ACC, Big 10, Pac 12 Alliance

Mike in Horseheads

Does anybody have a idea what the end game is for these three conferences joining together?  Best I can figure is to make sure SEC doesn't get any more power.

... https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32076233/sources-acc-big-ten-pac-12-alliance-announcement-focus-common-values

19 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Does anybody have a idea what the end game is for these three conferences joining together?  Best I can figure is to make sure SEC doesn't get any more power.

Pretty much.

The PAC-12 is desperate to stay relevant.

21 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

... https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32076233/sources-acc-big-ten-pac-12-alliance-announcement-focus-common-values

I don’t think those conferences even know yet.   Probably just a first step in opening up the lines of communication and making sure they circle the wagons.

So there is speculation that the Big 12 is going to look to add to itself.  Possibly Cincinnati, Boise State, BYU, Houston, etc?

Then the AAC is going to be degraded a few notches.

I do wonder what the end result of all this is going to be in 3-5 years.  You wonder about the mid-majors for sure, but you also wonder if the Big 12 will still exist.  Will we see things like some of the teams like the Washington States, Oregon States and Illinoises of the world be dumped 

I wonder if the MAC can make a play to appeal to expand its conference from above... or merging and/or aligning with AAC or CUSA.  

On 8/26/2021 at 12:51 PM, May Day 10 said:

So there is speculation that the Big 12 is going to look to add to itself.  Possibly Cincinnati, Boise State, BYU, Houston, etc?

Then the AAC is going to be degraded a few notches.

I do wonder what the end result of all this is going to be in 3-5 years.  You wonder about the mid-majors for sure, but you also wonder if the Big 12 will still exist.  Will we see things like some of the teams like the Washington States, Oregon States and Illinoises of the world be dumped 

I wonder if the MAC can make a play to appeal to expand its conference from above... or merging and/or aligning with AAC or CUSA.  

At this rate the mid majors will merge to secure their power... Or what they have left

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sarcasm?

Not at all.

What happened to Clemson last night is a great example of what usually happens when a team has the guts to step out of a pansy ass conference and play a top team. In fact, I think that Clemson will still reach the playoffs because their schedule is just that weak. They will probably win out the rest of their games by scores of 50-0. 

I don't know what's up with LSU (coaching?), but obviously they are a historically good team. There are no tough teams in the PAC 12 so yes, when one of those teams has the courage to play an SEC team I applaud them. 

How many teams do you think are lining up begging to play Alabama or Ohio State?

Edited by Bill from NYC

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Not at all.

What happened to Clemson last night is a great example of what usually happens when a team has the guts to step out of a pansy ass conference and play a top team. In fact, I think that Clemson will still reach the playoffs because their schedule is just that weak. They will probably win out the rest of their games by scores of 50-0. 

I don't know what's up with LSU (coaching?), but obviously they are a historically good team. There are no tough teams in the PAC 12 so yes, when one of those teams has the courage to play an SEC team I applaud them. 

How many teams do you think are lining up begging to play Alabama or Ohio State?

LSU is bad, they got pushed around and dominated by an unranked team. They were bad last year too I’m pretty sure. 

Not at all.

Bill, love your enthusiasm.

The UGA D looks legit, but UGA is still being coached by Kirby.

And both QBs looked like trash.

Both teams better hope it was nothing more than opening game jitters, or the season might spiral out of control for both of them.

I don't know what's up with LSU (coaching?), but obviously they are a historically good team.

Ya think?

It wasn't apparent last year?

The Ogre is Chizik 2.0 until proven other wise.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cynical said:

Bill, love your enthusiasm.

Both teams better hope it was nothing more than opening game jitters, or the season might spiral out of control for both of them.

Ya think?

It wasn't apparent last year?

The Ogre is Chizik 2.0 until proven other wise.

Those offenses last night 😨. I have hope for Clemson if their OL can get it together but given the prehistoric offensive scheme we’ve seen from UGA with Kirby there, I don’t expect much. I thought they said they were going to stretch the field with Daniels like the stafford days 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

LSU is bad, they got pushed around and dominated by an unranked team. They were bad last year too I’m pretty sure. 

I too am pretty sure that plenty of supposedly great teams didn't play all that well against unranked teams on Saturday, no?  ;) 

3 hours ago, Cynical said:

I watched the Oklahoma game. They would have lost if they were not handed some awful calls by the refs, one in particular. They scored a bunch of points but I was not overly impressed by their supposed Heisman QB. 

That said, it was only 1 game.

Edited by Bill from NYC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.