Trubisky trade value?

Chaos

11 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

They only have him for one season. If you don’t trade him this season he walks and maybe you get a Comp pick.

Agree, there is a small chance he gets extended playing time due to an injury or Covid or something and his value increases to where they could franchise tag him.  The Patriots did that with Matt Cassell.

As mentioned already many times, the Bills are in all out Superbowl contention THIS YEAR. No way you trade MT! Josh plays physical with all the risks that come with it, there's always the Covid threat of 2 week of no show, and so on. Unless a trade offer is super juicy, why trade a superb backup QB only paid 2M a year? While he's no Josh, and certainly not the big arm threat, he is mobile in a way you barely adjust the playbook. Keep the man!

The 49ers have the top backup in the NFL with Jimmy G. A former SB QB who just wins when he plays no matter what team that is on.  They will get a kings ransom when they finally decide to trade him.  there is a reason why MT was available for 2.5 million. No one else wanted him.

• Agree 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

The 49ers have the top backup in the NFL with Jimmy G. A former SB QB who just wins when he plays no matter what team that is on.  They will get a kings ransom when they finally decide to trade him.  there is a reason why MT was available for 2.5 million. No one else wanted him.

Wait, when has Lance proven to be even a competent NFL QB, much less a franchise QB? 

As for Jimmy G, he lost the 49'ers a SB.  And he can't stay healthy.  I doubt they get more than a 2nd rounder for him.

39 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

No way they Trade Mitch. He is the best insurance you can basically get at QB position. Only way is if a team makes an offer that blows the sunglasses off Beane's face.

Which some team may. I wonder if he gets game play in the regular season in blowout type situations just a bit more early than Fromm or Webb would.

8 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Which some team may. I wonder if he gets game play in the regular season in blowout type situations just a bit more early than Fromm or Webb would.

I mean it's possible, but I don't see it. I don't see a team making an offer any better than a 4th or maybe late 3rd. Obviously I'm not in Beane's head, but it would not be enough for me to consider.

Mitch is the best QB2 in the league and the best insurance you could have. He definitely can win some games for you if needed, especially with the surrounding cast the Bills now have.

No way I'd lose that type of insurance, especially coming into a season that the team is primed for a Super Bowl

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wait, when has Lance proven to be even a competent NFL QB, much less a franchise QB? 

As for Jimmy G, he lost the 49'ers a SB.  And he can't stay healthy.  I doubt they get more than a 2nd rounder for him.

Pats just got a 4th for a RB that can’t stay healthy either.. I could see a team giving them a 1st possibly a 2nd and other compensation as well.

as for Lance it seems Shannahan is sold on him after the second preseason game to be his starter or at least all the talking heads up here believe that.  Thus when some top QB goes down on a good team they may just give them the farm for Jimmy G who if you look at their winning percentage is like .700 as a starter. ( I don’t see the same team doing the same for MT )

34 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Pats just got a 4th for a RB that can’t stay healthy either.. I could see a team giving them a 1st possibly a 2nd and other compensation as well.

as for Lance it seems Shannahan is sold on him after the second preseason game to be his starter or at least all the talking heads up here believe that.  Thus when some top QB goes down on a good team they may just give them the farm for Jimmy G who if you look at their winning percentage is like .700 as a starter. ( I don’t see the same team doing the same for MT )

It might be a late 4th round pick, if the Rams get a 4th round comp pick next draft.  Otherwise it's (likely late) 5th and 6th rounders.  And the Rams don't care about draft picks. 

But Michel is on a cheap 1-year deal.  And whether he's really injury-prone remains to be seen.  JG is definitely injury-prone, having missed 23 out of a possible 48 games the past 3 years and several games with the Cheaters, and comes with a large price tag which he'll want to increase if he gets traded.  So the calculus is markedly different. 

And I'll have to see Lance on the field in a real game first.  If Shanahan were really that high on him, he'd have named him the starter already.

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

If Shanahan were really that high on him, he'd have named him the starter already

Maybe, maybe not.... Could be one of those that wait til nearly last minute to announce. Although you're likely correct because usually a starter is named fairly early for the teams surrounding players to know who to prepare to get on same page with. Unless there's a QB competition, then the QB1 could be named last minute

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Maybe, maybe not.... Could be one of those that wait til nearly last minute to announce. Although you're likely correct because usually a starter is named fairly early for the teams surrounding players to know who to prepare to get on same page with. Unless there's a QB competition, then the QB1 could be named last minute

What I've heard is JG will start and they'll go from there.  But time will tell.

Here's the way I see the Trubisky situation, if he's on the team in 2021 and we actually need him if Allen were to get hurt then it was a genius move.

If we trade can trade him for a 1st or 2nd and/or a veteran of equal value at a position of need (i.e. DB) it also could be seen as a shrewd move.

The problem with trading him though is it's a major roll of the dice because of the first point and I have zero faith in Fromm or Webb to be able to win with this team if Allen were out for a significant stretch of time.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:07 AM, mattynh said:

Agree, there is a small chance he gets extended playing time due to an injury or Covid or something and his value increases to where they could franchise tag him.  The Patriots did that with Matt Cassell.

We couldn’t afford that though, can you franchise some you don’t have the cap to keep?

21 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

He's played substantially fewer games than Trubisky, is 30, and will cost a team 25 million dollars for a single year.  He's missed 23 games over the last 3 years due to injury.  His playoff numbers are also a tad suspect.  

His healthy season - the 49ers had the #2 defense in yards, and 6th in takeaways with 5 defensive scores.  They're also a heavy run team with the shanahan offense.  He's a fit in certain offenses, but i don't think he's capable of taking a spot from a rookie or something like that - I'd say he's maybe a slight upgrade over mitch in certain offenses, but i'd probably put him on par with minshew.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:24 PM, Doc said:

That's way, way more than anything would give up for MT...which is literally nothing.  

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

That's way, way more than anything would give up for MT...which is literally nothing.  

It depends on what the situation is with said team that would determine how high or low the offer would be imo.  For example, if a team loses their QB for 8 to 10 weeks and if that team is contending. I could see a team that's in good shape like that making a better than normal offer in hopes MT can get them through til said QB comes back.I do agree though a 2nd would be unlikely. 

In any event Mitch isn't going anywhere.