Baldinger Breakdown of Bills D Line from game 2

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

I believe BADOL said that Addison played a LorAx role last year.  Is that correct?

He never played a stand-up off ball linebacker role, that lorax would employ

That I recall 

Lorax was our starting weak side linebacker his final year

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That I recall 

I don't either.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't either.

I watch every game multiple times so I think it's safe to say he never did

Lorenzo Alexander while he was a versatile rusher for us... In our base set he was our starting weak side linebacker in 2019 

Addison has never played that role

• Like (+1) 1

Boogie was dominate against the Bears. So exciting to see. When he plays inside I see some similarities with Ed Olver. High motor, amazing hand work, power and nastiness. He also has many moves in his arsenal just needs to refine them. Very exciting especially seeing what AJ and Rousseau are also doing. 

uk4kqajvjkxi6azavmfo.jpg

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That I recall 

Yea I don't either. I think he might have rushed from the inside a few times, which was another Lorax role...

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I don't either. I think he might have rushed from the inside a few times, which was another Lorax role...

Ofc lorax rushed from all 4 spots when he wasn't playing  off ball 

I don't think Addison's been anything but a hand in the dirt end for his career bumped inside occasionally

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

Well I definitely feel encouraged with the play of Greg R. He has all the tools and built basically perfect for the position. We have been hearing the , "Mario Williams" similarity which is about right when it comes to just basic size and whatnot. The arm length he has is a good advantage. Kid really has the potential and opportunity to be a straight up "Beast" of a DE.

Excited about what he can bring to the DL.

It’s nice to see my boy Boogie getting some love. I was more surprised that Groot is as good as he is, I always expected Basham to be good. Then you add Epenesa into the mix and this DL is trouble. We have great depth at one of the most important positions in football, it’s going to be hard to pay all these guys in a few years.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The only way Addison starts the season is loyalty. Rousseau should be out there for me. Sure still rotate Addison in some but Greg would start.

I think you have to take into account that Rousseau is a rookie, which as a rule of thumb those kids tend to burn out a little bit down the stretch as they're playing the longest season they've ever played in their lives.

I want this kid healthy and playing with a fresh motor when things start to get real several months from now and hope the coaching staff can show enough self-restraint to ensure that happens. 🤞

• Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, wppete said:

Boogie was dominate against the Bears. So exciting to see. When he plays inside I see some similarities with Ed Olver. High motor, amazing hand work, power and nastiness. He also has many moves in his arsenal just needs to refine them. Very exciting especially seeing what AJ and Rousseau are also doing. 

uk4kqajvjkxi6azavmfo.jpg

Imagine Groot, Boogie, Oliver and Epenesa rushing the QB together in obvious passing situations. :w00t:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Love Baldy's breakdowns. I think the D-line is going to be sick this year esp if Star can be the true one tech this team missed last season.

Remember when we had no NFL quality WR’s just a few years ago? Look at us now!  That went away just like our old and expensive DLine is about to change. We are about to get younger and cheaper and BETTER in a hurry! 

Hopefully this group can do to Mahomes what the Bucs did in the Super Bowl!

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Love Baldy's breakdowns. I think the D-line is going to be sick this year esp if Star can be the true one tech this team missed last season.

I think Star's return is the biggest key to the whole season defensively.  Better run D, free up playmakers to create pressure.  Win/win.  Even without Rousseau/Basham I think we would be better than last year.

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Boogie was dominate against the Bears. So exciting to see. When he plays inside I see some similarities with Ed Olver. High motor, amazing hand work, power and nastiness.

Oh man, I didn’t even think of that. If Oliver takes a step forward this year, we are going to be such a dangerous Defense to play against.  :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rousseau has that little extra push strength where the big LT slings back. That's a really good sign. Need some stunts. Big DT fires into the LT and he loops around, or X's, or looping to the inside gap. Going to be fun.

• Agree 1

Exciting stuff!  Baldy breakdowns are one of my fav football related "segments," just wish his wife or someone would show him how to clean up the presentation lol dudes recording a computer screen, with a phone being held in a hand thats 2/5ths useless 😆 can we get some production $$ throw at these pleaseeeeee

Assuming both Addison and Hughes are the week one starters, have to believe both will be under a lot of pressure to perform and keep reps away from these beasts who have been preseason stars so far.

I still think a surprise cut or trade is in the works and can't see us keeping 6 or 7 DE as some are projecting.