Last Duke Williams thread....[Edit: unclaimed on waived/injured, now on Bills IR]]

cage

image.png.2b081c42be17deec1ebd1620dd1f4c63.png

Another player returned to the Bills (sort of), Duke Williams was added to injured reserve. Williams was waived on Monday with an injury designation due to an undisclosed malady, but he cleared waivers which reverts him to the Bills, albeit on injured reserve. Williams may end up on IR for the remainder of the season, especially if Buffalo sees a future for him in Western New York. The team and Williams could also agree on an injury settlement which would open the door for Williams to land elsewhere, or even return to the Bills later this season.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/8/25/22640426/buffalo-bills-tuesday-transactions-include-waiver-adds-wr-rico-gafford-dt-joey-ivie

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Last Duke Williams thread....[Edit: unclaimed on waived/injured, now on Bills IR]]
16 minutes ago, wppete said:

Happy he is back. Is he eligible for the practice roster this year? 

He's on IR before season started so his only options are Bills IR for entire season, or take an injury settlement from the Bills which then makes him a FA and can immediately sign a contract with any team NOT named Buffalo.  After a certain amount of time, someone stated 6 weeks (I thought it was all season) the Bills could resign him either to the 53 or the PS.

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

He's on IR before season started so his only options are Bills IR for entire season, or take an injury settlement from the Bills which then makes him a FA and can immediately sign a contract with any team NOT named Buffalo.  After a certain amount of time, someone stated 6 weeks (I thought it was all season) the Bills could resign him either to the 53 or the PS.

So if the Bills move to Austin before week one, he can sign with them?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:26 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

I agree that we are done w the Dukester.  Here is an interesting question?  Who is a better NFL WR, Zay Jones or Duke Williams?  Or are either really NFL caliber receivers?  

I think Zay was undoubtedly a smarter and more prepared receiver, he knew all the WR positions, but Zay lacked the “dog” mentality that Duke has.
It’s tougher to say who’s better, Zay had more physical gifts and smarts, while Duke always seemed hungrier for the ball and opportunities (the Houston drop not withstanding). If you got into a bar fight you’d most definitely want Duke to have your back rather than Zay, so for that reason if I was forced to go to battle with one, I’d pick Duke over Zay. Neither is more valuable than a 4th WR though, at best.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I think Zay was undoubtedly a smarter and more prepared receiver, he knew all the WR positions, but Zay lacked the “dog” mentality that Duke has.
It’s tougher to say who’s better, Zay had more physical gifts and smarts, while Duke always seemed hungrier for the ball and opportunities (the Houston drop not withstanding). If you got into a bar fight you’d most definitely want Duke to have your back rather than Zay, so for that reason if I was forced to go to battle with one, I’d pick Duke over Zay. Neither is more valuable than a 4th WR though, at best.

Terrible take. Zay has already proven he will fight for Jesus.

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Jimmy Fallon Action GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

The “Last Duke Williams Thread” title is looking like a rookie mistake. Like when I almost fell for Trent Edwards…..  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/24/2021 at 12:33 PM, Mountain Man said:

That's what I dont get, aside from underdog feel good story redemption from the CFL what has Duke Williams actually done to merit even sticking around the team as long as he has done? 

Game winning TD reception…

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.