Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis must sit out 5 days due to close contact

BillsMafi$

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

All of us, in the front or in the back, know this. 

But we also know two things: 

1) it’s generally accepted that if vaccinated, your symptoms are less severe, and more importantly in this particular case; 

2) his employer made different rules for vaxxed vs non. He CHOSE no vaccine and the NFL CHOSE to make him sit home. See, isn’t the freedom of choice amazing?

Maybe he can find an employer that doesn’t require the vaccine or put any limitations for those who won’t get a shot. 

Your second point doesnt make sense though.   I am guessing the stipulation is the same for vaxxed and unvaxxed players.  If you're in close contact with someone who has the virus, you will need to go home until the incubation period for the virus passes, then you would have to retest before coming back.

40 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Totally agree. Worst case scenario this costs us a game. I don't think it's all that unlikely TBH.

My friend, that is NOT the worst case scenario. Not even slightly close.

I do worry that this seems pretty likely to happen again during the season, and that even if they don't test positive that we miss games. Could happen again and again to the same guy or guys. The rules allow the vaxxed to play through close contact. Not the unvaxxed.

5 minutes ago, jabu said:

Simon Charles

@SCharlesNFL

Cole Beasley has been sent home from the #Bills team facility after being a close contact of a trainer. I’m told he is “frustrated” and doesn’t plan on returning to the team.

I don't  know this guy, but hopefully he is getting bad information.

Please look at his other tweets, and then delete your post. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Honestly - I think the policy will change starting the first week of the season.  I think they made the policy with the hopes of getting as many players vaccinated as possible and wanted the designation of testing to help drive that.

Once we move toward the regular season - I expect them to acknowledge the changing climate and go to daily testing for everyone, but I still expect they will make it easier for vaccinated players with exposure to come back as a last enticement to push toward upper 90% levels.

The NFL was not shy about changing policy last year as needed to get every game played and I anticipate this year will be similar.

I think they made the policy based on solid data available this spring, before the Delta variant took over.

They need to change the policy to match the current reality.  There isn't great data from the US yet for {reasons} but there's no reason to ignore good data from UK (linked above)

I just hope they change before a team has an outbreak.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, jabu said:

Simon Charles

@SCharlesNFL

Cole Beasley has been sent home from the #Bills team facility after being a close contact of a trainer. I’m told he is “frustrated” and doesn’t plan on returning to the team.

I don't  know this guy, but hopefully he is getting bad information.

Bye Gina!!

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Again, and Ill say it loud for those in the back  YOU CAN CATCH COVID EVEN IF YOU GOT THE VACCINE!!!!!

NO ONE SAID YOU CAN"T. It's why it states 94% effective. It prevents serious symptoms, hospitalizations and DEATH

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, nucci said:

NO ONE SAID YOU CAN"T. It's why it states 94% effective. It prevents serious symptoms, hospitalizations and DEATH

Read the posts.  Posters are literally bemoaning the fact that the Bills have players who havent received the vaccine, when the person they are being sent home for being in close contact with had the vaccine. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Can you explain why it makes a difference?   If you are vaxxed, and can still get the virus and also pass the virus, why does having a mix matter?  Serious question, not trying to be sarcastic.

This is correct. The issue is the testing policy. Saying "if everyone were vaxxed you deal with it" takes the very point of the issue and sweeps it completely under the rug. You can still get and transmit covid while vaccinated, as such there is no reason not to have daily testing. At this point, even presuming that preliminary studies stating vaccinated people are less likely to transmit the disease, vaccinated players still pose a greater threat transmission because if positive they would be allowed to walk around, maskless, for a week able to transmit the disease. An unvaccinated player would be identified as a result of daily testing and can be removed from the facilities. The carrot of way further restrictions for vaccinated players creates a more dangerous work environment than the one we had last year, where everyone was distanced and tested daily. 

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Read the posts.  Posters are literally bemoaning the fact that the Bills have players who havent received the vaccine, when the person they are being sent home for being in close contact with had the vaccine. 

You read the posts.  The point is if the players were vaccinated, per NFL policy they would not have been sent home.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Your second point doesnt make sense though.   I am guessing the stipulation is the same for vaxxed and unvaxxed players.  If you're in close contact with someone who has the virus, you will need to go home until the incubation period for the virus passes, then you would have to retest before coming back.

But you’re wrong. The close contact rule doesn’t apply the same for the vaccinated vs non, as someone else pointed out. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Beasley is being sent home and he has not had the shot....unless I missed something

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You read the posts.  The point is if the players were vaccinated, per NFL policy they would not have been sent home.

Which makes no sense because clearly, the guy who has COVID .. is vaccinated. 

Rules are rules though .

• Agree 2