Trubisky trade value?

Chaos

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I didn't say you said it was the only factor: I said you said it was the main factor.  I said I'll take the guy with a good TD:INT ratio and winning record as my backup QB to hold down the fort should Josh miss time. 

And I heard the hype about Minshew but likewise was unimpressed whenever I watched him.  Not sure if going to the Eagles is going to help in the "supporting cast" area, but at least he'll get to play with Ertz...

Call me crazy but I think Gardner Minshew is a better QB than Mitchell.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:15 AM, Doc said:

Correct on the secret formula.  But next year's FA period hasn't even happened yet.  It's possible that if MT gets a big deal and moves on, Beane plays the comp pick game to get a 3rd. 

The formula is not secret anymore. If Trubisky signs for even low end starter money with another team next year, the Bills are almost guaranteed a third round comp pick. 

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You pick the guy who was 1-7 last year despite having a top end running back. Mitch has been to the playoffs twice and a pro bowl despite having limited weapons around him. I take Mitch every day.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No need for anyone to be crazy.  It's OK to agree to disagree.  And hopefully we won't have to find out.

27 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The formula is not secret anymore. If Trubisky signs for even low end starter money with another team next year, the Bills are almost guaranteed a third round comp pick. 

Sure, if the Bills sign at least one fewer UFA than they lose.  Where the secret formula comes in is if the Bills sign as many or more UFAs than they lose, how much they give them, how they (and Trubisky) play, etc.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You pick the guy who was 1-7 last year despite having a top end running back. Mitch has been to the playoffs twice and a pro bowl despite having limited weapons around him. I take Mitch every day.

They had the 31st defense in the NFL.

I take the entire 2020 Chicago Bears roster over the entire 2020 Jags roster.  Despite the "top end running back" lol. 

Edited by FireChans

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

They had the 31st defense in the NFL.

I take the entire 2020 Chicago Bears roster over the entire 2020 Jags roster.  Despite the "top end running back" lol. 

I was going to argue more but upon further research of Minshew I realized he was not the Jags problem last year. I still take Tribiskey because he has already had a pro bowl year and been to playoffs but Minshew in Philly might be good also.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Doc said:

No need for anyone to be crazy.  It's OK to agree to disagree.  And hopefully we won't have to find out.

Sure, if the Bills sign at least one fewer UFA than they lose.  Where the secret formula comes in is if the Bills sign as many or more UFAs than they lose, how much they give them, how they (and Trubisky) play, etc.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 10:06 PM, Doc said:

The formula is public knowledge, not a secret anymore.