Sweeney Injury

BubbaT

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

This person is speculating, but they seem to have a general knowledge of injuries so .. perhaps they are right. The person goes through all of the injuries the team currently has.

https://thebuffalofanatics.com/buffalo-bills-injury-primer-preseason-week-2/

If it's truly a serious injury won't be surprised to see the Bills release Sweeney with an injury settlement type of deal.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If it's truly a serious injury won't be surprised to see the Bills release Sweeney with an injury settlement type of deal.

Yeah I mean dude has been injured since day 1. Didn't really see the field rookie year much at all due to injury if not mistaken. Last season was injured also. Just not reliable so I agree it's possible they do something like that

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

And the Shadow Knows.  

I think that one is even before the great Chandman.

I believe his best strength is not blocking, but he has excellent hands and catches everything.  Not the biggest or fastest, but dependable.  A boot is not a guarantee of a problem.

Id just wait as I’d love to see the kid do ok.

I’ll have you know, Punk!, ‘What horror lurks around the corner? Who knows? The SHADOW Knows!’

18318848-C4A3-497D-B9FE-633292531FA2.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I mean dude has been injured since day 1. Didn't really see the field rookie year much at all due to injury if not mistaken. Last season was injured also. Just not reliable so I agree it's possible they do something like that

He was not injured last year.  He had Covid and developed myocarditis as a result, which is one of the ways a Covid infection can cause additional damage to young healthy people.  He was fourth on the depth chart his rookie year.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

So does a covid complication count as an injury?  I think not. 

• Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Have to expect Beane is working the phones regarding TE depth. Was hoping Sweeney would have a strong camp.

I'd say don't turn this into a trade for Zach Ertz thread but the Eagles just lost Jason Croom for the season and Tyree Jackson out 8-10 Weeks. 

Edit: Former UB Bull Mason Schreck could be a trade/waiver wire candidate. 

Edited by The Jokeman

That’s a bummer if he has to miss significant time, especially after all he dealt with last season. I thought he looked good in the couple games he played in early 2019, seemed to have a knack for getting open when Josh started running around. He could be a sneaky weapon for them. Like last season they snuck it to Lee Smith a couple times, one was a wide open sideline catch that would’ve went for a TD if the guy was a smidge faster. Maybe Sweeney would’ve scored on it. But yeah he’s more athletic than Smith so he can do more coming out of the blocking role.