Bills preseason games on NFL Network

CuseBill

I DVR'd it last Saturday and when they decided to show the Browns in the Bills slot I just  played my DVR.

The Bears announcers had a lot of love and respect for the Bills.

9 hours ago, CuseBill said:

Exactly!  Happened last Saturday too.  Wonder what's going on at the NFL Network.  I might have to start a new "the NFL is out to get the Bills and Bills fans" conspiracy theory.

Nope, wasn't on locally either and not tonight either.

NFL rules prohibit them from broadcasting the game live in the local market.

The replays don't matter.

They just messed up their listing yesterday...mistakes happen.

I was in a bar for the bears game in the Syracuse area and they had NFL Network on, Direct TV. A message came on at 1pm and said that the Bills game was blacked out due to local broadcast. The stupid thing was that the game wasn't being shown locally live and was instead a taped replay at 7pm on our local ABC.

That kind of rule just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

In any case as a heads up it looks like the exact same thing will be going on in the Syracuse area this Saturday as the guides are showing it as being on ABC at 7pm.

• Like (+1) 2

Directv customer here. Last night it said Bills at Bears 8:00 on the NFLN and yet it was Giants and Browns. Anyway this Saturday on Directv at 1:00 its Packers at Bills live. Looking forward to the game.

Just now, Greg S said:

Directv customer here. Last night it said Bills at Bears 8:00 on the NFLN and yet it was Giants and Browns. Anyway this Saturday on Directv at 1:00 on the NFLN its Packers at Bills live. Looking forward to the game.

Preseason games in Syracuse are always local channels...this one just happened to fall at the same time that ABC was nationally broadcasting a German Bundesliga soccer game. I was able to watch it through the Bills App/Bills website. Unfortunate that ABC had the rights to it and had a conflict. Luckily only Preseason, won't happen for the regular season. 

7 hours ago, billieve420 said:

I have Optimum cable in NJ. However, it looks like if you had Direct Tv here it showed the Bills - Bears game live. I am more annoyed with the replay not being shown even though it was listed in the guide. They better not start combining both NJ/NY markets now.

I have optimum too. You must be my neighbor. Lol. 

My only "complaint" with respect to the first two games is that NFLN aired the Lions' and Bears' broadcasts.  I hope that was because they go with the home broadcast and means we will get the Bills' team this Saturday.

16 minutes ago, eball said:

My only "complaint" with respect to the first two games is that NFLN aired the Lions' and Bears' broadcasts.  I hope that was because they go with the home broadcast and means we will get the Bills' team this Saturday.

Actually, I thought the guys who did the Bears game were pretty decent.  Jim Miller spoke pretty fluently about the Bills, beyond just the obvious Trubisky/Bears relationship.  

The Lions broadcast team was definitely not very knowledgeable about the Bills, and spoke primarily about the Lions on every play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Governor said:

I have optimum too. You must be my neighbor. Lol. 

Optimum is everywhere in Jersey they have a monopoly. I live in a condo so I have no other choices other than Direct Tv but my unit is not facing in the right direction so I am stuck till I move.

• Haha (+1) 1

I had the same issues in Syracuse.

I ended up getting the Bears game live through Game Pass. It wouldn’t allow me to play it on my phone but I got it on my PC and played it through an HDMI to my TV.  

NFL Network was showing “A Football Life”.

The Bills app worked on my phone but wouldn’t let me cast it to my TV. 

Whoever created these rules is on drugs. 

41 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Actually, I thought the guys who did the Bears game were pretty decent.  Jim Miller spoke pretty fluently about the Bills, beyond just the obvious Trubisky/Bears relationship.  

Miller does a national daily show on Sirius with Pat Kirwan so that was not surprising (and expected); he's such a damn mushmouth though...

• Like (+1) 1

Because they are broadcast locally (CBS-Ch 4 in Bflo), it is blacked-out on the NFL Network. 

https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2021/07/19/nfl-network-to-carry-every-buffalo-bills-preseason-game-live-in-2021/

Excerpt:
An important note here is that these live games are subject to blackouts in the local area TV markets. That would mean, for instance, that a local network affiliate in Buffalo could broadcast the game and prevent the NFL Network show from airing at the same time. As always, this works out fine in theory, but it could put places like Rochester and Syracuse into the possible position of being blacked out but not having a local TV broadcast to watch instead.

42 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Because they are broadcast locally (CBS-Ch 4 in Bflo), it is blacked-out on the NFL Network. 

https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2021/07/19/nfl-network-to-carry-every-buffalo-bills-preseason-game-live-in-2021/

Excerpt:
An important note here is that these live games are subject to blackouts in the local area TV markets. That would mean, for instance, that a local network affiliate in Buffalo could broadcast the game and prevent the NFL Network show from airing at the same time. As always, this works out fine in theory, but it could put places like Rochester and Syracuse into the possible position of being blacked out but not having a local TV broadcast to watch instead.

I think that is exactly what is happening in Upstate NY.  And it's weird that the local ABC affiliate in Syracuse apparently thought that more people in Syracuse would rather watch a German soccer game.  There's a huge number of Bills fans in the Cuse.  But it doesn't explain why it is happening to viewers outside of NY, such as the comments above from NJ, CT and SoCal.  Thankfully this won't be happening in the regular season. 

15 minutes ago, CuseBill said:

I think that is exactly what is happening in Upstate NY.  And it's weird that the local ABC affiliate in Syracuse apparently thought that more people in Syracuse would rather watch a German soccer game.  There's a huge number of Bills fans in the Cuse.  But it doesn't explain why it is happening to viewers outside of NY, such as the comments above from NJ, CT and SoCal.  Thankfully this won't be happening in the regular season. 

What really doesn't make sense is according to tvguide.com the Syracuse ABC affiliate is showing "Paid Programming" at 1pm this Saturday and then showing the Bills game at 7pm on tape delay again. 

WTF is that all about?

6 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

What really doesn't make sense is according to tvguide.com the Syracuse ABC affiliate is showing "Paid Programming" at 1pm this Saturday and then showing the Bills game at 7pm on tape delay again. 

WTF is that all about?

Unbelievable.  I don't get it either.  WSYR thinks Bills fans would rather watch German soccer or used car commercials.   I guess it means you and I have to stay off TBD until about 10 pm Saturday night so we can pretend we're watching the game live.

• Agree 1

Hasn't just been Bills games that are wrong on NFL network listings. I'll wait until the regular season before pulling out my pitchfork.

Also since I'm in the Buffalo TV market as far as the NFL is concerned (Rochester area) I'm used to having to flip over to local broadcast.

For those out of market, maybe this gets resolved in the regular season. Who knows what agreements are in place for pre-season?