2021 QB Council: Ranking the top 10 qb's in multiple categories(Plenty of Allen discussion)

Pretty cool article by ESPN where they got their writers together and voted on rankings for multiple categories. Allen got 2nd in arm strength and was listed as "biggest surprise" because Kimes thought he got snubbed there. 9th in accuracy and again listed as biggest surprise due to a writer thinking he got snubbed in that ranking. He wasnt ranked in "touch" but Hasselbeck stated he was the "riser to watch" there. 

Thats really just the start of it. He's ranked top 5 in multiple categories and was crowned the "toughest" QB..... Anyways, I thought it was kind of a cool little read. And plenty of talk about our guy. I'll try and paste some of what they're saying on him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32050570/nfl-quarterback-council-2021-ranking-top-10-qbs-arm-strength-accuracy-decision-making-rushing-ability-more

Biggest surprise: I'm surprised that Allen didn't end up No. 1 here. Sure, Mahomes throws the prettier deep ball, but if we're just assessing arm strength, Allen's cannon is indisputable. -- Kimes (On allens arm strength ranking)

Biggest surprise: Allen has to be higher on the list given his noticeable development as a pocket thrower. In 2019, Allen completed just 58.8% of his passes, but that number jumped to 69.2% this past season, which was good for fourth in the NFL. Paired with his rare physical traits at the position, Allen can throw with both accuracy and location, putting him in the upper tier of the NFL's quarterbacks. -- Bowen (on Allens 9th ranking in accuracy)

Riser to watch: Coming out of Wyoming, Josh Allen had a habit of just trying to throw the ball hard. If he was unsure or late, he would just step on the gas with his passes. But as his pre-snap command at the line of scrimmage has grown, his tendency to play with more anticipation has grown with it. -- Hasselbeck (Allen was unranked in touch)

Best of the best: Every QB on this list is worthy of being at the top of this category, as they will all stand in the pocket and keep firing in the face of pressure, big hits or sacks. Allen, with his physical size, strength and ability as both a runner and thrower, separates himself slightly from the group for me as the one guy who would scare me the most if I had to line up and defend him for a full 60 minutes. -- Riddick (Allen ranked #1 in toughness)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DJB said:

I'm not here to discuss or listen. 

I'm here to tell you that Josh is #1

PreciousEntireFishingcat-max-1mb.gif

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

We have one of the best QBs in the league and that’s all I care about.

i mean... ok... i guess..... its the offseason man. i thought it was a decent read.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

PreciousEntireFishingcat-max-1mb.gif

i mean... ok... i guess..... its the offseason man. i thought it was a decent read.

I read it earlier and don’t have any issues with it. I’m anticipating plenty of debate over where exactly he ranked in some of the categories. 

• Like (+1) 1

If there's an arm strength category and Josh Allen isn't number one.. it's a fugazi list

Seen everybody from elway to Kelly, Marino, Vick, Jeff George 

Nobody spins a football with the velocity and Crispness that Josh Allen does.. he's on a different plane

• Agree 1

Obviously he's #1 in arm strength. All highly respected scouts and analysts said he's the strongest they've ever seen. You don't hear that for anyone else.

I'm actually pleased with the accuracy ranking. There are a ton of accurate QBs out there. Completion % is not a measure of accuracy.