Last Duke Williams thread....[Edit: unclaimed on waived/injured, now on Bills IR]]

cage

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Honestly more interested in the "motor/moss/breida" comment.  I would assume if that's the case then Josh is also not going to play.

Duke will probably go to the PS.  

Maybe he goes to the PS but their are plenty of guys they haven't cut yet that they may prefer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Honestly more interested in the "motor/moss/breida" comment.  I would assume if that's the case then Josh is also not going to play.

Hopefully that means Wade is healthy and will finally get a shot this preseason. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

My prediction is that Duke does not end up on practice squad. My guess he is at best the 9th best WR on the team. 

The Duke Williams era draws to a close. 

I like the title of this one...

It will be interesting to see if he makes anyone's 53. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Can he?  I know if you're released from IR with an injury settlement, the one team you can not resign with is the team that released you.  Not certain if a "waived/injury designation" is completely different or same restrictions?

• Like (+1) 1

Duke gave it his best shot in the NFL. 

His biggest chance to make it as a WR in the NFL came in the Houston playoff game. He was targeted heavily. He did not live up to the moment, highlighted by his end zone drop that might have changed the outcome of the game.

Alas, if he wants to get meaningful playing time and contribute, his best avenue to do so might be the CFL.

Thanks for giving it your all, Duke. I'll always remember the game-winner against Tennessee. Happy trails to you.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.