Bills release 5 players 8/24

YoloinOhio

Just now, WMDman said:

also surprised Devey made it passed this wave of cuts he was AWFUL in Chicago

Devey and Hart still here, Lenoir and Adams already out. This must be the higher maths. Anything beyond algebra confuses the hell out of me.

Just now, mikemac2001 said:

Ya they could be trying to get a couple of these guys to PS before final cuts 

Or they may be giving him a chance to sign onto another teams active roster before the season starts.  They did that with a few Vets that had good tape out there if I recall correctly.  Long term helps get vets in the door because they know the team will help them even it if its not with them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Releasing 5 players when you don't have to before a preseason game is such bad management.  Wonder what player will end up hurt that you planned to rely upon for the regular season.  These are 5 guys that should have been getting a ton of time on Sat.

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 6

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd think Lance Lenoir has a good shot at the PS.

6 minutes ago, WMDman said:

WOW surprised about lenoir he looked pretty good

4 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Lenoir may get picked up by another team.  I think I lot of our WR's could.

The reason you cut him now is (a) you know he's not making the 53 but (b) you don't want other GMs to think he was one of your final cuts -- even though he is more valuable than players still on the roster.  It's some low-level Beane strategery to try and sneak him onto the PS.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

IMO if you have a player you've seen enough out of, whom you'd like to put on the PS, this is the time to cut them. Makes sense to cut someone now while teams are still evaluating their rosters, might make them hesitate to put in a waiver claim.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1