trade idea - Jake Fromm to ATL

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Davis Webb I can see getting picked up off waivers but either he or Fromm in terms of trade value is like a 7th at best. They would have to be super desperate. 

I think they probably are desperate. I doubt the coach/GM want to go 0-and-whatever if Ryan goes down.

1 hour ago, 4thandGoal said:

can you really think that they would trade for Fromm... what you been smoking... you can tell us cuz it is legal now

What are the other options? RG III? A nearly 41-year old Shaub? Someone in this thread actually mentioned Kaepernick. They don't have a backup QB right now. That's not actually viable in the NFL. Not saying it's going to happen, and a 4th is too high, but they need to get a QB pronto and preferably at least a week before the season starts. 0-16 is nothing any team wants to deal with, and if Felipe Franks as your QB, 0-16 is a plausible outcome.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think Fromm returning to Georgia would be an easy sell to the fanbase, just look at everyone in here who loves a feel-good story over what's best for the team.

Give him a lot of playing time against the Packers & see if Daboll can make him look good.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I think Fromm returning to Georgia would be an easy sell to the fanbase, just look at everyone in here who loves a feel-good story over what's best for the team.

Give him a lot of playing time against the Packers & see if Daboll can make him look good.

Yep. I want him starting that game with a good o-line in front of him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Fromm has never taken a snap in a real game.  Why would Atlanta want a totally inexperienced backup?  There are a lot better options out there than Jake Fromm:  https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/

Possible ticket sales? Hometown kid comes home. Former UGA product. A Katherine Webb lookalike wouldn’t hurt either 

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I'd send Fromm to Atlanta for a new parka and a bag of Jack Link's Beef Jerky. 

Yup. As a SEC guy, I disliked the pick when it happened. He simply does not have a NFL arm and I haven’t seen anything to change that perception. 

Truly wish the kid all of the best but it’s time to move on, ‘winner’ or not. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

In my opinion, it will expose him (unless they ‘game plan’ to have him throwing five yard outs and rainbows). He doesn’t have the arm…he’s literally 1/8th Josh (the new NFL arm strength measurement). 😃 

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

With AJ McCarron out for the season, ATL has only two QBs on their roster, and one of them is an undrafted rookie free agent (Felipe Franks). I prefer Webb to Fromm, although honestly it's more like six of one/half dozen of the other. Regardless, they're both fine as third stringers, so the Bills aren't creating any vulnerabilities. Rather than wait until cuts and hope they get lucky, Atlanta could secure via a trade a modestly credible backup in Fromm who also happens to be a hometown hero. And if they do it quickly, they'd at least get some camp under Fromm's belt. My view: if the Falcons offered a 4th rounder (or some combination that's equivalent to that) in the 2022 draft, I'd be all over it.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/falcons/2021/08/23/aj-mccarron-acl-tear-atlanta-falcons-quarterback/8239250002/

Atlanta is rebuilding, they wouldn't waste a 4th on player that might not be good enough to play in the NFL. They'll take their chances with a weak backup. They won't win much anyway.

5 hours ago, H2o said:

I'd send Fromm to Atlanta for a new parka and a bag of Jack Link's Beef Jerky. 

I’d send Fromm to Atlanta and ask nothing more in return than the peace of mind in knowing he’d have no opportunity to ever rekindle my PPSD (post-Peterman stress disorder) with his wimpy arm. 

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Nobody is offering a 4th for Fromm.  

I agree with this.  Beane could certainly give Atlanta's GM a call an gauge his interest, but unless Atlanta has some mysterious craving for Fromm because he's a University of Georgia  product, there are other fringe type QBs out there who can get them through the preseason, and there will be many more after final cutdown day.

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Possible ticket sales? Hometown kid comes home. Former UGA product. A Katherine Webb lookalike wouldn’t hurt either 

The only extra ticket would be Mrs. Fromm.   The competition just got tougher-Duck Hodges got cut today and is available.

3 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I thought RG3 was in TB?

He got some kind of analyst job.  If he's smart he'll stick to the media and never play again.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I think they probably are desperate. I doubt the coach/GM want to go 0-and-whatever if Ryan goes down.

Trading a 4th for Jake Fromm, and then starting him, is exactly how you go 0-and-whatever.