Rousseau The Sack Artist

Milanos Milano

2 minutes ago, BTB said:

LAMP! 😂

Don’t even care! In a great mood and Rousseau needs more attention lol . Today was so impressive simply for the fact that he was disruptive almost every play. It was very noticeable. 

5 minutes ago, MWK said:

Pumped about him. Hopefully he can keep it going. Wonder how many sacks he winds up with. It would be amazing if he could become a 10+ sack guy

Honestly don’t know how much he will have his rookie year, but the signs are there. Sewell is no slouch, and today he dominated an average at best line. 

Just excellent instincts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He’s been playing so well, he deserves his own thread. I know it’s just preseason, but he disrupts plays every single snap. He has great instincts and leverage. Rouuuuuuuuuuuuse! 

A sack a game with limited snaps. Very impressive. 

Embrace it bud, he is…

Those arms are pure weapons.  Now if we can get him to put on 10 lbs. of muscle, he could be a serious threat to any opposing offense.  The other guy I’m having so much fun watching is AJ.  He looks very powerful out there.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Bubble wrap until week 1. Nothing left to prove. 

Can you imagine the fun he’s going to have against those scrubs for linemen against the Steelers.  Get ready for OP grass Ben because you’re going to be lieing on it a lot.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Agree 2

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Those arms are pure weapons.  Now if we can get him to put on 10 lbs. of muscle, he could be a serious threat to any opposing offense.  The other guy I’m having so much fun watching is AJ.  He looks very powerful out there.

Couldn't agree more with both statements. Epenesa looks MUCH quicker and more athletic, while still seeming to pack a punch. Rousseau's arms just seem to keep the tackle from being able to lock onto him, and he's just so long and strong. 

Both guys were premier edge rushers in college, but fell in the draft due to lackluster combine numbers. Looks like the Bills might be the beneficiaries. This young look d-line is fun to watch!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Can you imagine the fun he’s going to have against those scrubs for linemen against the Steelers.  Get ready for OP grass Ben because you’re going to be living on it a lot.

I expect they will be throwing tons of screens and extremely short passes. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Embrace it bud, he is…

BTW - I could care less, but the mods you know are going to want you to add something to just his name in the title.  Just sayin, and I love that you’re coming up with his own thread.

I changed it to sack artist 😂 This is going to be so much fun. Been waiting for a great DE for a long time. Rouuuuuuuuuuuuse! 

15 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Bubble wrap until week 1. Nothing left to prove. 

I’m greedy and want to see more art work. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

One of my favorite plays that does not show up on a stat line was early in the game.  Dalton felt the rush coming and bailed out to his right.  Rousseau saw Dalton and also peeled out and took a position directly in front of Dalton.  He's so big that his presence clearly bothered Dalton.  I know that Mahomes is just a TAD more mobile than Dalton, but still.  I think if we need someone to just disrupt Mahomes enough to help the secondary...with his size and instincts, I think Rousseau could do that.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

One of my favorite plays that does not show up on a stat line was early in the game.  Dalton felt the rush coming and bailed out to his right.  Rousseau saw Dalton and also peeled out and took a position directly in front of Dalton.  He's so big that his presence clearly bothered Dalton.  I know that Mahomes is just a TAD more mobile than Dalton, but still.  I think if we need someone to just disrupt Mahomes enough to help the secondary...with his size and instincts, I think Rousseau could do that.

He’s a disruptor. It’s obvious more than last game. Even if he can’t get to you, he’s deep enough to cause major issues and he can contain which is huge. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Ire (couldn’t call you Fergs as we already have one of those guys) just think about eventually how many balls he’s going to bat down.  Remember when Watt in his prime did that to EJ and Watt singlehandedly (no pun intended, well maybe a little) turned the game around on us for a TD.

4 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I'm excited about his natural talent, but I think he needs to work on developing a more polished arsenal of pass rush moves.

I think he will over time, but it’s impressive he’s able to beat people on power and length alone. He’s instinctive enough to peel off at the right moments. His arms will just take you in. I know he isn’t Bruce, but his arm take downs remind me so much of it. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.