Fantasy QB Rankings

First off I'm not one to get all excited whenever the Bills are slighted in any way.  Fir the most part, who cares.

But was just reading Sporting News Fantasy QB rankings and kind of amazed

#1  Mahomes   No surprise there

#2  Murray

#3  Allen

#4  Wilson

#5 Jackson

Murray at #2, that to me is crazy based on what he's done so far.  I'd put Allen, Wilson  and Jackson ahead of him at this point and I'm no fan of Jackson.  Their thinking with Allen ranked #3 is that the Bills will run more, but still seems crazy that they think Murray will do at that much  in total to rank him #2 IMO

Diggs is the #3 WR BTW

Bass #9 of kickers.  Actually that one could understand a bit based on the rate the Bills scored TD's at

Knox #31 ranked TE

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/list/2021-fantasy-qb-rankings/1swg07d1544451ewt40m2pwyka/4 

It’s Fantasy not real football.  In the real football world, I’m cool with a competition between Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Allen, and Herbert over Murray.  I have absolutely nothing against Murray.  I think he might be a solid franchise QB, but he’s not there yet.  Nothing against him if I were an AZ fan, I’d be very happy.  One thing is for sure, that is a tough division so he’ll be battle tested every year.

In an ironic twist of fate it’s now a tad annoying for a Bills fantasy fan that Josh is so well known.

last few years it was easy to draft him late. Now you am going to have to snag him super early or miss out! 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

First off I'm not one to get all excited whenever the Bills are slighted in any way.  Fir the most part, who cares.

But was just reading Sporting News Fantasy QB rankings and kind of amazed

#1  Mahomes   No surprise there

#2  Murray

#3  Allen

#4  Wilson

#5 Jackson

Murray at #2, that to me is crazy based on what he's done so far.  I'd put Allen, Wilson  and Jackson ahead of him at this point and I'm no fan of Jackson.  Their thinking with Allen ranked #3 is that the Bills will run more, but still seems crazy that they think Murray will do at that much  in total to rank him #2 IMO

Diggs is the #3 WR BTW

Bass #9 of kickers.  Actually that one could understand a bit based on the rate the Bills scored TD's at

Knox #31 ranked TE

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/list/2021-fantasy-qb-rankings/1swg07d1544451ewt40m2pwyka/4 

I'd go

1. Allen

2. Murray

3. Jackson

4. Mahomes

The main reason Murray goes over Mahomes is that he gets a ton of rushing TDs. He likes to keep the ball himself and run in short yardage red zone situations. That is also why the Cardinals RBs underperform in Fantasy.

I won all my fantasy groups last year (both regular and PPR) and the one common factor was having Allen (who I drafted typically in rounds 6 or 7). Guys who had Murray  always made the playoffs (so guys who had Murray did pretty well). Murray was on a tear first 9 or 10 weeks before he hurt his shoulder. The only reason I have Allen over Murray is that the latter can get hurt because of his style of play. Allen is more durable.

Make sure you have a good Qb2 for the playoffs though. I had to rest Allen for week 17 in favor of Herbert for obvious reasons.

59 minutes ago, Nester said:

In an ironic twist of fate it’s now a tad annoying for a Bills fantasy fan that Josh is so well known.

last few years it was easy to draft him late. Now you am going to have to snag him super early or miss out! 

Yeah. We haven't had our draft yet. Last year I was able to get him and Diggs. This year, not so sure.

I'm drafting 12th out of 12 in a full PPR league. To get Allen, I'd have to snag him on the 3rd/4th turn. I'm really wanting him, but it might make more sense to wait another round and grab Murray or Herbert. I hate drafting 12th, but every time I do, I feel like i finish top 3 lol.