Predict the Season

GunnerBill

5 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Maybe not.  Will their line be cohesive? 

Fair question. I just think the best time to play Ben is late. He looked like old Ben through the first 4 or 5 weeks and he noticeably slowed as the season went on. If you'd said to me before the schedule release okay there is one game that I'll let you control the timing of I'd have said I want to play the Steelers after Thanksgiving because I think they will look like an old, broken down, battered team by then and may well be about to contemplate a hard re-set. I still think the Bills will beat them week 1, but I think it is likely tougher than playing them late. 

*my view on that changes if the TJ Watt hold out lingers on into the season but with the Tuitt restructure I suspect they get it done now in the next week or so. 

14-3 with losses to KC, the Titans and Bucs. We sweep the East again. We beat the fish and NE the same. One game we kill them, one we win but by a closer score. We kill the J-E-T-S twice.

We lose the #1 seed to the chefs on a tiebreaker.

We lose the AFC championship game once again (before winning the 2022-23 Super Bowl after having a fantastic offseason.)

You're writing was very entertaining. Thanks for giving a fellow Bills fanatic something good to read this day, thanks again....

Go Bills!

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Our -7 spread for week 1 is tied for the largest spread of the weekend. I really think the week one matchup is one with 2 teams heading in totally opposite directions. Living on the outskirts of “Stiller” country, I can’t think of a better way to start the season than to completely boat race them right out of the gates. 

I agree with you in that my gut also says 12-13 wins. But I would argue, if blessed with health, anything up to 15 wins wouldn’t totally surprise me. 

Blessed with health. I think we're far deeper this year except at outside corner and OT (no, I don't trust Brown as a rookie) We should be able to sustain non season ending injuries elsewhere. That's pretty damn good I think.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree and I expect the Steelers to go under .500. I just think week 1 is the worst time to get them.

I agree with you 100%. We are going to get the stealers best game. I am glad it is at home. Of course, it is the defense that worries me.

Having said that, I can also envision the Bills going four wide and exposing the Stealers lack of cornerbacks and just tearing up that 3-4 the way Kelly used to.

I see both ways as possibilities. Either we win a very close game or we blow them out.

The Stealers cannot stop Josh in the fourth either way.

Go Bills!

I'll go with 13-4.  Just don't have a good feeling about the Titans game - call me scarred for obvious reasons.

#2 Seed (on a tie-breaker) - and the no. 1 isn't KC.  There usually ends up being a team that kind of has that darling season (maybe Tenn or Cleveland?).  I think the first half of KC's schedule could potentially put them in a hole.

Bills win the Super Bowl over Tom Brady's Bucs and once and for all exercise every demon imaginable!

That's my story at least - and I'm NOT necessarily sticking to it.

Homer Prediction:

Bills 15 -2, make SB and possibly win

Realistic Prediction:

Bills 11-6, lose in divisional round

Given the parity in this league and fact it's so hard to sustain year over year success in this league my gut feeling tells me the Bills will be a good team again this year, but won't have similar success as last year if anything because of bad luck with injuries and some of the same issues from last year lingering (i.e. inability to run the football, not able to hang with Chiefs, defensive inconsistency, etc).

In fact here's a Vegas insider pounding the UNDER on Bills season win total of 11 for similar reasons:

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerPod/status/1428735238012870663

3 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

I'll go with 13-4.  Just don't have a good feeling about the Titans game - call me scarred for obvious reasons.

#2 Seed (on a tie-breaker) - and the no. 1 isn't KC.  There usually ends up being a team that kind of has that darling season (maybe Tenn or Cleveland?).  I think the first half of KC's schedule could potentially put them in a hole.

Bills win the Super Bowl over Tom Brady's Bucs and once and for all exercise every demon imaginable!

That's my story at least - and I'm NOT necessarily sticking to it.

I have us losing to the titans again too. For obvious reasons yes, but the big reason is that we are hungover from the chefs loss once again. The Bills absolutely know that chefs game is huge but we just don't match up with them well enough yet, we need anotheryear, imho.... Daryl Johnson, Groot, boogie, Ed, AJ will be better in 2022-23.....plus Beane gets them help next offseason. Imho.

