Wingnutz

aristocrat

Bar Bill and Castaways in Angola are my two favorite wing places and Wingnutz was better. The ambiance not so much but strictly on the food, yep. If you go to Castaways, their everything wing is my go to sauce. If you request, they’ll serve them extra saucy.

Went to wingnutz a couple of years ago.  Yes the wings are good, but the KoC location reeks of a smelly old gym(which it is), and it is a 30 min drive for me from home.  If I was in the Kenmore area and looking for something to eat, I might stop in again, but I don’t crave wings that often, so I don’t feel like...I got to have some wingnutz wings tonight. 

Edited by BTB

14 hours ago, aristocrat said:

they were on pardon my take who also had Allen and daboll on for interviews.  Great listen.  These guys need an actual restaurant. 

Fail.

Should be a flat in the picture.

You sons of ******* think you’re soooooo superior with your drums.  

…tired of it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

They're at the knights of Columbus

Their breaded wings are a little bit different than traditional buffalo style 

But I've never heard any complaints

When you can actually get the wings the reviews are always phenomenal. The issue is getting them. They close at weird hours because of their location and the knights needing the space and are weird with taking orders. 

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

When you can actually get the wings the reviews are always phenomenal. The issue is getting them. They close at weird hours because of their location and the knights needing the space and are weird with taking orders. 

What kind of weird hours do they have

Oh I’m sure.  I just remember when I first moved to Tampa (Bills/Giants SB week), my buddies took me to of all places Hooters on Hillsborough where Gruden was a cook as a kid as his father I think coached for McKay.  They were excited to bring me to a place that made real Buffalo Wings.  I was confused, I’m like ma’am you make wings from a Buffalo (naive 21 yr. old).  She said no, like the wings from Buffalo, NY.  I replied politely, but a little sarcastic, um I’m from Buffalo, moved here last week and we just call them Wings.

She then brought out breaded wings and I tried to be a trooper to be nice, but after she left, I’m like guys, these are absolutely horrific.  Can you get them the normal way, because we don’t bread wings.  You just call that fried chicken and I can go to the colonel’s if I want that crap.  Bottom line, if you liked, great, but not for me.

I know that Kenmore K of C well. My dad played and then managed the K of C softball team in Lackawanna, so as a little kid we had to travel in our wood wagon to all of the different Knights in the summer.  It was actually some fond memories, and the Franceils sherbet on the way home on South Park Ave., was the best part.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buftex said:

I haven't been there yet.  My best friend moved back to Buffalo a few years ago, and raves about them.  He is pretty picky about wings (he owned a famous wing joint in NYC at one time)...I trust his opinion.  

Blondies?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.