[Name Only Title] Tyler Matakevich

1 minute ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I know it is only preseason and it is the Bears and Detroit but Tyler has played the middle linebacker position very well. Watching the games the last 2 weeks he  looks more like kuechly out there and seems to be more willing to engage  the offensive lineman more than Edmunds.

Really hard to engage the o-line sitting on the bench.  We have not seen 1snap of Edmunds playing in this more aggressive defense.

I don’t think Tyler holds up at all trying to play that role.  If Edmunds is out - I still think Tyler is not the replacement - One of the other LBs go in and Tyler is purely fill in when needed.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's solid depth and showed decent in the games he got defensive snaps last year. He's not on Edmunds level though. He's a player with quite a bit of experience seeing a lot of snaps in the preseason, against lesser competition than he would face during the regular season. Glad to have him, but he's nothing spectacular. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

TM couldn't cover me.   go chase kick returners.  that is what he can do very well. 

So, you want him chasing the shiftiest guys on the field but can't cover you?

Edited by Beerball
?
  • Haha (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Really hard to engage the o-line sitting on the bench.  We have not seen 1snap of Edmunds playing in this more aggressive defense.

I don’t think Tyler holds up at all trying to play that role.  If Edmunds is out - I still think Tyler is not the replacement - One of the other LBs go in and Tyler is purely fill in when needed.

But do we have a more aggressive defense this year? So far it's just preseason. We have 11 DL! Let's use them and go all out every play! I hope we stick with this aggressive defense most of the time (all?). Where has this D been, guys?

Go Bills!

7 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I know it is only preseason and it is the Bears and Detroit but Tyler has played the middle linebacker position very well. Watching the games the last 2 weeks he  looks more like kuechly out there and seems to be more willing to engage  the offensive lineman more than Edmunds.

He actually hasn’t been that bad.  I thought he played well against Miami in Week 17 last year too.  It’s tough to evaluate him though without seeing him in important games 

He's my starting MLB in Madden 19. That's the latest one I have, so I had to do a fantasy draft to get a majority of the same players 😆

anyway, what I'm trying to say is he's a hidden gem and probably a HOFer when it's all said and done. Does he happen to have a famous relative who plays golf?

7 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

And Edmunds has been so terrible they haven't bothered to play him. 😉

Last year with no preseason games and very little training camp time some new players did not get enough reps to be integrated into team and playbooks adjusted.

When Klein needed to substitute to allow Milano time to rest it took time for defense to be adjusted.

Their is an advantage now to Bills that he has some live action film is that they know what he can do well and what he can't now.

He will be active each week.  This gives them an option of using him as substitute to give a LB a break or in case of injury.