Last Duke Williams thread....[Edit: unclaimed on waived/injured, now on Bills IR]]

cage

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I always thought he'd be too slow. And he is. But good luck to him in the CFL. Hope he does well.

He did very well in the CFL in 2018 before coming to the Bills.  Most receiving yards in the league in 2018 and "top performer" honors for two months.  All the work he put in and experience he gained in the NFL should only help him there. 

I think the running start WR get in the CFL, helps him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He did very well in the CFL in 2018 before coming to the Bills.  Most receiving yards in the league in 2018 and "top performer" honors for two months.  All the work he put in and experience he gained in the NFL should only help him there. 

I think the running start WR get in the CFL, helps him.

Yes, I knew about his past CFL seasons. Good point about the running start. That should help slower receivers. Often the issue with speed is a lack of acceleration rather than the lack of top speed.

Man, it’s crazy how the NFL works - the playoff game versus Houston seemingly was the turning point of his career.  

If he played well, it probably would be enough to catch onto a 53 roster - maybe even with the Bills.

Instead he plays a very average game with a few drops and never catches on with an NFL roster again.  I always liked Duke and hope he’d have this crazy redemption story.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'll see you and raise you:

Now I have to go looking for my copy of 'Saskatchewan Idiot'.

Ironically, in 2014-15, I worked on a construction project in Vanscoy, Saskatchewan.  Just a little bit south of Saskatoon!

31 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

He and Kelvin Benjamin are going to open a chain of BBQ restaurants called "Low & Slow".

Duke will always get mad props from me for running over the BC Lions DB who was taunting him when Williams played for Edmonton.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

I live a little bit south of Regina. To bad that doesn't have a catchy tune. Before josh allen their was a wyo qb who played for the rough riders, thought about going up for a game once.

John Valby (Dr. Dirty) is fairly well known in WNY for his cabaret style act on college campuses singing ribald songs.  He would have one written for Regina in about 45 seconds. 😁

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

John Valby (Dr. Dirty) is fairly well known in WNY for his cabaret style act on college campuses singing ribald songs.  He would have one written for Regina in about 45 seconds. 😁

And rough riders 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.