Bills sign WR Steven Sims

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow, everyone jumping the gun on McKenzie's injury.  The Bills need somebody to return kicks on Saturday.  McKenzie and Stevenson are likely out.  Signing this guy to let him return kicks and get some film on tape says NOTHING about the extent of the injuries to McKenzie and Stevenson.

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Is Powell not on this team?  

Is there any indication right now other than Beane is covering all his bases?

He needs a few players for this weekend AND he is hedging in case some of these injuries are longer in recovery AND he gets to look

at more players possibly being on the PS.

Trust Beane and the process is my mantra.

5 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Sims has rocks for hands. He'd be a huge step backwards as a kick/punt returner

He had 5 fumbles (from what I can tell, they lost 2 of them) last year but has only had 6 drops on 93 career targets. Dawson Knox, for example, has 14 drops on 94 targets.

His return numbers aren't great but it can be hard to tell whether that's a function of the team he's playing on or him.  He can play at receiver though and has had some production at that position and he has a similar skill set to McKenzie so if McKenzie did have to miss a significant amount of time he's a guy they could plug into that role.

TBH, two of the returns we are oohing and aahing over from last week are probably stopped for minimal gain with the regular ST units in the game, it's unusual to be able to cross the field on a return that way and get away with it and Bills returners did it twice once on McKenzie's long return and then again on Stevenson's TD.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

They would have just kept Lenoir then and had Powell do kick offs.  They signed a guy that is pretty identical to Mckenzie.

I believe that the cuts happened BEFORE the injury. This is more of getting through Saturday's game and possibly seeing what type of options the Bills have for return men depending on the severity of McKenzie's injury is. I think it is really hard to speculate on his injury right now, without official information.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

There's a picture of him sitting in his car/MRI machine posted to the instagrams.

I didn't know Lil Dirty was an inventor too.  What a great idea, an MRI right inside a car so that if you get into an accident you can immediately find out what your injuries are!

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, CuseBill said:

I didn't know Lil Dirty was an inventor too.  What a great idea, an MRI right inside a car so that if you get into an accident you can immediately find out what your injuries are!

Brains of the Franchise

33 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

got to have people to return kicks and punts this weekend. Also replace WR reps for McKenzie/ Stevenson/ Lenoir/ Duke

why not see how the kid looks up close. Good KR  24.6 avg and a TD, only 1 fumble. PR with him is an adventure though, 4 fumbles on PR....

I thought Lenoir looked pretty decent. Stevenson not too bad either and he had a pretty good KR I believe. But Lenoir got my attention a little bit