Justin Fields saved the Bears' leadership from total embarrassment vs. the Bills

HOUSE

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

For anyone who thinks Fields does not have NFL arm strength, look at the throws at the 8:35 and 10:50 mark.  Then entire 13 minute video is good and you can watch Trevor Lawrence play too.

This was a college playoff game where Fields threw for 5tds.

He can definitely throw it harder than Fromm. 

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Ah, back in my day some kid rookie named Josh Allen was declared a bust and the worst pick in Bills history for performances like that.  Had to walk uphill in the snow both ways to watch the games too.

And some want a dome even if stadium costs twice as much to prevent him from getting frostbite again walking in snow.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

I have no idea what their depth chart looks like beyond Robinson as their #1.  What I do know, looking at the NFL gamebook from yesterday, is he's the only WR who didn't play yesterday.  Admittedly he's a really good player, but he's just 1 guy.  As for Kmet, they invested a high-ish 2nd rounder on him last year and I expect him to be their starting TE, but he's got to show a lot more than he has so far.

It is Robinson and Mooney (think they both sat?) Not sure who the starting slot would be given they traded Anthony Miller to Houston. Didn't they sign Goodwin?

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is Robinson and Mooney (think they both sat?) Not sure who the starting slot would be given they traded Anthony Miller to Houston. Didn't they sign Goodwin?

Mooney played and started.  And yes they signed Goodwin, who also started.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

For anyone who thinks Fields does not have NFL arm strength, look at the throws at the 8:35 and 10:50 mark.  Then entire 13 minute video is good and you can watch Trevor Lawrence play too.

This was a college playoff game where Fields threw for 5tds.

Who in the world thinks he doesn’t have nfl arm strength? That’s a new one.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He can definitely throw it harder than Fromm. 

Water is wet lol 

I found Fields to be inconsistent in college.  Great one game and then sub-par the next.  

I think Watson was a much better prospect coming out.  Fields is going to put up stinkers, and then come back and upset someone the next week.  That is how I see it unfolding.

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Said it last night they have to start Fields for me. Dalton is totally shot. He was bad last year in Dallas I don't know who watched that and decided he was the answer. They are in a bit of a mess because Fields isn't ready and is raw and reminds me in many ways of Josh in his rookie pre-season but whereas at that point McDermott and Beane were at the start of something, had the credit in the bank of breaking the drought and could afford to let Josh take his lumps as a rook, Nagy and Pace are on the hotseat. If they don't win they are out.

Dysfunctional mess. Which is basically what the Bears have been since they fired Lovie Smith.

We started Nate Peter bro

• Haha (+1) 1

Justin Fields was lucky he was playing against 3rd stringers. A starting defense in the nfl would eat fields up . He’s a below average QB. There will be a lot of unhappy Bears fans the next few years.

Edited by wppete

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Which would be perfectly fine for the Bears..  They have to slow down the game for him and take his lumps.

Fine for him, but not fine for Nagy and his coaching staff. They are already on thin ice.

Ohio State does not produce NFL calibre QB's, though many of their QB's are highly touted to be able to excel at the pro level.

Buckeyes best pro QB ever was the undrafted Mike Tomczak. He had some moments ('85-'99), starting 78 games, including 5 playoff games in that 15 yr. span.

That he's the best QB ever from a long standing elite program like OSU, ain't saying much for their ability to develop NFL QB's there.

Odds aren't in Fields favor to buck that trend. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Doc said:

Fields going 9-19 for 80 yards (4.2 YPA) against 3rd stringers and players who won't be in football in about 2 weeks isn't cause to celebrate.  And what Mitchell did, playing with a lot of Bills non-starters, to their starting defense was humiliating.

This ^^^^ 

I have nothing against the Bears so I hope that the fields kid ends up working out for them that being said MT did embarrass the bears on Saturday

They threw away a number one overall pick QB and they had people on the radio saying that they were more excited about fields than they were about MT whenever he was drafted I call bull#### on that