Last Duke Williams thread....[Edit: unclaimed on waived/injured, now on Bills IR]]

cage

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

The Duke is done. Likely headed to the CFL - that exists still right?

Teams have played 2 or 3 games so far.  Plenty of time to head north if he has his Covid test & vaccine. He might be in line at the Peace Bridge customs right now.   

I remember the day he signed.  Everyone was so excited because NFL free agency hadn't begun and before we signed Brown & Beasley we had the worst group of receivers known to man.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

29 minutes ago, cage said:

I liked him and was hoping he would succeed w/ Bills.....

Wait, when did Duke get injured?

He wasn't on the list of players not seen at Sunday's practice and I don't recall him being announced as injured vs. the Bears

He did fall down on a route and the Bills do, I think, have more class than to cut a possibly injured guy and leave him without treatment...if he's waived/injured and not claimed, the Bills are still responsible for his medical treatment and rehab.

Shame about Lamp

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wait, when did Duke get injured?

He wasn't on the list of players not seen at Sunday's practice and I don't recall him being announced as injured vs. the Bears

The injury was an office intern's sprained wrist.  Too many moves of players to/from the practice squad.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Last Duke Williams thread....[edit: Waived/injured, other transactions]
34 minutes ago, cage said:

I liked him and was hoping he would succeed w/ Bills.....

I was really pulling for him, too.  I hope another team snatches him up and he's handled/utilized better than he has been in Buffalo.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Lamp IR'd means he's out for the season now right? They could have reactivated him after x amount of weeks only if he made the 53?

More than likely if he is healthy they will give him and injury settlement and release him at some point during the year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.