Ouch.....thats gonna leave a mark

HOUSE

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah, that’s called leading w the helmet. Plus launched at him. I would be livid if someone hit Allen like that.

tennis? golf? maybe a good game of chess with a cold glass of ice tea and a touch of lemon. a few things that have no contact. look into them

i think if the rook knew how to put on his chin strap correctly the optics of it flying off would have made it a ordinary blindside sack. 

its not suppose to feel good but there was nothing malicious there.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Jonathon Jones hit on Allen was probably clean too right

For reference

2 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Yep. If his helmet doesn’t come off I doubt they throw the flag.

Nah....they still do. That's the rule to a T. Unfortunate, but it's an overprotective rule by design.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

If you think this hit is similar you might need glasses.

Yeah, I'm trying not to be a homer. But, on one hand you have Fields squatting down like he's about to throw when Smith hits him. On the other hand you have Allen already being tackled when Jones launches into his upper body.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

It's owners wanting to protect their investment considering the amount of money that is paid. 

The owners don't pay the players, the NFL does. Players aren't investments. If the owners and NFL REALLY wanted to protect players, they'd have the players wear actual pads.

PADS-jumbo.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Dirty play

Nah.  I don't have an issue with the penalty call,  but I don't think he was trying to throw a shoulder or hit him in the head.  I don't think there was any ill intent.  It's just one of those things that happens sometimes.  

Bears fans have to have hated how Fields teammates reacted, or should I say lack of reaction. #53 casual trots off to retrieve Fields helmet that flies 10 yards backwards. 

If that was Josh Allen there would be 10 flags on the field because a brawl broke out. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Perfect technique, head up, did not not use crown of helmet as a weapon but unfortunately they are the same height and Field turned into it. He was completely unblocked, so difficult to adjust at full speed. I’m all for protecting QBs, they game is tough to watch with most back-ups, but there was no malicious intent with that hit.  Definitely a penalty in today’s NFL but I also dislike QBs dancing around with no repercussions. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, costrovs said:

The owners don't pay the players, the NFL does. Players aren't investments. If the owners and NFL REALLY wanted to protect players, they'd have the players wear actual pads.

When NFL mandated pads the NFLPA disputed it.  It is not the NFL which objects to safety items.  Same with helmets - whine, whine, whine.

NFL Players Association officials initially did not react positively to the league’s approval of the new rule about knee and thigh pads, saying there were more pressing player-safety matters that were not being discussed seriously by the league and union. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sucks it didn't count but what a hit. Not a dirty hit, either. Smith would've collided with bus shoulder first had Fields not started to duck as soon as Smith hit him. His coaches aren't even gonna reprimand him for that one. 

It really does suck that it's always on the defender to figure out a way to rearrange his actions as he's going full speed and is somehow responsible for making sure opponents get hit "safely." There should be some subjectivity with these kinds of hits. If it's egregious, yeah it's a penalty. But if it's the ol' "bang bang" play as they call it where it's no fault of the defender then it should count. 

Also, nice to see Chicago fans are excited about Fields. It's just weird when I see a crowd and a teams sideline going ape$#!+ when a routine play is made. Bills keep calm and collected even when they're laying the smackdown. That Arizona game last year is such a perfect example of how poised this team is. Arizona ran around like they won the GD Super Bowl and then proceeded to lose all but what, one game the rest of the way? And the Bills were just like, aiet, they got us on a last second play, whatever. And then proceeded to win out all the way until the AFCCG. I friggin love it. 

I thought maybe this team might regress just a smidge this season but based on what I've seen in preseason plus what we've heard of how crazy Josh has been playing in camp makes me feel like I'mma be majorly wrong on dat, and I'm more than happy to be lol. 

• Like (+1) 1