The 2nd best team in the AFC East is…

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm not sleeping on NE. 

They're getting Gilmore, Hightower, Van Noy , McCourty , JC Jackson . They're going to have a potentially great D. If they can establish an elite run game, which I expect em too, they can be a sneaky team in the AFC. 

Remember,  Belichick's embarrassed after last year.  He's looking for the Kill

Nobody should be sleeping on the Patriots just because they had one down season after two decades of dominance.

If they get even marginally better QB this year they will win at least 10 games and be a factor in the division/playoff picture and I still think we probably split with them this year.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Nobody should be sleeping on the Patriots just because they had one down season after two decades of dominance.

If they get even marginally better QB this year they will win at least 10 games and be a factor in the division/playoff picture and I still think we probably split with them this year.

I don't think anyone is taking them lightly but not having Brady is a big loss for them. They will probably be in the playoff mix because of their D, OL and running game but without Tommy boy they are no longer "THE PATS" but just another good team the Bills should beat.

13 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Aside from maybe the Bills backups, no one else is close to NE.... I despise them but, They have a pretty decent team....

The Jets are a joke.

Miami has great receivers this year and a great secondary, but that's where it ends.

Miami might give an interesting game for three quarters but we blow them out one game too...

No way Miami beats Buffalo.

No way NE beats us either but they will make it closer one game....probably with a ton of help from therefs.

Bottome Line: We sweep the East again.

KC is our challenger, Tampa too.....

Buffalo is all alone ranked #3 in the NFL, imho. We are solid everywhere and We have an elite offense.

We will have no ugly stats this year (barring catastrophic injuries.) Knock on wood.

But NE is a distant #2 to answer the question.

It's a long season and in every McDermott year they have had a stretch of "dog days" where they didn't look right for a stretch of 3-4 games and lost some of them.

Last year,  it was October.........where they got hammered by the Titans,   looked like crap on offense against the Chiefs,  labored against the Jets and needed Justin Zimmer with a last second forced fumble to prevent New England from upsetting them at home.

4 years of past history under McD suggests that they will likely have a run like that again this year........and hopefully they get out of it 2-2 again.

Assuming that they will remain focused for 17 games and not get upset or lose to a team they may be favored over is not very realistic.

I also think the Pats* are the second best team in the division, for the reasons mentioned. It's a stout roster with a good coach, and options at QB when one falters. 

Just due to the nature of divisional games I'd be surprised if we swept it again. I also think the Jets are going to be considerably tougher than last year, but still bad. 

Just now, NickelCity said:

I also think the Pats* are the second best team in the division, for the reasons mentioned. It's a stout roster with a good coach, and options at QB when one falters. 

Just due to the nature of divisional games I'd be surprised if we swept it again. I also think the Jets are going to be considerably tougher than last year, but still bad. 

I do think they have a good chance of sweeping the division again. They’re definitely very capable of doing it for a second straight year.

That said, as someone in another thread mentioned, even with the two decades of dominance that the Pats had, you didn’t often see them sweep. They usually got tripped up by Miami once a year.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I do think they have a good chance of sweeping the division again. They’re definitely very capable of doing it for a second straight year.

That said, as someone in another thread mentioned, even with the two decades of dominance that the Pats had, you didn’t often see them sweep. They usually got tripped up by Miami once a year.

Yep, the second point is my hesitancy. There's no question we're the best team in the division.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a long season and in every McDermott year they have had a stretch of "dog days" where they didn't look right for a stretch of 3-4 games and lost some of them.

Last year,  it was October.........where they got hammered by the Titans,   looked like crap on offense against the Chiefs,  labored against the Jets and needed Justin Zimmer with a last second forced fumble to prevent New England from upsetting them at home.

4 years of past history under McD suggests that they will likely have a run like that again this year........and hopefully they get out of it 2-2 again.

Assuming that they will remain focused for 17 games and not get upset or lose to a team they may be favored over is not very realistic.

I definitely agree with you, that has been the overall pattern.

That said, I don’t think it’s just a McD thing. I think most good teams go through stretches throughout the year where they’re not themselves, it gets hard or they get into a funky stretch where they have to push through.

I believe many times that’s what separates a mediocre/decent team from a good/great team. Can you push through when it gets tough? Can you still win even on days where you were somewhat off or not completely in sync?

The Pats had a few seasons where that’s what their September looked like. Some started to write them off. Then, they’d either get to AFC Championship game or end up winning the Super Bowl.

Like you mentioned, the bills will most likely face that type of stretch again this season. And to your point, if they can play .500 ball during that stretch, they should be fine.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're a BTTF fan you know I can't do that.

Maybe you could try hanging your clock in the bathroom again, then after you slip and hit your head you'll have another vision. This time it will be of the Bills winning the Super Bowl this season. :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

LOL. Over at Jetnation they have a thread on AFC East predictions. Some are reasonable. Some are delusional like posts from DWC. He must be the son of SAR !

spot1629147214.jpg.fb9ca1fff342a33ab77c29a67f24acb2.jpg

What an idiot tool CJ Mosley is. Clown 🤡.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think New England is (joking aside) likely the 2nd best team in the AFC East this year. Close between they and Miami but I think if New England just get a little bit better QB play with their opt outs back and their upgrades they are probably the 2nd best team.

Ya for sure. 

I'm just not a believer in Tua. 

Fitz won the majority of those games last year and with the playoffs on the line,  we smoked Tua with our 2nd string. I don't think he has the arm strength to be an elite QB

I def have NE ahead of Mia. 

We embarrassed them in Foxboro, Belicheck I'm sure has been scheming up plays to stop our O and that D should/could be very dangerous.  But our O is phenomenal.  Looking forward to those battles 

Edited by JerseyBills

16 hours ago, gomper said:

Good Lord. Let this current team actually make a SB before having this discussion. 

I get that it doesn’t mean much until you play the games. Nobody has won anything yet. Yes, I agree.

It’s still fun to talk about though. Considering that some used to wonder if awesome college football teams could beat our bills to a post that says that our bills back ups are the second best team in the division, we’ve come a long way as a team.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

My gut feeling is the Dolphins will collapse. I think the Patriots will come in 2nd, likely by 3-4 games behind the Bills.

I could definitely see that happening with the Dolphins. Not because they don't have a pretty solid team and coach, I just don't believe in Tua.

It's harder to predict the Pats. I can see them faltering again because of weak (or rookie) QB play, but with their defense and BB, they could be a tough out.

It should be a fun season for sure. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1