IR Stash List -

GoBills!

I'm liking Lenoir. Wanna see him returning punts/kickoffs next game. 

33 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

This.. 

There was two players we wanted to IR, Feliciano and someone else. We wanted them available to come back from IR. 
We cut Marlowe and  Andre roberts with handshake deals and brought them back once we put our guys on IR. We were all shocked we cut them at final cuts. 

Bills may be watching to see if Roberts become available if 19 don't stop with the muffing

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

The TD return may have ruined that dream. Everybody loves a frightening returner and a speed WR. 

I agree. With Isaiah's fumble and Stevenson's big return, I don't think we have the luxury to IR him for 3 weeks. Put Doyle & Hodgins on the PS. 

30 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I don’t think he has the speed for the return game. He has run a 4.67 and a 4.63. That is likely why they haven’t tried him there. 

45 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bills may be watching to see if Roberts become available if 19 don't stop with the muffing

THAT was NOT pretty.....kinda interesting how INVOLVED he was in the next series of offensive plays......first 2-3 plays went his way......kinda trying to break his thought of the muff outa his head......weird.  Not sure how much I want him manning the punt return....specially after watching Stevenson.......

There are certain guys, like Taiwan Jones if they want to keep him, or Breida if they want to keep him, they can say to we want you on our 53 but we need to keep Stevenson or Kumerow or whomever, and we promise we will sign you right back. 

They may not want to do that if they can be signed to another teams 53 (which I think guarantees their contract), but if they like their standing and team, which Breida seems to, they could easily agree. 

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

We do remember that Roberts fumbled 3 times last year as well right?  One was on a play very similar to the one McKenzie muffed today.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills are so loaded with talent other teams are lining up for our scraps like dogs at a butcher shop. It's gonna suck seeing one of our cuts do well for other teams. Hopefully not the stinking Patriots.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

12 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Unfortunately that will probably not happen.  Roberts signed a 2 year deal with a decent amount of guaranteed money with the Texans.

He is not getting cut.  It's a pretty good contract for a 33 year old PR guy and is why Beane probably let him walk.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/andre-roberts-6596/

It is one thing to just stash a guy for next year by putting them on IR before the 53 is settled.  But not having the option to bring them in this year kind of sucks.   An alternative is to make an initial 53 with a mix of guys you think are most likely to get claimed even if they have injuries, then putting a guy on IR and signing someone back (say a LB) that is needed but not as likely to get claimed.  How soon after you make the 53 can you put someone on IR?

Stevenson is a guy that comes to mind, supposedly in boot after yesterday's game.  Would like to keep him but also would like the option to bring him onto the roster if something goes bad with McKenzie.

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Doyle should injure himself because there is no way he makes the final 53. That's the only way he makes the team. 

Maybe he would want to get on a different team.  There are three tackles in from of him on this roster I find it hard to think he would ever surpass in the next 3 years unless injuries occur.

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

It is one thing to just stash a guy for next year by putting them on IR before the 53 is settled.  But not having the option to bring them in this year kind of sucks.   An alternative is to make an initial 53 with a mix of guys you think are most likely to get claimed even if they have injuries, then putting a guy on IR and signing someone back (say a LB) that is needed but not as likely to get claimed.  How soon after you make the 53 can you put someone on IR?

Stevenson is a guy that comes to mind, supposedly in boot after yesterday's game.  Would like to keep him but also would like the option to bring him onto the roster if something goes bad with McKenzie.

Maybe he would want to get on a different team.  There are three tackles in from of him on this roster I find it hard to think he would ever surpass in the next 3 years unless injuries occur.

I don't think Stevenson makes its through waivers we need to keep him or watch him play elsewhere. You don't get many guys returning punts and coming in clutch int he 4th quarter with his speed. 

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I was a fan of Sweeney coming out, but it’s time to move on. We can do better.

Is he practice squad eligible ? He may make it with his limited history but his size is appealing to teams.

Is there a limit on the number of players we can put on IR? Obviously the strategy is to put a bunch of players on the 53, then move to IR to make way for the true 53. Shd be the strategy to preserve our depth in the trenches.  Zimmer, Phillips, Doyle are the top candidates for this strategy. Maybe do it with a couple of LBs too.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

On 8/21/2021 at 8:47 PM, MWK said:

Doyle is a prime candidate. Doesn’t look ready to play and got an injury today. We could look to sign another tackle instead of him (Hopefully not just keeping Bobby Hart). Could see Stevenson or Hodgins too, maybe a guy like Wildgoose too if they are worried he could get claimed.

I never wanted TWO rookie tackles on the 53. Brown looks like he can play. Bates and Ford can also play tackle if needed.