Media and practice 8/25

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

After escaping major injury till the preseason game 2, I am firmly on the side of those who are majorly concerned. WR, CB and DT severely depleted with injury / illness / Covid. McD - not that you need us to tell ya - but pls pls ease up on the practices for starters in these groups - so we head to the season healthy. All the hard work is done - let us now reap the rewards by keeping the players healthy.

P.S. For those who dont know, McD's mentor Andy Reid has always been a big believer in physical practices.

I think it is worth noting just exactly how much of an analytics guy McD has become.  Just yesterday they were talking to Frazier who said to the media with Klein and Milano being sent home - the coaching staff had already started to adjust the practice because of the fewer players.

McD and the staff have a number of reps they want guys to hit and they look at things like activity level and even how far and how fast guys are running and adjust practice on the fly to ensure that guys are overused  and are getting in the right amounts of activity, fluid breaks, down time, etc. 

I don’t think he will ease up practice because that is not what they do, but he will ensure they are not overusing these guys and if they feel they need a break - they will mix things up.  We saw that with McKenzie and Davis Webb both playing DBs in practice last year.  McD seems to have a good feel about how hard to work guys and when to back off.

I will trust him.

• Like (+1) 7

The timing isn't great for all this, but it's not terrible either. A big chunk of the roster (what, 10%+) is out, but we have time with 2.5 weeks until the first game. That's enough time for minor injuries to heal plus allow the guys sent home to be back and training for a bit.

I'm not going to worry about it until game week.

It's not great though lol

EDIT man almost 20% (15 of 80) actually but I stand behind my point for now lol

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Count me in with those very nervous.  Are the Stealers battling injuries too?  I hope so! There, I said it.

If we are beat up for the Stealers game and they are healthy we could be in trouble.

I love that Basham pick but just can't help thinking how things would look now hard we acquired a just as good, outside CB?

Was there one? IDK? I think it would have been the Syracuse kid? IDK? I will say this, you have to draft BPA. I will also say this, we needed A LOT of DL help. In fact, I see us going DT #1 next year, too! Maybe we can go CB #2? But we have to draft WR and interior OL as well. Building a team is super hard work. Beane should be highly congratulated for this draft so far, in fact, just for finding a swing tackle in the third freakin' round! That's how you win Super Bowls! You find OTs in the third freakin' round!

And I for one, am not sure what we do with Edmunds. I like him but so far, I do not see a big money player at all. I do see a medium money player though. This means I am in for a shocker should the Bills decide to Shock the world and go MLB next year if one falls. Those wanting to hate me for intimating this notion rewatch the KC game....Tremaine was a bit of a no mas, imho. The Bills D needs a bonafide true-blue pro-bowler at MLB to create a true-blue scary defense in Buffalo. All things run through that MLB in McD's D. That's a fact. I sure hope Tremaine shuts me the hell up come September 12th vs. Pittsburgh and continues on through the season. I'll be certainly rooting for him all the way! C'mon Tremaine! Play fast, play hard!

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

Count me in with those very nervous.  Are the Stealers battling injuries too?  I hope so! There, I said it.

If we are beat up for the Stealers game and they are healthy we could be in trouble.

I love that Basham pick but just can't help thinking how things would look now hard we acquired a just as good, outside CB?

Was there one? IDK? I think it would have been the Syracuse kid? IDK? I will say this, you have to draft BPA. I will also say this, we needed A LOT of DL help. In fact, I see us going DT #1 next year, too! Maybe we can go CB #2? But we have to draft WR and interior OL as well. Building a team is super hard work. Beane should be highly congratulated for this draft so far, in fact, just for finding a swing tackle in the third freakin' round! That's how you win Super Bowls! You find OTs in the third freakin' round!

And I for one, am not sure what we do with Edmunds. I like him but so far, I do not see a big money player at all. I do see a medium money player though. This means I am in for a shocker should the Bills decide to Shock the world and go MLB next year if one falls. Those wanting to hate me for intimating this notion rewatch the KC game....Tremaine was a bit of a no mas, imho. The Bills D needs a bonafide true-blue pro-bowler at MLB to create a true-blue scary defense in Buffalo. All things run through that MLB in McD's D. That's a fact. I sure hope Tremaine shuts me the hell up come September 12th vs. Pittsburgh and continues on through the season. I'll be certainly rooting for him all the way! C'mon Tremaine! Play fast, play hard!

Go Bills!

I don't want to Jinx anything here but we are down our 3rd or 4th Dt, 5th Wr.  Only starter is Wallace who hasn't beat out Dane Jackson yet.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

McDermott is doing everything he can to not get sunburned. 

I can relate.

As a melanoma recipient on the bad end I too can relate, I for one wonder if he has some history that requires full cover up... would not be surprised.

• Simon unpinned this topic