Preseason TNF: Patriots at Eagles 7:30 NFLN

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

True, but all we have to go on are preseason games.. I think the Pats are probably a top WR and perhaps CB (if Gilmore doesn’t sign) from being a contender.

He won’t trade him now but when a team is desperate and need a TE they will before the deadline for at least a 1st if not more.

This is serious wishful thinking......you dont even have the QB (cam isnt it) to say you are two pieces away like that......

You will win some games because of your defense......but no more Tom Brady

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

One thing I will say about the Patriots is that their RB’s all run extremely hard.  They did last year too.  Taylor is a goner after that fumble though. Belichik has zero tolerance for fumbles.  

That was Stevenson who fumbled, and I'd be thrilled if they let him go.  He's looked like a good find so far.

Agree, NE has a strong stable of backs and 1 good one will likely be cut or.traded

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is serious wishful thinking......you dont even have the QB (cam isnt it) to say you are two pieces away like that......

You will win some games because of your defense......but no more Tom Brady

I have faith in Jones, I think he could manage the O fine and keep from making the big mistake while taking advantage of any turnovers the D gets.  this team is built a lot like 2001 team for the D to win games and for the O not to screw it up with bad turnovers.  (In other words I see Jones being able play like Brady did in 2001, Brady wasn’t the week one starter for us that year either lol)

I know the Pats can beat the Chiefs, hell the should have last year! The Bills are the only team in the AFC that I am unsure of and that’s because of the Allen and Diggs connection. The Bills lose either one for any reason and your season is derailed big time! 

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

That was Stevenson who fumbled, and I'd be thrilled if they let him go.  He's looked like a good find so far.

Agree, NE has a strong stable of backs and 1 good one will likely be cut or.traded

Stevenson isn’t going anywhere, he was a 3rd round draft pick this year.. the Pats draft LOOKS like it is going be very good this year! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I have faith in Jones, I think he could manage the O fine and keep from making the big mistake while taking advantage of any turnovers the D gets.  this team is built a lot like 2001 team for the D to win games and for the O not to screw it up with bad turnovers.  (In other words I see Jones being able play like Brady did in 2001, Brady wasn’t the week one starter for us that year either lol)

I know the Pats can beat the Chiefs, hell the should have last year! The Bills are the only team in the AFC that I am unsure of and that’s because of the Allen and Diggs connection. The Bills lose either one for any reason and your season is derailed big time! 

Stevenson isn’t going anywhere, he was a 3rd round draft pick this year.. the Pats draft LOOKS like it is going be very good this year! 

Agree on Stevenson, I was responding to another poster who thought Belichick would cut the back who fumbled.  

Taylor looks to be the odd man out, if you guys keep 4 RBs.

Regarding Allen or Diggs, pretty sure you could say that about any explosive offense (substitute Rodgers/Adams, Mahomes/Hill or Kelce, etc?). 

Not pretending to judge Jones after 2 preseason games, 1 against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.  But NE will be competitive, bc of their defense and ability to pound the rock. 

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Could you explain how the bills season is derailed if they lose a game to the patriots do you think that for some reason the patriots are going to be matching them win loss wise or something running style football and playing strong defense is a dinosaur you do not have the QB as it stands right now you’re asking a rookie to not make rookie mistakes that’s not realistic 

Edited by John from Riverside

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Could you explain how the bills season is derailed if they lose a game to the patriots do you think that for some reason the patriots are going to be matching them win loss wise or something running style football and playing strong defense is a dinosaur you do not have the QB as it stands right now you’re asking a rookie to not make rookie mistakes that’s not realistic realistic

He said if we lose Allen or Diggs, season down the tubes.  Hottest take ever

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Flacco 🤢

Hot garbage. Retire already. God he's awful. So is the Eagles 2nd team D line. They literally got about a 2 inch pass rush. Pats QB's had all day to survey and throw 10 yard passes to wide open guys

11 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Hot garbage. Retire already. God he's awful. So is the Eagles 2nd team D line. They literally got about a 2 inch pass rush. Pats QB's had all day to survey and throw 10 yard passes to wide open guys

I can’t see how Eagles go into season with Hurts and Flacco as their QB’s.  9 wins might win that division.  Hurts is a giant question mark and was never drafted to be the answer at QB.  Flacco is your man if you’re trying to tank.  They still have a decent roster and are in a terrible division.  If I were them,  I’d inquire about Trubisky.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

No rookie has, and every rookie before this class had to do it too. It's kind of the obvious that everyone knows especially their coaching staffs.

Ok, so why are you talking him up for preseason performances then? Sounds like you didn't know.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

He has looked great in practice to and has actually out performed Newton. I wish people stop comparing a 5th round bust to a kid who went 15th overall and lead a team to a national title.  Will he be great or good? No one knows but he looks damn good right now. Will he mess up? Of course! All rookies do!

Newton was the worst starting QB in the league last year. You should be praying that he looks better than Newton.

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I can’t see how Eagles go into season with Hurts and Flacco as their QB’s.  9 wins might win that division.  Hurts is a giant question mark and was never drafted to be the answer at QB.  Flacco is your man if you’re trying to tank.  They still have a decent roster and are in a terrible division.  If I were them,  I’d inquire about Trubisky.  

Last year the NFC East was a hot mess.  This year it will be better.  WFT is a good club; they could win 10 or 11 behind that defense and Fitzy leading the way; I predict he will finally see the playoffs.  If Dak can get and stay healthy the Cowboys will be in the mix.  The Giants are a mystery to me; Jones is entering his “pivotal” year 3 but Joe Judge might lose that team with his douchiness.  One thing is pretty clear; the Iggles will suck.

8 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

One thing I will say about the Patriots is that their RB’s all run extremely hard.  They did last year too.  Taylor is a goner after that fumble though. Belichik has zero tolerance for fumbles.  

Deflate the balls a little and problem solved

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Play the Patriots twice

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Could you explain how the bills season is derailed if they lose a game to the patriots do you think that for some reason the patriots are going to be matching them win loss wise or something running style football and playing strong defense is a dinosaur you do not have the QB as it stands right now you’re asking a rookie to not make rookie mistakes that’s not realistic 

Not lose a game, lose one of your two best players in Diggs or Allen. Sorry I should know better than to write something half asleep lol.  I don’t think it’s outrageous to say that would derail the season,  just like if KC loses Mahomes or Kelce  their season is derailed.. 

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Ok, so why are you talking him up for preseason performances then? Sounds like you didn't know.

As oppose to everyone talking him down at every little thing he does wrong?

What is it going to be something goes wrong we call him a bust and say the team is not gonna be good or something is going good then "it's only preseason"?

People here gotta make up their minds because last week game threads I sure didn't see many talking about "oh it's only preseason" just alot over reactions.

And the only thing I said was he did fine against the Eagles numbers in practice..like that's not even close to overdoing it.

Edited by Ghost_002!