Harrison Phillips knee injury

YoloinOhio

Unfortunately some guys can't stay healthy.

I had Phillips on the outside looking in and still feel that way despite a decent showing so far in camp/preseason before the injury.

Still think that Beane is going to look to make some power moves soon and get some more help at DB, OT and DT is still a sneaky need.

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, I think it’s just uncertain how long he will be out. Could go into regular season. Or not. 

Agreed - although Sal did say when McD talked about the injuries he put Harrison into a 1-2 week timeframe - suggesting he should be available come week 1. 

He also did say he was still waiting for some info from trainers, but Sal basically made it sound like he will miss this PS game and should be ready to go for Pittsburgh.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Agreed - although Sal did say when McD talked about the injuries he put Harrison into a 1-2 week timeframe - suggesting he should be available come week 1. 

He also did say he was still waiting for some info from trainers, but Sal basically made it sound like he will miss this PS game and should be ready to go for Pittsburgh.

That's reassuring.  I think the Bills can live with that.

Seeing people say  Harrison should be cut makes my head hurt.

He is the best 1 T we have.  The guy put on some serious girth and looked great in preseason.  He would have overtaken Star as the starter.

Also, Zimmer is a PS, reserve player at best.  Harrison is 10x the player Zimmer is.

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Seeing people say  Harrison should be cut makes my head hurt.

He is the best 1 T we have.  The guy put on some serious girth and looked great in preseason.  He would have overtaken Star as the starter.

Also, Zimmer is a PS, reserve player at best.  Harrison is 10x the player Zimmer is.

They also play different positions so to compare them is like comparing Ted Washington to John Randle. 

On 8/23/2021 at 6:01 PM, Doc said:

I heard they had to amputate.  The horror!

I still hold out that it’s his spleen that is the root cause of his woes… 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I was measuring their impact to the team. 

If youre measuring impact to the team youre gonna need to show me the 10 plays where harrison phillips saves us from an embarrassing loss to the Pats by punching the ball out of Cams hands.  I have both making the team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

If youre measuring impact to the team youre gonna need to show me the 10 plays where harrison phillips saves us from an embarrassing loss to the Pats by punching the ball out of Cams hands.  I have both making the team.

Zimmer ain't making it, unless Harrison goes to IR

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Zimmer ain't making it, unless Harrison goes to IR

How many DT do you have them going with.  I have 4: Ed, Star, Zimmer, Harry.  Do you have less?  Do you have Butler on the team?

I would also note that Zimmer got a lot of snaps last year with Harry on the team.  So unless you think Star makes all the difference (and Butler is better than Zimmer) than I'm not sure how reconcile that fact.

Edited by YattaOkasan

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

How many DT do you have them going with.  I have 4: Ed, Star, Zimmer, Harry.  Do you have less?  Do you have Butler on the team?

I'm starting to lean that the only way Butler stays is if Harry goes to IR.  I want to see if Basham takes more snaps at DT in the GB game too.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I would also note that Zimmer got a lot of snaps last year with Harry on the team.  So unless you think Star makes all the difference (and Butler is better than Zimmer) than I'm not sure how reconcile that fact.

Star

Ed

Butler

Phillips

Basham and Obada will flip inside too.

Zimmer on PS

59 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Exactly. Zimmer makes impact plays to win games. Phillips is a feel-good story to Kyle Williams fans, only he’s no Kyle Williams.

• Agree 1