Blue helmets? Either a marketing gimmick or a real thing.

Draconator

14 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

More than your chubby ankles already have???

*Long run on sentence warning*

Dude, I told you that’s by design. When I was a street hockey champion at the local tennis court, I found that additional padding on the ankles kept me in the game where others might have a moment or two of hopping around in agony when an arrant ball or stick chopped them in the ankles. 

You have no idea how much garbage I collected around the net, when a lesser, normal ankled gent couldn’t hack it. 

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

These are just custom made helmets by TSE Buffalo for autograph signings. They aren't anything that anyone connected to the Bills or the NFL are doing. Just a piece of independently made merchandise.

Yeah, it seems like OP is the real driver of this thread otherwise it would have petered out. A lot of "well what would you like to see?" or "what designs do you like?". I wouldn't be shocked if OP is actually Dylan Young, the original designer , or if he works for TSE. 

Regardless, this thing is a swing and a miss. The Bills currently have one of the best uniforms in the league, helmet included. I like the white way more than the red and I have since day one. Blue could work, but not this one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:49 PM, I am the egg man said:

For fun, like to see a white charging Buffalo with a red streak or a red one with a white streak on a blue helmet.

On 8/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, First Round Bust said:

the blue look needs work, maybe make most of the helmet the same shade of blue and work in some red and white for boundry lines and contrast...

How about the red standing Buffalo with Nickel silver outline to set off from the blue, with red and nickel silver stripes to go with the throwback all whites?

6 hours ago, Mango said:

Found a keeper guys! 

image.png.95c76a6880c863268d5707ca15334ee9.png

But seriously, I can get behind the City of Buffalo Flag design once in a blue moon. 
https://www.trainwrecksports.com/5-concept-helmets-the-buffalo-bills-need-to-wear/

Ha!  I was sort of proposing the exact inverse of the red with blue standing Buffalo they illustrated, except silver for the face mask instead of red..

IMG_2874-1024x896.jpeg

Edited by BuffaloBob
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills just need to resize the logo back to the red helmet size and get ride of the mullet.

They downsized the logo 15% as NFL insisted they needed the space to put NFL stickers, US flag?, concussion stickers, on back etc etc...real reason was the mullet added. I call BS on NFL statement as Bucs just started using a helmet logo you could see from outer space.(Bucs since downsized a little and looks better)

So enlarge Bills logo 10% instead of the 15 and call it good. ??

Edited by cba fan

17 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

*Long run on sentence warning*

Dude, I told you that’s by design. When I was a street hockey champion at the local tennis court, I found that additional padding on the ankles kept me in the game where others might have a moment or two of hopping around in agony when an arrant ball or stick chopped them in the ankles. 

You have no idea how much garbage I collected around the net, when a lesser, normal ankled gent couldn’t hack it. 

TL;DR

On 9/1/2021 at 1:11 PM, Mango said:

Found a keeper guys! 

But seriously, I can get behind the City of Buffalo Flag design once in a blue moon. 
https://www.trainwrecksports.com/5-concept-helmets-the-buffalo-bills-need-to-wear/

I like the City of Buffalo one also, could be a winner. I also like the Rockpile Red helmet but I think they'd have to go with dark grey pants and red jerseys. Not historically accurate but would definitely look "retro."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Luka said:

I like the City of Buffalo one also, could be a winner. I also like the Rockpile Red helmet but I think they'd have to go with dark grey pants and red jerseys. Not historically accurate but would definitely look "retro."

The Buffalo helmet is interesting. Buffalo could be the first movers in the NFL with it. The NBA does a bunch of city specific uniforms. 

5 hours ago, Mango said:

The Buffalo helmet is interesting. Buffalo could be the first movers in the NFL with it. The NBA does a bunch of city specific uniforms. 

that might be fun. Works better in sports that play many many more games. NFL wants to keep the main brand(which is helmet and logo) front and center as much as possible. This is why they denied the Seahawks desire to play with home and away helmets(1 navy 1 silver w same logo) back when they changed to current look. Fan poll then choose Navy. 

Would be interesting to see home and away though. But most likely would only allow the helmet color to be reversed. Not all these alternate helmets you see in NCAA football.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/941079-the-seattle-seahawks-and-their-nfl-uniform-changes-over-the-years-1976-present

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/1/2021 at 1:11 PM, Mango said:

Found a keeper guys! 

I'd buy the mini helmet version of that for my collection. I'm not even kidding...... would look good next to the 1994 Thanksgiving game "Ralph is cheap" throwback. 

Edited by loyal2dagame