Trubisky trade value?

Chaos

On 8/22/2021 at 10:25 AM, SCBills said:

Y’all watched Webb and Fromm out there, then still ask this question?

This. 

I am one of the first to say, Mitch's stock value went through the roof last game but after Mitch we have nothing.. That being said we have Mitch for just one year at this price... Like it or not he going to be worth way more next year So... If your trading him it is for another lesser value quality backup and a mid round pick. Even if you wait for the trade deadline to get better value there is still 10 games left and I do not think the Bills will risk it with 10 games left.

The only way I could see this happening is if a double trade was set up at trade deadline and I will give you an example. 

Lets say a top 8 team in the NFL looses there starter near the trade deadline.. They are in search for a QB that can get it done. At the same time Sack god Rousseau is really looking like the real thing and on top of that AJ and Basham are looking great on the other end. So you would trade Hughes to a team that thinks he is that last piece needed for their quality backup QB and then trade Mitch for either a 3rd round draft pick or a special need to to our injury situation.

The above example is the only way I could see something like this happening.

Now I would like to address the other elephant in this room(topic) This is more of a QB driven league then when we had a QB named Frank Reich. IF you guys think Mitch is going to come this cheap next year your nuts... and we have far more contacts to pay for in the coming years then to pay for high $ on a QB most say is the best backup in the league. Mitch is a serviceable QB that will get a solid team 10-11 wins. remember.. he is a career 64% passer that went 29-21 on a HORRIBLE Bears team... stop putting Mitch down like he is a backup QB because he is not.

This is my take.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This. 

I am one of the first to say, Mitch's stock value went through the roof last game but after Mitch we have nothing.. That being said we have Mitch for just one year at this price... Like it or not he going to be worth way more next year So... If your trading him it is for another lesser value quality backup and a mid round pick. Even if you wait for the trade deadline to get better value there is still 10 games left and I do not think the Bills will risk it with 10 games left.

The only way I could see this happening is if a double trade was set up at trade deadline and I will give you an example. 

Lets say a top 8 team in the NFL looses there starter near the trade deadline.. They are in search for a QB that can get it done. At the same time Sack god Rousseau is really looking like the real thing and on top of that AJ and Basham are looking great on the other end. So you would trade Hughes to a team that thinks he is that last piece needed for their quality backup QB and then trade Mitch for either a 3rd round draft pick or a special need to to our injury situation.

Now I would like to address the other elephant in this room(topic) This is more of a QB driven league then when we had a QB named Frank Reich. IF you guys think Mitch is going to come this cheap next year your nuts... and we have far more contacts to pay for in the coming years then to pay for high $ on a QB most say is the best backup in the league. Mitch is a serviceable QB that will get a solid team 10-11 wins. remember.. he is a career 64% passer that went 29-21 on a HORRIBLE Bears team... stop putting Mitch down like he is a backup QB because he is not.

This is my take.

The problem is there's no backup QB who will be able to pickup the system mid-season and lead the Bills to wins.  They'd be better off with Webb or Fromm.

10 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This. 

This is my take.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

The problem is there's no backup QB who will be able to pickup the system mid-season and lead the Bills to wins.  They'd be better off with Webb or Fromm.

your looking at it wrong Doc. You and I usually agree so lets brain bust this one out huh? So when I say Quality I say better then Webb or Fromm cause I can not call either of them quality? With me so far? Perfect.. When you make a trade like this, your not trading for a backup to start now. so if it was the next game after the trade I would 100% agree... But these are athletes that learn systems fast. 2 weeks of practice is plenty of time for a quality backup to get into the groove of things.

Note: I quoted my own quote so for people are not confused by what I am trying to say here.

7 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This. 

This is my take.

I don't see any way a team gives up anywhere near a 3rd rounder for QB who has been average at best his whole career, and is on a 1 year contract, all because he played fairly well in 2 preseason games against mostly 2nd stringers.  Trubisky isn't a bad QB at all, but there was next to no market for him in FA.  A couple decent preseason games won't change that.

• Agree 1

I swore I posted in a thread very similar to this one.

He is our insurance policy it would be foolish to trade him even if someone was interested.

Beane brought him in as a security blanket in case of the unthinkable happening.

Josh came pretty close to be a goner a few times last year

I hope he plays a bit smarter this year.

