Ouch.....thats gonna leave a mark

HOUSE

he's gotta drop his level a bit at an angle across the qb's body so he can wrap up and disrupt the ball if possible.  i agree w the above that it wasn't dirty, but in the nfl today that's a flag on a qb.

with that clip of the jets game where josh was clearly and illegally head hit and targeted after throwing, i think josh moving so much (even when he's just throwing) and being big and strong and fighting off pass rushers is leading to him not getting as many calls.

Wow: I recommend watching this, @Limeaid, @Jauronimo, @Rico, and @Gugny. Tom Brady comes to the defense of Andre Smith vis-a-vis his hit on Fields, and what he says is smart:

also: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/03/tom-brady-defensive-players-get-penalized-for-offensive-mistakes/

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Wow: I recommend watching this, @Limeaid, @Jauronimo, @Rico, and @Gugny. Tom Brady comes to the defense of Andre Smith vis-a-vis his hit on Fields, and what he says is smart:

also: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/03/tom-brady-defensive-players-get-penalized-for-offensive-mistakes/

He never said anything though when defenses were penalized for hitting HIM.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

also: 

I don't care what Tom Brady has to say about anymore than I care about what you and a hundred others have had to say about the hit because in today's NFL...wait for it...that hit is called a penalty 11/10 times and anyone surprised to see a flag on that play hasn't been watching football for the past 5 years.  Tom Brady would be flipping the f@#$ out if someone popped his helmet off.

I have no interest in discussing for the 1,000th time whether that hit should be a penalty. Fact is, it will be called a penalty every single time and guys who make millions of dollars need to understand that it will be called every single time and people who call themselves football fans need to learn that it will be called every single time.  I do not want to see role players on this team racking up 15 yard personal fouls just so a few of you can rant about the good old days and how todays game is two hand touch in comparison.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:56 PM, BillsfaninSB said:

He kept his face and eyes up.  Hardly lowered the shoulder.  What should have he done differently?  Justin was a statue. 

Fields NEVER saw him coming. If he did he takes off running and Smith never touches him.  He didn’t lower his helmet but it was helmet to helmet contact which is illegal in the NFL.

what he should have done is went lower, he was way way to high to not expect the little yellow flag to come out. 

On 8/28/2021 at 2:53 PM, YoloinOhio said:

If Fields fastened his freakin' chin strap maybe his helmet would not come off.

31 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't care what Tom Brady has to say about anymore than I care about what you and a hundred others have had to say about the hit because in today's NFL...wait for it...that hit is called a penalty 11/10 times and anyone surprised to see a flag on that play hasn't been watching football for the past 5 years.  Tom Brady would be flipping the f@#$ out if someone popped his helmet off.

Tom Brady would fasten his helmet on properly so that it stays on and protects his head.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Fields fastened his freakin' chin strap maybe his helmet would not come off.

Lol the hit will get a fine or suspension 10/10 times. If he did that hit to Mahomes, Brady (elite) he is suspended anyone else a fine.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Lol the hit will get a fine or suspension 10/10 times. If he did that hit to Mahomes, Brady (elite) he is suspended anyone else a fine.

Where did I say anything about the hit?

I'm simply making a point about the "knocked helmet off" part of the narrative. 

The helmet came off because it was loosely fastened.  Tom Brady is smarter than that.

• Agree 1