trade idea - Jake Fromm to ATL

38 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Because they're literally desperate. A team cannot go into a season opener with only one real QB on the roster.

Because all of the other backs have been claimed. It's desperation time there.

Jake Fromm isn't a 'real' QB

Have you looked at the Jets or the Raiders backup QBs?

Even if they're desperate, there's a bunch of guys on Fromm's level (or better) that they could get instead of giving up a draft pick for Fromm

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, Bortles might be the best available for Atlanta.   Kind of wonder why he's available though.

Also, Denver's QB situation last year was terrible - Drew Lock with Jeff Driscoll and Brett Rypien behind him. You would think that Bortles was a more appealing backup option than those stiffs.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Also, Denver's QB situation last year was terrible - Drew Lock with Jeff Driscoll and Brett Rypien behind him. You would think that Bortles was a more appealing backup option than those stiffs.

You really would.  Fitzpatrick has commented on how being a backup is a very different role, you kind of have to wonder if it's a mental/team chemistry thing where he hasn't made that adjustment

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Jake Fromm isn't a 'real' QB

Have you looked at the Jets or the Raiders backup QBs?

Even if they're desperate, there's a bunch of guys on Fromm's level (or better) that they could get instead of giving up a draft pick for Fromm

Why isn't he a real QB? Super-productive for years in the toughest college conference (to the point where he basically had helped UGA win a national championship if not for a crazy defensive breakdown in OT), drafted in the fifth round by a good organization, regarded by just about everyone as a mid-round draftable prospect ... I'm not saying he's great but this isn't Gary Marangi we're talking about here. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Well that news does make it a bit more possible.  If not for a backup certainly might be worth a 2023 6th conditional for Fromm to be a 3rd string

development guy.  They get him on a cheap rookie contract (especially after Bills eats his bonus money).

Beane on the other hand saves a pretty good chunk of dead cap (600k).  If Fromm is cut he will maybe get picked up on waivers BUT he will

be a FA if he clears and may sign with ATL anyway if they wanted him.  If Beane cuts him he got to guess he won't end up on the Bills PS.

LOL, if I was Beane I'd have one of my guys make a call.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

With AJ McCarron out for the season, ATL has only two QBs on their roster, and one of them is an undrafted rookie free agent (Felipe Franks). I prefer Webb to Fromm, although honestly it's more like six of one/half dozen of the other. Regardless, they're both fine as third stringers, so the Bills aren't creating any vulnerabilities. Rather than wait until cuts and hope they get lucky, Atlanta could secure via a trade a modestly credible backup in Fromm who also happens to be a hometown hero. And if they do it quickly, they'd at least get some camp under Fromm's belt. My view: if the Falcons offered a 4th rounder (or some combination that's equivalent to that) in the 2022 draft, I'd be all over it.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/falcons/2021/08/23/aj-mccarron-acl-tear-atlanta-falcons-quarterback/8239250002/

Nice idea.  Fromm is well thought of here in Georgia.  And the Falcons are in deep trouble if Franks ever has to play.  (He was terrible against Miami on Saturday nite.  And he was pretty bad in college to be honest about it)  But a 4th round pick is not going to happen for Jake Fromm at this point in his career.  

I saw the play where AJ got hit.  Did he tear his ACL?  

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Rosen and RGIII are bad players? If that's your standard for bad, know who else is bad? Fromm.

Those guys are better.

Kaepernick will not be playing for the Falcons? Know who else won't? Fromm if the Bills try to get anything more than probably a 7th two or three years from now for him.

Schaub is in his forties, yes. And better than Fromm. Bortles hasn't been on a team since 2019, and he's still better than Fromm.

Sorry, man, you're kidding yourself here.

Wildly overestimating what other teams will pay for guys the Bills are likely to cut is an old, treasured, popular game here in Buffalo, and you're playing it here. There's no way they get a 4th for him, or anything close. Post-draft, QBs are like new cars that lose value the instant they drive off the lot. QBs can gain that value back if they show they can play in the NFL. Fromm hasn't.

Rosen better than Fromm? Idk about that Rosen’s been in the league for 4 years and has been on 4 different teams and hasn’t made a home for himself anywhere. And got released after 1 year by the team who drafted him in the 1st round. Dare I say, at this point they are probably the same. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

With AJ McCarron out for the season, ATL has only two QBs on their roster, and one of them is an undrafted rookie free agent (Felipe Franks). I prefer Webb to Fromm, although honestly it's more like six of one/half dozen of the other. Regardless, they're both fine as third stringers, so the Bills aren't creating any vulnerabilities. Rather than wait until cuts and hope they get lucky, Atlanta could secure via a trade a modestly credible backup in Fromm who also happens to be a hometown hero. And if they do it quickly, they'd at least get some camp under Fromm's belt. My view: if the Falcons offered a 4th rounder (or some combination that's equivalent to that) in the 2022 draft, I'd be all over it.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/falcons/2021/08/23/aj-mccarron-acl-tear-atlanta-falcons-quarterback/8239250002/

can you really think that they would trade for Fromm... what you been smoking... you can tell us cuz it is legal now

37 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Why isn't he a real QB? Super-productive for years in the toughest college conference (to the point where he basically had helped UGA win a national championship if not for a crazy defensive breakdown in OT), drafted in the fifth round by a good organization, regarded by just about everyone as a mid-round draftable prospect ... I'm not saying he's great but this isn't Gary Marangi we're talking about here. 

..because Jake Fromm has less preseason success than Nathan Peterman did at this point in their careers. 

Just now, TH3 said:

This thread gets 4 pages but my equally goofy “Trade Daboll” /s thread gets shut down.....wtf?

You have to disguise attention ***** with some stupidity. Your thread was clearly pure comedy. 

Edited by jeremy2020

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Lol to anyone who thinks that Fromm has trade value. I mean really?? 🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Fromm has absolutely no trade value

This was my original thinking before. Awhile back I think it was hapless who pointed out to me other guys with really no value Beane moved. 
Cardale, Newhouse, Lee smith, Mccaron, Bodine, Cardale Jones certainly didn’t have more value than Fromm. Maybe a higher upside but still. A 6 or 7 isn’t a bad throwaway pick for an unproven quarterback 

• Like (+1) 1