1 minute ago, billybrew1 said:

I have us losing to the titans again too. For obvious reasons yes, but the big reason is that we are hungover from the chefs loss once again. The Bills absolutely know that chefs game is huge but we just don't match up with them well enough yet, we need anotheryear, imho.... Daryl Johnson, Groot, boogie, Ed, AJ will be better in 2022-23.....plus Beane gets them help next offseason. Imho.

we’ll win one of those games.  I think we beat KC and lose to the Tittians.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So there you have it.... I have kind of surprised myself but my official prediction for the Bills final record is 14-3 and the #1 seed.  That feels a game or two ahead of where my gut says... and I have kind of been thinking 12 or 13 wins all offseason but finding the losses is tricky. Obviously the Titans is the most likely other loss and I called that as a loss last year but I just think Tennessee and Buffalo are two pretty evenly matched teams and games between the two will go back and forth. 

Enjoy the season folks. 

Stellar work as usual, GB. 

I will be quite concerned going into the playoffs if our losses are to the Chiefs, Bucs and Pats**. Twisted as it may sound, I rather lose to the Jets or Dolphins (and blame it on the team taking the games off) than lose to these 3 teams. At a minimum, we have to prove that we can beat the Chiefs else reaching the SB will be difficult. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Homer Prediction:

Realistic Prediction:

Given the parity in this league and fact it's so hard to sustain year over year success in this league my gut feeling tells me the Bills will be a good team again this year, but won't have similar success as last year if anything because of bad luck with injuries and some of the same issues from last year lingering (i.e. inability to run the football, not able to hang with Chiefs, defensive inconsistency, etc).

In fact here's a Vegas insider pounding the UNDER on Bills season win total of 11 for similar reasons:

Eh. He really doesn’t say anything of substance to back up his claim. He just thinks they got lucky I guess? How so? It’s just as easy to find reasons why they’ll be just as good or even better than it is to find reasons why they would regress.  The Bills are a good team. Barring a cascade of major injuries I’d be extremely surprised if they won less then 11 games. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

20 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Stellar work as usual, GB. 

I will be quite concerned going into the playoffs if our losses are to the Chiefs, Bucs and Pats**. Twisted as it may sound, I rather lose to the Jets or Dolphins (and blame it on the team taking the games off) than lose to these 3 teams. At a minimum, we have to prove that we can beat the Chiefs else reaching the SB will be difficult. 

I didn't predict the playoffs here but in my head the Browns end up the #2 seed and the Chiefs the #3 with the winner coming to Buffalo in the AFCCG. In that scenario I fancy our chances against KC much more. RWS would be absolutely rocking, our D would be playing like their asses were on fire and I think in that scenario we would play KC a lot tougher than in January this year. Could see the Bills winning a close one. 

PIT: W

@MIA: W

WFT: L

HOU: W

@KC: L

@TEN: W

MIA: W 

@JAC: W

@NYJ: W

IND: W

@NO: L

NE: W

@TB: L

CAR: W

@NE: L

ATL: W

NYJ: W

12-5

May not be popular, but I would not be shocked to see a regression to the mean with play and injuries. Originally had 11-6, but I think this team is better than that.

My biggest toss-ups were WFT, @TEN, @NO, & @NE. All 3 I think will be tough. 

PIT: L

@KC: W

@NO: W

@TB: W

NYJ: L

13-4. The Bills start out with a couple of disappointing losses and all the haters come out of the woodwork with their "last year was a fluke" hot takes. Then the streak happens. They lose a close one @NE who are fighting for a WC spot in week 16. They lose to NYJ while sitting all the starters in week 18.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Homer Prediction:

Realistic Prediction:

Hi Taskers Ghost/High Football IQ. Good to have you back on the board pretending to be a Bills fans. Are you optimistic about Tua? If I were a Dolphins fan like you I would be worried about him developing. Let me know your thoughts.

I won't predict scores, just wins and losses. Here we go:

Regular Season

Week 1 - Steelers @ Bills - Win

Week 2 - Bills @ Dolphins - Win

Week 3 - WFT @ Bills - Win

Week 4 - Texans @ Bills - Win

Week 5 - Bills @ Chiefs (Sunday Night) - Loss (This one goes down to the wire, perhaps even overtime, with the Bills showing they have significantly closed the gap, but ultimately still taking the L)

Week 6 - Bills @ Titans (Monday Night) - Win (Bills get some revenge and blow out the Titans)

Week 7 - BYE

Week 8 - Dolphins @ Bills - Win (Another sweep of the Dolphins, and perhaps the Bills will never lose to the Dolphins ever again for the rest of time?)

