Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis must sit out 5 days due to close contact

BillsMafi$

Star continues to remain on my “bad” list. It’s his right not to have the vaccine, but at the same time for someone who sat out all last year, apparently so concerned about the virus, you would’ve thought he’d be first in line to take every precaution necessary to stave off the virus, including the vaccination. I don’t think he loves football and again, I’m surprised he hasn’t been afforded a single game rep yet, regardless of his veteran status.

Just now, SCBills said:

If the NFL continues this policy - 2021 will be even more of a mess than 2020.

I can't wait until the league starts rescheduling games again just like last year. Get ready for a Wednesday home game starting at 3:00 just like they did last years Ravens- Steelers game.

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

FFS better now than in season i guess

It's not like they tested positive and now have protection for the regular season... This could happen every week for the next three months. 

There is a very good chance these guys miss games.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I can't wait until the league starts rescheduling games again just like last year. Get ready for a Wednesday home game starting at 3:00 just like they did last years Ravens- Steelers game.

They said they will not be rescheduling games. 

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Star continues to remain on my “bad” list. It’s his right not to have the vaccine, but at the same time for someone who sat out all last year, apparently so concerned about the virus, you would’ve thought he’d be first in line to take every precaution necessary to stave off the virus, including the vaccination. I don’t think he loves football and again, I’m surprised he hasn’t been afforded a single game rep yet, regardless of his veteran status.

Maybe he feels his initial fears were overblown.  

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

They can either pass it or they can’t.  If the NFL or anyone else is going to get into what percentage chance of passing it is “low enough”, that is pretty arbitrary.  Is someone with natural immunity from having had the virus a “low enough” risk?  

Thanks Cole

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Can you explain why it makes a difference?   If you are vaxxed, and can still get the virus and also pass the virus, why does having a mix matter?  Serious question, not trying to be sarcastic.

First, it's much less likely you contract the virus if fully vaxxed.  Second, if you DO contract the virus you're much less likely to spread it.  Combine the two and there is significantly less uncertainty among a group who are ALL fully vaxxed.  Add the unvaxxed into that mix and it's all screwed up.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

Where does any of this make sense? I just can't wrap my head around it.

Cole is around a vaccinated staff member that was positive. Cole tests negative. Must sit out 5 days because he isn't vaccinated but if he was he could continue to practice....... even though the staff person he was around..... was vaccinated with covid.

Make it make sense.

It's this simple - the NFL is incentivizing players to get the vaccine because they know that is the best way to prevent an outbreak. No policy is going to be perfect. They don't expect to stop all covid cases. They just want players to take the best preventative measure available to them.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They said they will not be rescheduling games. 

Forfeiting games will be worse. The league will not want to deal with the outrage from the fans. Could you imagine if the Bills season is ruined because of this?

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

You should hear what his college buddies say about him.

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yay worse players 

And how does this create roster spots btw?

If they go on Covid reserve we do get the option of replacing them, although I'd be surprised if this lasts into week 1.  But if it did, we could use it to keep guys like Marquez into week 1 before stashing him on IR.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Forfeiting games will be worse. The league will not want to deal with the outrage from the fans. Could you imagine if the Bills season is ruined because of this?

They made the Broncos play without a QB last year.  I don't think they see it the same way the average fan does,

• Like (+1) 1