Pats trade Sony Michel to Rams

YoloinOhio

On 8/25/2021 at 10:20 PM, ExWNYer said:

Yet another Pats* fan heard from.

If you think believing that BB is one of the best coaches of all time makes you a Pats fan, then clearly anyone with a brain is a Pats fan.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Actually the league just stepped in and nullified the trade because it was illegal and they had to rework it.

Patriots/Rams forced to revise illegal terms of trade

Owned

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Actually the league just stepped in and nullified the trade because it was illegal and they had to rework it.

Patriots/Rams forced to revise illegal terms of trade

Making the deal better for the Pats:

In the end, the Rams and Patriots had to come up with new terms and that's exactly what they did. Under the new deal, the Patriots will still be getting two picks, but to make the deal legal, those two picks will be a 2023 fourth-rounder to go along with the 2022 sixth-rounder that was already included in the package (This guarantees the Patriots will get a fourth-rounder in the trade, unlike the prior deal, where New England would have only received one if the Rams were awarded one as a compensatory pick). 

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Doubt it they ain’t winning ten games maybe 7 or 8 tops and finish of 3 rd in the division since the Dolphins and Bills are pretty much superior at every position to them now 

They won 7 games last year w a crap roster, their rosters is miles ahead of last seasons  and you saying they will win the same amount of games..ha ha

👌

You should take a look at their schedule as well.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2021 at 7:30 AM, The Jokeman said:

Kudos for them to getting something for him but another "failed" 1st Round pick of the Patriots. 

I heard, in a high-level business meeting, that Sony was the pick made by Bellycheat's dog, when he took Dark Hoodie's chair for a few minutes. Dark Hoodie always makes good picks; it's his pup that keeps screwing things up.

What’s interesting in the article is the author was perplexed how both the Rams and Pats are unaware of league rules.  I seriously doubt they didn’t know.  Once again the Cheats living up to their name.  It’s amazing to me they didn’t think the NFL would come down on them.  What’s worse is the Rams aren’t stupid and were complicit in the deal.

As far as predictions, I’ve said in other threads they will finish with 9-10 wins.  The hype with Mac Jones amd Cam is just that, hype. The same happened last year that with Cam the Pats

were going to be awesome.  We know how that ended.

The Rams must be desperate for a running game as it’s common knowledge Michel’s had knee problems.  He must be in their eyes a one year rental while their guy heals up from his injury.

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

What’s interesting in the article is the author was perplexed how both the Rams and Pats are unaware of league rules.  I seriously doubt they didn’t know.  Once again the Cheats living up to their name.  It’s amazing to me they didn’t think the NFL would come down on them.  What’s worse is the Rams aren’t stupid and were complicit in the deal.

As far as predictions, I’ve said in other threads they will finish with 9-10 wins.  The hype with Mac Jones amd Cam is just that, hype. The same happened last year that with Cam the Pats

were going to be awesome.  We know how that ended.

The Rams must be desperate for a running game as it’s common knowledge Michel’s had knee problems.  He must be in their eyes a one year rental while their guy heals up from his injury.

Except the illegal terms favoured the Rams not the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

They still complied.  I’d contradict only one that the Pats probably wanted to unload him with his injury history and they have a glut of RB’s.  You might be right, but if I’m the Pats and I lose 1 zen which o have many and get two picks from it.  I’d say they both made out.  I do appreciate you’re long though GB.

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

If you think believing that BB is one of the best coaches of all time makes you a Pats fan, then clearly anyone with a brain is a Pats fan.

And there was nothing in my original post saying he wasn't one of the best coaches. I merely pointed out to another poster that not everyone in this thread was bashing Belichick...I certainly wasn't...and that he is not infallible but is treated as such. It's annoying. Even with his track record, he is not above criticism. As others have pointed out, his drafts in recent years back up that stance yet you jumped to his defense like an insulted family member. You chose to take it in another direction like you normally do as one of the frequent antagonists on the board. I don't know if there is anything wrong with your brain but there is certainly something wrong with your reading comprehension and/or your ability to 'play nice'.

43 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

And there was nothing in my original post saying he wasn't one of the best coaches. I merely pointed out to another poster that not everyone in this thread was bashing Belichick...I certainly wasn't...and that he is not infallible but is treated as such. It's annoying. Even with his track record, he is not above criticism. As others have pointed out, his drafts in recent years back up that stance yet you jumped to his defense like an insulted family member. You chose to take it in another direction like you normally do as one of the frequent antagonists on the board. I don't know if there is anything wrong with your brain but there is certainly something wrong with your reading comprehension and/or your ability to 'play nice'.

You were confused as to why Belichick gets praised. I figured you weren’t aware that he’s a great coach. Because that’s why he gets praised.

49 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You were confused as to why Belichick gets praised. I figured you weren’t aware that he’s a great coach. Because that’s why he gets praised.

I wasn't confused. The confusion was on your part...but thanks for your unnecessary concern.

Eh, who cares?  The Cheaters are flipping a former 1st for at-best the last or penultimate 4th round pick.  They'll probably blow it anyway. 

Now that Brady's no longer around, they've become like every other team: needing to (sometimes) overpay to add talent.  They spent $300M on players this past off-season.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

They won 7 games last year w a crap roster, their rosters is miles ahead of last seasons  and you saying they will win the same amount of games..ha ha

👌

The Pats are well coached and have at least mid level NFL talent. That’s a recipe for above .500 if healthy. They aren’t going to be a pushover.

20 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

👌

That ain’t happening you’ll be lucky to get out of September at 500 

7 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The Pats are well coached and have at least mid level NFL talent. That’s a recipe for above .500 if healthy. They aren’t going to be a pushover.

Sure they are they have last in their division written all over them