Pats trade Sony Michel to Rams

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Not everybody in here is piling on the Patriots but Belichick is certainly not infallible. He has his balls washed so much, he should be a permanent fixture at a tee box on a golf course somewhere.

Cause his resume speaks for itself and that is usual how it goes in all sports. You hype the greats.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They won thanks to Tom Brady. End of story. Like Ben Volin tweeted, the Patriots haven't given a second contract to a first round pick since Donta Hightower in 2012. You have to try to whiff that badly

How many Super Bowls have the Patriots been to and won since 2012? Did it ever occur to you that maybe NOT giving out huge second contracts to drafted players IS the way to keep long term team success? Last season was the first losing season in 19 years and they seem to have hit in the draft and free agency. Time will tell but how can anyone every question Bill?

I've always hated the way Belichick uses his RBs. Being a 1000 yard rusher is not a big deal in 16 (now 17) games. You have to average 63 yards per game to hit 1000, and New England has had one in the past 10 years. I think Michel will finally get a chance to shine in LA. He's an upgrade from Darrell Henderson IMO.

Didn't Sony Michel have a degenerative knee condition that teams knew about and was reported pre-draft?

I remember Cyrus Kouandjio had one as well and I never felt good about that pick even before he stepped on the field...as a general rule going forward, seems like no one should draft these guys before the fifth round at the earliest. Too much risk...anyways, Booooooooooooo Patriots! 

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The Rams failed at the logo makeover. 🤨

And as for conditional draft picks, Belichick puts me in mind of the guy who shows up at a party with a case of good beer, sits on top of it, and takes what's left of it when he leaves.

They also failed at uniform makeover.

• Agree 1

The Pats like Damian Harris as their primary back and the rookie they drafted this year is playing well.  Rams had a need with all their injuries at RB, so this doesn't surprise me.  The Rams have an aversion to draft picks anyway.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They won thanks to Tom Brady. End of story. Like Ben Volin tweeted, the Patriots haven't given a second contract to a first round pick since Donta Hightower in 2012. You have to try to whiff that badly

Lol.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you telling me Bill Belichick turned a player selected in the 1st round into 2 conditional late round picks? The man is a genius!

Yes, but Bill Belichick manages to shoot mostly crap.

As a Pats fan friend of mine put it, "Fortunately, the coach makes up for the gm's mistakes." (And yes, I believe he is the greatest coach of all time.)

I remember Michel hurting the Bills many times in the games between the two teams.  Granted he never showed up on the list of top rushers, but he has been a good player.  The Bills have had top picks who were a lot worse.  And RB years age faster than dog years, so maybe Michel has lost a step already, and the new guy is better.  Life in the NFL is tough.

The Rams gave up two conditional picks.  If Michel doesn't make their roster, maybe those picks evaporate -- who knows?

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

fify

Enh ... Belichick was a primary reason those Giants teams won those SBs, and he had turned Cleveland around before Modell the crap hit the fan in 1995. Brady is the GOAT, but Belichick's defensive schemes won a number of those SBs/championship games. They're both all-time greats. 

5 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yeah.

In his opportunities, Michel has been pretty good. I bet he does well for the Rams.

Dude has averaged 60 yards per game in the ground at a 4.3 YPC clip.

Decent production.

Michel's main issues have been availability and pass protection.  Based on his college career, there were high expectations for him playing behind a really good o-line.  It just never worked out.  He's probably just going to be the experienced backup in LA (insurance in case Henderson gets hurt).

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

They also failed at uniform makeover.

Disagree I like the Uniform. Hate the logo.

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I said in a previous thread that he was expendable 

Yea I have said for a couple of weeks to a co-worker who is a Pats fan that I don't think Michel is making the roster. They got picks for a guy they were gonna cut.

• Agree 1