Bills sign WR Steven Sims

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Good news... he looks to have some ability.

Bad news...  McKenzie injury may be bad.

He's got some big time plays under his belt. But also has had some muffed kickoffs and fumbled punts.

Seems like a similar gadget, slot wr as Lil Dirty. But I hope McKenzie is ok.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I would be surprised if any shoulder injury knocked him out for the year

Definitely agree, most soft tissue shoulder injuries for receivers are not season ending. Worst case scenario he's a midseason elevation from IR.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Mckenzie to IR likely. 

We will have to see if that is true or not.

One possibility is McKenzie being sidelined for the start of the season but some of these new guys who can KR/PR and play some WR can

be put on the PS and elevated to the 53 for the week.

Good pickup based on KR experience.  Will handle the duties on Saturday, and maybe sprinkle in another guy or so to see how they handle it.

Doesn’t necessarily mean McKenzie out for long period.  Just Beane being Beane covering his bases.

• Agree 7

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Mckenzie to IR likely. 

20 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Not a good sign for Mckenzie's injury 😬

Why - this doesn’t make any sense. 

More likely it means he is not playing this weekend and they are looking for guys to scout for the PS and can fill specific roles they are missing in this game.  Like returner.

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I've heard minimum 8 weeks with Mckenzie, but not sure I trusted the guy.  Either way, the dude told me it wasn't good yesterday, and this kind of shows that.

If that’s the case and not season ending, he’s going to have to take a slot on the 53 and then go to IR. Or, the team can cut him at final cut downs to keep someone like Sims, and then re-sign the next day to put on IR for a return during the season. He’s not subject to waivers.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1