Isaiah McKenzie shoulder injury

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Very frustrating. Totally understand the D needing to prepare for game-like experiences and push like they’re in a game but this is crazy. 

Injuries happen. The Jets have lost 2 of their starting front 7 and a 3rd who has a good rotational edge rusher. Ravens lost a starting linebacker for the year. 

So far, we have lost Phillips for awhile? And now our 5th receiver/Return man...maybe?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Very frustrating. Totally understand the D needing to prepare for game-like experiences and push like they’re in a game but this is crazy. 

This makes me wonder about some of the starters who haven't played in a pre-season game yet - specifically Josh Allen.  If he doesn't play in preseason then that means his first real game like hit will come in the season opener?   I'm sure no one is hitting him in practice.  That worries me a little TBH....

Just now, chaccof said:

This makes me wonder about some of the starters who haven't played in a pre-season game yet - specifically Josh Allen.  If he doesn't play in preseason then that means his first real game like hit will come in the season opener?   I'm sure no one is hitting him in practice.  That worries me a little TBH....

On the list of things to worry about that falls somewhere below Giant Meteor 2021

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Injuries happen. The Jets have lost 2 of their starting front 7 and a 3rd who has a good rotational edge rusher. Ravens lost a starting linebacker for the year. 

So far, we have lost Phillips for awhile? And now our 5th receiver/Return man...maybe?

It’s the quantity. The Bills have been lucky in this department for a number of years. Also, I do not discount McKenzie’s importance as you appear to do. One injury to Beasley and he is next in line. Depth is important to me.  

As for the Jets, I am not worried about them, I am worried about the Bills. 

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Love McKenzie but we'll be fine. Most kick offs are touchbacks anyway and Micah can field and fair catch punts until Isaiah gets back. 

He will definitely be missed on jet sweeps and trick plays.

Don’t be surprised to see E Sanders used here, with or without McKenzie available 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, chaccof said:

I’m not worried about that, to be honest. Overall, I appreciate how this regime handles minor injuries at the beginning of the year and, actually, during the season: they play the long game. 

Injuries in practice I disdain, though…even if it was a misguided tackle. 

27 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

It’s the quantity. The Bills have been lucky in this department for a number of years. Also, I do not discount McKenzie’s importance as you appear to do. One injury to Beasley and he is next in line. Depth is important to me.  

It isn't luck. The Bills probably do more in regards to injury prevention than any other team in the NFL and are on the cutting edge of sports science related to that. At some point when you keep being in the top 5 every year for least man games lost it stops being luck and starts being what they are doing to prevent the injuries from occurring.

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It isn't luck. The Bills probably do more in regards to injury prevention than any other team in the NFL and are on the cutting edge of sports science related to that. At some point when you keep being in the top 5 every year for least man games lost it stops being luck and starts being what they are doing to prevent the injuries from occurring.

Agreed…I clearly should have used a different word (although I do think a small degree of luck is involved; I say this as a guy who tore my ACL and MCL walking my dogs). Your point was what I was trying to make in this thread. Apologies for poor word choices. 

As evidenced here: 

Edited by TroutDog

Whyte is a kick returner..... Just don't know how good or bad he is? But he has NFL experience.....

Maybe he'll get revenge vs. Pittsburgh and get a long return?

Injuries can really screw any team any time. The Bills work very hard to be in excellent shape to avoid them but.... What are you going to do? ***** happens....

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

I wasn't able to listen to WGR this evening, did Sal talk to the guys and give his take on what he thinks McKenzie's severity is?

He did - just had no specifics.  

Said Poyer held up, but McKenzie ran into him, but it was like McKenzie hit a brick wall and he went down.  Sal did not think Poyer did anything as he let up as much as he could - just something that happens.

Sal said McKenzie laid there for several minutes and then the trainers took him off the field and He seemed to be in obvious pain in the shoulder region, but it sounded like Sal said he was moving it, but there was discomfort.

Need to wait on the MRI - they got nothing in practice and Beane provided no real update other than he was injured.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

What's the average of practices missed by players during camp? How does that number compare to this year? 

1 hour ago, chaccof said:

Same thing happened last season and he was fine when the real games started.

Edited by purple haze

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Brings back memories of JP Losman getting a broken leg in training camp on hit, think it may have even been out of bounds and also think it was by a safety??  Was it Troy Vincent

By all accounts, poyer didn’t actually hit him.  McKenzie ran into him, he was not in the spot I guess he anticipated after he caught the ball and turned. It was accidental contact 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

If he's out for a few weeks that opens the door for Stevenson to make the roster and possibly Breida to be active on game days. Daboll loves those end arounds too much to leave them out of the playbook. It sucks for McKenzie but we can manage without him if we need to.

How so on Stevenson?  If we want McKenzie back, we can't IR him before the final roster cutdowns.  He has to make the initial 53, or he's out for the season.

Also, last we heard, Stevenson had a foot or ankle injury.  He was reported to be in civvies today and not practicing.

14 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I am sure he is hitting his girlfriend does that count

No

9 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Here is stevensons chance to shine. I would put him at slot WR early just to see what he can do.

Hello, left Bears game for xrays, returned in walking boot, didn't practice Sun. or today?

2 hours ago, chaccof said:

It's an interesting question.  Maybe some of our former football players can comment.   I have the impression that tolerance for contact is a learned response, but whether it has to be re-learned every season or whether it carries over, I'm not clear.

2 hours ago, chaccof said:

There were no preseason games last year

• Thank you (+1) 1