Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis must sit out 5 days due to close contact

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Forfeiting games will be worse. The league will not want to deal with the outrage from the fans. Could you imagine if the Bills season is ruined because of this?

There will be no forfeiting of games.  There was an endless amount of talk of this last season, and you know how many times it happened?  Zero. 

Just now, BTB said:

There will be no forfeiting of games.  There was an endless amount of talk of this last season, and you know how many times it happened?  Zero. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday that the NFL sent a memo to its clubs stating that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week schedule due to a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will forfeit and be credited with a loss, per sources informed of the situation.Jul 22, 2021

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

So if they were vaccinated they wouldn't of been sent home?

other vaccinated people were close contact and are still in the facility?

Correct on the first 

assume yes on the 2nd question, cant confirm but would be one heck of a coincidence if only unvaxxed players to have been in contact with the trainer 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This might have been covered already, but if Bease and Davis were inoculated, how would this situation been different? 

they basically sit out zero to one day. as long as they continue to test negative

Edited by balln
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday that the NFL sent a memo to its clubs stating that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week schedule due to a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will forfeit and be credited with a loss, per sources informed of the situation.Jul 22, 2021

I’ll believe it when I see it happen. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I don't buy it.  I think the vax absolutely helps mitigate symptoms, but people are testing positive left and right, with symptoms, and vaccinated.  I'm sorry, but there's no way everyone's anecdotal evidence is that far off.

I know 12 vaxxed people who went to a conference together last week... 9 tested positive after, all with varying severity of symptoms.   Multiply that story over and over and over.  

Anecdotal evidence is not scientific. How many total vaccinated people went to that conference? How many tested positive. You're misunderstanding how statistics work. 

Statistics work in the long view, in the large numbers. And that's the important thing. Sure there will be groups of people who have higher and lower infection rates. Again, that's how statistics work. It is utterly unsurprising.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's this simple - the NFL is incentivizing players to get the vaccine because they know that is the best way to prevent an outbreak. No policy is going to be perfect. They don't expect to stop all covid cases. They just want players to take the best preventative measure available to them.

I'm glad someone explained this so eloquently.  Very well put, and all of the arguments really should boil down to this.  If vaccines reduce the chance of getting Covid by a significant margin (which they do) then every player who gets vaccinated reduces the risk of an outbreak on their team.  Of course it's not 100%, and there will be breakthrough cases.  If you want 100% chance of not having players catch Covid from NFL activities then cancel the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BTB said:

Which is why fans need to be prepared to attend a Tues night game or Wed afternoon game.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

No evidence that Josh isn’t vaccinated 

Didnt he give the same answer cam gave when asked about it. There isnt evidence but going off what hes said if i was a betting man id say no.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Haze_21 said:

Well considering Poyer is definitely unvaccinated too and most likely Josh this type of thing could really hurt us. Sanders could be big for us now.

Josh is vaccinated.  No doubt about it.  He did an interview with Peter King where both were standing a foot apart without masks on.  King would not been allowed to do that if both were unvaxed.  Earlier in the same week, King interviewed Mahommes.  Mahommes was 6 feet away and King was masked.  Read into that what you want.  Doesn't say anything about Mahommes, but it does say something about King and Allen,

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

Well considering Poyer is definitely unvaccinated too and most likely Josh this type of thing could really hurt us. Sanders could be big for us now.

I saw speculation earlier that Josh was likely vaccinated based on him not wearing a mask I think during some interviews (could be wrong, I guess we'll see soon.)

I'ver seen Star mentioned here, but not in any reporting, does anyone have a link or confirmation that he's on the list of guys missing 5 days?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BTB said:

That is some stunningly bad logic. 

Because a thing has not happened yet is not even close to proof it won't happen soon.

55 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

FDA approved as of yesterday... even if that's what they were waiting for and get the shot yesterday... it still wouldn't have solved this issue the team ran into today. 

I think the people yelling about how it's FDA approved are funny (you're not the only one who I've seen do it in this thread)... the FDA has approved 1 vaccine and they did that on Monday. It's not like it's been FDA approved for weeks, months or even days... it's been a day. 

It's like facts don't matter. 

I’m speaking in regards to going forward

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

I saw speculation earlier that Josh was likely vaccinated based on him not wearing a mask I think during some interviews (could be wrong, I guess we'll see soon.)

I'ver seen Star mentioned here, but not in any reporting, does anyone have a link or confirmation that he's on the list of guys missing 5 days?

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

Josh is vaccinated.  No doubt about it.  He did an interview with Peter King where both were standing a foot apart without masks on.  King would not been allowed to do that if both were unvaxed.  Earlier in the same week, King interviewed Mahommes.  Mahommes was 6 feet away and King was masked.  Read into that what you want.  Doesn't say anything about Mahommes, but it does say something about King and Allen,

Mahomes is vaccinated and already spoke about it publicly because of his family situation and having a newborn child:

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/news/andy-reid-and-patrick-mahomes-are-vaccinated-against-covid-19

As for Allen, I can't imagine the Bills gave him a massive deal without being vaccinated even though there are still rumors circulating out there that he's not.

Edited by FilthyBeast
  • Like (+1) 1

Interesting to learn who some of the unvaccinated players are after all the obfuscation of respecting personal decisions 

Beasley and Davis being out when this happens really hurts WR depth. Star does make a difference to run D. Milano and Klein would be a significant loss to LBs. 

Imagine this on a low vax team like the Vikes.

• Like (+1) 1