Media and practice 8/25

YoloinOhio

• Simon pinned this topic

After escaping major injury till the preseason game 2, I am firmly on the side of those who are majorly concerned. WR, CB and DT severely depleted with injury / illness / Covid. McD - not that you need us to tell ya - but pls pls ease up on the practices for starters in these groups - so we head to the season healthy. All the hard work is done - let us now reap the rewards by keeping the players healthy.

P.S. For those who dont know, McD's mentor Andy Reid has always been a big believer in physical practices.

On 8/25/2021 at 2:56 PM, Bangarang said:

That’s a long injury list with less than 3 weeks until the season starts 🥴

It is, but it’s the dog days of camp and summer. I bet more than a few of those players are being treated with extreme caution.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

After escaping major injury till the preseason game 2, I am firmly on the side of those who are majorly concerned. WR, CB and DT severely depleted with injury / illness / Covid. McD - not that you need us to tell ya - but pls pls ease up on the practices for starters in these groups - so we head to the season healthy. All the hard work is done - let us now reap the rewards by keeping the players healthy.

P.S. For those who dont know, McD's mentor Andy Reid has always been a big believer in physical practices.

You play like you practice and you practice like your coached.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Its football.  That's why we have 80 guys still on the roster.  We will be fine come opening day.  All teams have lots of guys on the injury report during training camp.  

The physicality of practices in today's game is nothing compared to yesteryear.  I doubt they run the Oklahoma drill any longer.  That was wicked.  I remember when they used to do it in my son's Pee Wee practices.  They would just beat the hell out of each other.  LOL  The game has certainly changed.