Week 9 - Bills @ Jaguars - Win

Week 10 - Bills @ Jets - Win (The Jets play their super bowl and make it close, forcing many mistakes from the Bills, but the Bills rally in the 4th quarter and pull out the win. Jets fans count it as a win)

Week 11 - Colts @ Bills - Loss (The Colts get their revenge from the previous playoffs and pull out a nail-biter against the Bills)

Week 12 - Bills @ Saints (Thanksgiving) - Win

Week 13 - Patriots @ Bills (Monday NIght) - Win

Week 14 - Bills @ Buccaneers - Win (The Bills beat the defending champs by two scores, picking off Tom Brady three times. Bills fans are oddly on edge until the clock reads zero)

Week 15 - Panthers @ Bills - Win

Week 16 - Bills @ Patriots - Loss (The Patriots find the perfect game plan to frustrate the Bills and pull out an upset win in a close contest. Bills fans have fever dreams the next night, startling awake to images of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick laughing at them, with Julian Edelman dancing naked in the background)

Week 17 - Falcons @ Bills - Win

Week 18 - Jets @ Bills - Win (Blowout alert! The Bills absolutely stomp the Jets on their way to the playoffs, showing the close contest a few weeks earlier was just a fluke. Jets fans still find a way to count it as a win, somehow, and are confused why their 17-0 season didn't get them into the playoffs)

Overall record: 14-3

AFC East Rank: 1st

- New England (9-8)

- Miami (9-8)

- New Jersey (5-12)

AFC Rank: 2nd

- Kansas City (15-2)(1st)

- Indianapolis (13-4)(3rd)

- Baltimore (11-6)(4th)

- Cleveland (11-6)(5th)

- LA Chargers (10-7)(6th)

- Tennessee (10-7)(7th)

Playoffs

Wild Card Round - Titans @ Bills - Win (This one is a nail-biter, but the Bills pull out the win with a brilliant final 2 minute drive by Allen and the offense)

Divisional Round - Cleveland @ Bills - Win (This one goes back and forth for the first half, with Garret getting tons of pressure on Allen, but the Bills pull away in the 2nd half to glide to a multi-score win)

Conference Championship Round - Chargers @ Bills - Win (Herbert isn't ready for the high-stakes match and gives the ball away multiple times to the Bills defense)

Super Bowl - Rams vs Bills - Win (Bills win their first Super Bowl, crushing the Rams 42 to 28. The city of Buffalo's fertility rate skyrockets, and 12 years from now everyone is wondering why there are only two boys names in the city: Allen and Josh)

Notes: The Chargers upset the Chiefs in the playoffs, forcing Mahomes to see it AND believe it. Rams upset the Bucs in the championship round giving us new photos of Tom Brady pouting while sitting on the turf. Baltimore fails to win a playoff game for the 3rd time in 4 years, further increasing doubts about Lamar Jackson as a passer and his ability to produce in the playoffs. Patrick Mahomes wins MVP despite having fewer yards and TD's than Josh Allen, causing Bills fans to angrily donate $57 million to a Kansas City charity.

Edited by MJS
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

For my record predictions I prefer to put our opponents in tiers and give my overall record prediction for that tier.

Tier 1:

Chiefs

Buccaneers

Titans

2-1

Tier 2:

WFT

Steelers

Dolphins x2

Patriots x2

4-2

Tier 3:

Colts

Saints

2-0

Tier 4:

Jaguars

Falcons

Panthers

2-1

Tier 5:

Jets x2 

Texans

3-0

Final record - 13-4

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

PIT: L

@KC: W

@NO: W

@TB: W

NYJ: L

13-4. The Bills start out with a couple of disappointing losses and all the haters come out of the woodwork with their "last year was a fluke" hot takes. Then the streak happens. They lose a close one @NE who are fighting for a WC spot in week 16. They lose to NYJ while sitting all the starters in week 18.

Outside of 2018 when we were truly 'rebuilding', one overlooked aspect of mcdermott's teams is getting of to a good start (5-2 in 2017, 2019, 2020).

So if we do get out of the gates at 1-2 they'll definitely be some major concerns across the board especially since those 2 losses will be at home.

Speaking of overlooked, the Steelers game is really starting to concern me because even most of the pundits and experts are writing them off this year. Big mistake IMO and I think this is going to be a very tough game even if we do win because of how motivated the Steelers are going to be + we have beat them 2 straight years.