye apart) suck. They are starting a 2nd year 5th rounder and a 3rd year 6th rounder at corner. 

There are not many teams in the league where losing your D Ends would be enough for me to knock 2 or 3 games off your win prediction but a week ago I had the Jets a 6-11 type team. They will be lucky to win more than 4 now.

I would say REAL REAL lucky to get those 4 games......they will be in the running for the 2nd pick....

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

I would say REAL REAL lucky to get those 4 games......they will be in the running for the 2nd pick....

I think the worst 4 teams will be the Texans, Eagles, Lions and Jets. I think the Jets are probably the best of those 4 but I wouldn't put much money on it. Eagles are my favourite for #1 overall. They have a bad roster where there best players are old and broken down and they appear to have hired an idiot as Head Coach.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1