• Like (+1) 1

We are on the verge of possibly winning our first SB. I don't trade Mitch unless someone gives us something we simply can't refuse like a first round pick. Even then I would have to think about it because this team is in win-now mode and I rather have Mitch as a backup just in case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:25 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

At his price he is worth far more to us as our #2 QB. Everyone saw Mahomes and Jackson exit close playoff games last year right?

yeah, for that reason I would need a 1st, and I don’t think any team would do that.  

15 hours ago, Doc said:

Trubisky is making just $475K more than Barkley did last year.  It was a no-brainer to dump Barkley for Trubisky.

If Mitch also gets a shot at a starting job next year the Bills will start to develop a reputation as a QB rehabilitation center and attract more reclamation projects who will make great cheap backups. It’s a great play both long and short term. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:22 AM, Bangarang said:

Can we pump the brakes with this kid? He was just a free agent and nobody wanted him. 

Think there's a difference between "nobody wanted him" and "their wasn't an offer from someone to be their starting QB prior to the Draft". I'm sure he had other offers to be a backup and we were the best team, so he went with us. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that if someone either has a banged up QB (like Indy) or there's a team that isn't thrilled with their room post-draft that someone would call.

That said, seeing how he looked under Daboll in the last Pre-Season game, knowing were a contender right now, and getting a look at Jake Fromm - I wouldn't trade him for what would realistically be offered.

16 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

your looking at it wrong Doc. You and I usually agree so lets brain bust this one out huh? So when I say Quality I say better then Webb or Fromm cause I can not call either of them quality? With me so far? Perfect.. When you make a trade like this, your not trading for a backup to start now. so if it was the next game after the trade I would 100% agree... But these are athletes that learn systems fast. 2 weeks of practice is plenty of time for a quality backup to get into the groove of things.

Note: I quoted my own quote so for people are not confused by what I am trying to say here.

I doubt the Bills would be able to trade for backup QB good enough to handle the Bills' offense after just 2 weeks of practice without giving up a lot in return.  Which would negate trading MT.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

If Mitch also gets a shot at a starting job next year the Bills will start to develop a reputation as a QB rehabilitation center and attract more reclamation projects who will make great cheap backups. It’s a great play both long and short term. 

Same applies if he gets traded this year and gets a starting job.  But the trick will be for him to play well wherever he goes.

21 hours ago, Reader said:

There's more to the equation. It's more along the lines of:

Trade value of Trubisky vs. Insurance of Trubisky + 3rd rounder that should be awarded when he signs elsewhere

This is why one end of the equation is

third round pick

• Like (+1) 1

It doesn’t matter what other teams consider MTs trade value, Beane won’t part with MT for less than two firsts, MT has an important role to play this season, and that is to cover the QB position if #17 is out for whatever reason, So in other words, for the thick ones, he is not getting traded unless it’s for a kings ransom. 

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It doesn’t matter what other teams consider MTs trade value, Beane won’t part with MT for less than two firsts, MT has an important role to play this season, and that is to cover the QB position if #17 is out for whatever reason, So in other words, for the thick ones, he is not getting traded unless it’s for a kings ransom. 

I think the Bills would easily give up MT for a single first round pick, but that being said no realistic trade for Mitch is happening. Yes one team like the Jets or another team lacking a backup might give up a later round pick for Mitch but no team is giving up anything draft compensation wise that would tempt the Bills. The Bills need a backup QB and Mitch is one of the better ones in the league. The Bills are also trying to develop a reputation as a "QB factory" and that will allow the Bills the ability to attract Mitch like projects going forward and constantly ensure cheap high end backups. 

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think the Bills would easily give up MT for a single first round pick, but that being said no realistic trade for Mitch is happening. Yes one team like the Jets or another team lacking a backup might give up a later round pick for Mitch but no team is giving up anything draft compensation wise that would tempt the Bills. The Bills need a backup QB and Mitch is one of the better ones in the league. The Bills are also trying to develop a reputation as a "QB factory" and that will allow the Bills the ability to attract Mitch like projects going forward and constantly ensure cheap high end backups. 

My point being, we are not trading MT unless it’s for a kings ransom, all the points you stated are part of why we won’t trade MT unless it’s for a kings ransom…, it would appear that my point was not plainly stated…, my bust, 

Go Bills!!!

On 8/22/2021 at 9:58 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

10 to 1 says they wont trade him for anything this season.

they might, might take offers next season, might?

They only have him for one season. If you don’t trade him this season he walks and maybe you get a Comp pick.

Edited by Meatloaf63