Raiders tried to trade for Khalil Mack this off-season

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I am surprised he didn’t get dealt to a contender, I am not surprised he didn’t end up back with the Raiders. 

Cents, the two teams that are contenders and have space that could make it happen would be the Seahawks and the Packers.  Some of the others with space that are close have top ends.  

he’s most likely there.

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

How the heck with cash to cap could bowl cut Mark Davis afford that one?  He doesn’t even close to have the cash ready for that type of investment.  

flip side, Mack and Ngakoue would be formidable.  The Bears weren’t going to lose that asset.

Because Mack's base salary this season is a pittance.........$2M.

That's all it would have cost the Raiders.

The Bears dead cap hit would have been $38M.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Because Mack's base salary this season is a pittance.........$2M.

That's all it would have cost the Raiders.

The Bears dead cap hit would have been $38M.

So...Mack's eating at a soup kitchen this year?!

Does he get a hat? 🤔

32 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

How the heck with cash to cap could bowl cut Mark Davis afford that one?  He doesn’t even close to have the cash ready for that type of investment.  

flip side, Mack and Ngakoue would be formidable.  The Bears weren’t going to lose that asset.

Maybe he would make Mack partial minor owner.

42 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He hit big on the roulette wheel ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Bears may still trade him since it is obvious from the preseason that they are years from contending. Their starters were crushed by our second string.  And, we are one of the potential trade partners. Two of our pass rushers not named Rousseau and a future high pick ought to do it with some cash negotiations to fit things under the cap.

After seeing how well the defensive line is doing in the preseason, I will admit thought that my willingness to do such a trade has gone down considerably. Before TC, I would have been all over such a trade.

The Raiders…, Bwahahahahaha 😁🤣😆😂😅