Last Duke Williams thread....[Edit: unclaimed on waived/injured, now on Bills IR]]

cage

1 hour ago, Process said:

When did Lamp even get hurt? McDermott made it seem the other day like Phillips was the only potential serious injury.

Thought Lamp would be good depth.

I think he got hurt signing his contract. 

McDemott was referring to recent guys. At least that was the way I interpreted and guys like Lamp who haven't been practicing for awhile weren't being referenced. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

To think, this dude was starting a Wild Card game for us.  

What could have been if he made the TD grab before half..

I think he had the most targets that game.

I think about that game often.  In retrospect, I’m glad we lost.   May not have landed Diggs with a lower draft pick to offer MN with NE lurking around. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB
  • Agree 1

Writing was on the wall. Legend of Kumerow has surpassed Duuuke of late. We have too much WR talent to keep Duke. I mean, for God’s sake, we couldn’t even keep John Brown at 3.5 mill - that’s how good we are one thru six..

That said, Duke really beat the odds to be with us for this long. So long Duke!! Thanks for the memories.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We are going 4th pre season game lineup against GB. I am sure of it

I get that feeling also. 

Figured they might give the starters at least a series though but sounds like everyone is ready for the start of the season instead. 

2 hours ago, Process said:

When did Lamp even get hurt? McDermott made it seem the other day like Phillips was the only potential serious injury.

Thought Lamp would be good depth.

Lamp was injured heading into Training Camp.  Lower Leg - I believe.

McD was talking about guys injured in the Chicago game.

Sucks for the Duke but we all knew that good players were going to get cut and not make this team.

And if anything Beane and McDermott probably told him they weren't sure he'd be signed to the practice squad again so by making this move now it gives him a chance to catch on with another team and won't be surprised if he's starting and producing for another team later this season if he's healthy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.