Bills release 5 players 8/24

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Wonder if some of these guys fall into the "we're doing you a favor" category?  Maybe giving them a chance to get picked up by another team?

I think so. They look like guys who weren't going to be on the 53 but could legimately get a job elsewhere 

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I would give you an honest answer, but he does have video of me wearing a Dolphins hat a couple of decades ago and I was also singing the praises of Zima...

...some mistakes you just can't outrun.  

I wish you could just live your life and be the best "you" you can be.

I dont want there to even be a a chance he could be on the field protecting our franchise QB........injuries happen

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I would give you an honest answer, but he does have video of me wearing a Dolphins hat a couple of decades ago and I was also singing the praises of Zima...

...some mistakes you just can't outrun.  

I wish you could just live your life and be the best "you" you can be.

Zima!!?? Really!!! Shame on you...😉

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Releasing 5 players when you don't have to before a preseason game is such bad management.  Wonder what player will end up hurt that you planned to rely upon for the regular season.  These are 5 guys that should have been getting a ton of time on Sat.

😂😁😅🤣😳😆

Just now, Mountain Man said:

I think so. They look like guys who weren't going to be on the 53 but could legimately get a job elsewhere 

Most 53 man roster predictions in recent weeks had Tyrell Adams as a lock to make the team but that was before Andre Smith emerged so definitely would put him in that category and wouldn't be surprised if he's not signed by another team very quick.

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Lyndon, respectfully, how many younglings around here probably don't even know what Zima is (was) until they look it up?

Honestly, it is not worth your time, but jeepers it was huge years ago...and then died.

LOL. My Wife (ex wife now) was really into them. Wish I could have gotten her into the Bills. Maybe we still be together...😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Most 53 man roster predictions in recent weeks had Tyrell Adams as a lock to make the team but that was before Andre Smith emerged so definitely would put him in that category and wouldn't be surprised if he's not signed by another team very quick.

First step for all these guys is the waiver process tomorrow.  Then they all become FAs hoping to get their agents to find them a home

on a teams 53.  If Adams (and the other Bills cuts) get this far I'm sure most would want to get signed by the Bills PS.

The only exceptions would be guys signing on other PSs which are weak in their position on the 53.

Last few seasons a whole bunch of the Bills cuts went right onto the PS.

I'm hoping that happens again this year!

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

First step for all these guys is the waiver process tomorrow.  Then they all become FAs hoping to get their agents to find them a home

on a teams 53.  If Adams (and the other Bills cuts) get this far I'm sure most would want to get signed by the Bills PS.

The only exceptions would be guys signing on other PSs which are weak in their position on the 53.

Last few seasons a whole bunch of the Bills cuts went right onto the PS.

I'm hoping that happens again this year!

Don’t know. Adams may get a call from Jacksonville 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Georgie said:

What are you talking about? Teams were required to cut 5 players today . Might see starters play more this week.

We put 5 players on the COVID reserve list, which put us down to the required 81.  We are now at 76 players, five less than what was required. 

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Considering they had to cut 5 guys - not sure what this post means.

Every team has to get down to 80/81 by today - so we’re the Bills supposed to not do that?

The Bills are at 76 with 5 players on the COVID reserve list.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Releasing 5 players when you don't have to before a preseason game is such bad management.  Wonder what player will end up hurt that you planned to rely upon for the regular season.  These are 5 guys that should have been getting a ton of time on Sat.

Seeing how they are required to get down to a lower number, this makes no sense.  On the other hand, have seen worse takes this week.

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Well considering they have to by 4pm today.  Would that still be bad management?

And for those complaining Hart is still here.  How many Healthy Tackles do the Bills have RIGHT now?

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well considering they have to by 4pm today.  Would that still be bad management?

And for those complaining Hart is still here.  How many Healthy Tackles do the Bills have RIGHT now?

Technically the team could place the 5 players sent home today, onto the covid reserve/list.  However, when eligible to return in 5 days, then they'd have to make the cuts.  

Perhaps a professional courtesy if they already knew who would be cut, giving the players time to sign elsewhere

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again, they did not have to cut players because of the 5 guys on COVID reserve.  We could have had all these players for Sat, and cut them after the game.

29 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Seeing how they are required to get down to a lower number, this makes no sense.  On the other hand, have seen worse takes this week.

Again, they got down to the number by the 5 on COVID reserve.  They are now 5 below the number they need to be

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Lyndon, respectfully, how many younglings around here probably don't even know what Zima is (was) until they look it up?

Honestly, it is not worth your time, but jeepers it was huge years ago...and then died.

Zima: small town on the Trans-Siberian Railroad, inspiration for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which was co-founded by keyboardist Robert Kinkel, a born-and-raised Buffalonian and possible Bills fan.  

• Like (+1) 1