Last Duke Williams thread....[Edit: unclaimed on waived/injured, now on Bills IR]]

cage

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

I thought waived/injured cut ties with the team via an injury settlement?  If he passes waivers, not sure he can be placed on PS?

Yeah, I know if he placed on IR then given and injury settlement, he's a FA and can sign with any team except the Bills for the rest of the season.  Not sure if waived/injured is considered the same thing and has the same rules or not??

6 hours ago, WMDman said:

sucks for lamp but im sure duke will end up on the PS

Not so sure about that.  I think Hodgins could end up there.  Stevenson might as well.  I'm not sure that the Bills will want to take the time continuing to develop a 28 year old WR who just can't seem to quite make the team year after year.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was really pulling for him, too.  I hope another team snatches him up and he's handled/utilized better than he has been in Buffalo.

How should we have utilized him better? He had his shot in the Houston game and blew it. He is PS/camp fodder, nothing more.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah, I know if he placed on IR then given and injury settlement, he's a FA and can sign with any team except the Bills for the rest of the season.  Not sure if waived/injured is considered the same thing and has the same rules or not??

Yeah, waived/injured is sort of the first part of an injury settlement for a player subject to waivers.  If the player is claimed, fine; if he isn't the team can reach an injury settlement with him (or IR him).  The injury settlements apparently have clauses against "double dipping" so if another team has interest it's simpler if he's just claimed.

7 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Wow never saw that before its like dude go sit down.

No smile from Josh or anything 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Duke ran his mouth or something like I’m open but Allen isn’t finding me enough at some point and basically soured any relationship. 

4 hours ago, T master said:

Bellicheck will be calling Dukes agent in a heart beat .

LOL if Allen can’t find him, nobody on Bellicheck’s squad will. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

6 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

maybe he was surpassed by better talent which is the reality of the NFL. 

He absolutely was.  I'm more specifically referring to the 2019 season in which they benched him for 10 weeks, then activated him for the playoffs and gave him the most targets on the team.  And people were shocked that he wasn't Jerry ***** Rice that day.  I think the kid has enough talent to crack a 53 and put up some numbers.  On the Bills?  No.  Like you said, they have better receivers.  But that wasn't the case for most of his tenure in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, MWK said:

How should we have utilized him better? He had his shot in the Houston game and blew it. He is PS/camp fodder, nothing more.

He had his shot in the Houston game after sitting for 10 weeks.  Great personnel management.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

I liked Duke's story and wanted him to succeed.  Hopefully he makes PS, otherwise I wish him the best!

This is how I feel. Always rooted for him but deep down I felt that Houston play ended his journey. He's better than Zay and it wouldn't shock me to see him land somewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

.  I hope another team snatches him up and he's handled/utilized better than he has been in Buffalo.

The Bills took a chance of him from the CFL when no other team did.

They then gave him repeated chances, and gave him multiple long stints on the practice squad to develop and prove himself. 

He got far more of a chance than most do in those circumstances. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

He absolutely was.  I'm more specifically referring to the 2019 season in which they benched him for 10 weeks, then activated him for the playoffs and gave him the most targets on the team.  And people were shocked that he wasn't Jerry ***** Rice that day.  I think the kid has enough talent to crack a 53 and put up some numbers.  On the Bills?  No.  Like you said, they have better receivers.  But that wasn't the case for most of his tenure in Buffalo.

He had his shot in the Houston game after sitting for 10 weeks.  Great personnel management.

He doesn't have the talent. He is bad. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fair enough... good response!!  The look on Allen's face after the catch just struck me as strange..... man, we overanalyze this stuff!!  Still 19 days until kick-off, so more room for threads like this!

I wish him the best, he seemed like a good guy for the team, worked hard and did well with his opportunities.  Yes he had a memorable drop, but that happens, bummer for him that it ends for now at least.  Hopefully, he finds a new team and some opportunity to play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.