America no longer exists

YES, AMERICA IS STILL THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

by ALEJANDRO AVILA

America continues to be one of the greatest stories ever told. Praised for its strength and admired for an unbreakable spirit, the American Dream has inspired generations of patriots and Americans to believe in a fight for freedom, equality and happiness.

In 2021, America continues to be the freest civilization in human history courtesy of stalwart founders and people that endured sacrifice for these principles. A nation brave enough to put its past sins on display across museums and media, a valuable quality to being an American has stemmed from an ability to move forward. Despite its unique offering of opportunity, community and belonging, a nation revered by its people has now witnessed a backlash negligent of all the good that came before it.

A nation built on purpose, large numbers of citizens felt out of place, or out of love, with America in 2020. As angry mobs overran cities, and the media turned its back on telling the truth, America lived through grueling seasons of doubt and despair; now determined to be rebuilt by the patriots that stood firm for the nation’s ideals. That same spirit of independence that created the nation continues to be at the core of....

More at the link:https://www.outkick.com/yes-america-is-still-the-best-country-in-the-world/

Back to the thread.

MICHAEL WALSH: A Specter Is Haunting America — The Specter of Freedom.

A specter is haunting America—the specter of freedom.

How else to explain the weekly chants from hundreds of thousands of sports fans, packing into football stadiums and other large venues the way real American used to do in the days Before Fauci, chanting an obscene suggestion to the current resident of the White House.

Eleven months ago, gas prices were low, and the United States was energy independent. Unemployment was also low, and minorities had never fared better in the job market. The southern border was relatively secure, the useless war in Afghanistan was bumping along, enriching the Pentagon but not troubling anybody overmuch, and the future looked bright.

Then came the highly questionable election of 2020, one rendered nearly meaningless by last-minute, COVID-driven, illegal changes in state election laws that made a mockery of our democratic traditions and procedures in the name of a chimerical “safety” from a form of the flu. And presto—Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr., who’d been in Washington for more than half a century, was suddenly president of the United States.

Today, the economy is in chaos, supply chains have been disrupted, inflation is soaring, race relations are poisonous, crime including murder is way up, the energy business is assaulted on all fronts even as the industrialized nations face the prospect of a winter without reliable power, and China is rattling its plastic sabers.

And yet the befuddled Biden’s principal concern is forcing a thoroughly anti-American, unconstitutional series of vaccination “mandates” on the American work force that has—thankfully—finally brought the country to its boiling point.

Let’s go, Brandon!

In Florida, Southwest Airlines has had to cancel hundreds of flights, ostensibly because of the weather (in mild October?) but more than likely because its pilots are staging a sickout in defiance of their company’s buckling to administration pressure. The pilot’s union has already gone to court to block the mandate, which applies to private companies doing business with the feds, and there have also been reports of a slowdown by FAA air-traffic controllers in Jacksonville as well.

Biden’s misbegotten mandate also applies to American troops, who must be inoculated against the Chinese-manufactured, Fauci-funded virus in stages over the next month or so—but so far hundreds of thousands of servicemen, including members of elite units, have refused.

Meanwhile, states like New York are firing hospital workers who decline to submit to replacement governor Kathy Hochul’s September vaccination order, further disrupting an already overstressed medical system.

Other resistance has developed among Amtrak workers, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, which will refuse to enforce the mandate, and even some NBA stars. This week, a federal appeals court agreed with 16 student athletes at Western Michigan University who’ve challenged the school’s vaccine mandate on religious grounds, and upheld a lower court ruling than enjoined the university.

The power of noncompliance is beginning to be appreciated.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/vaccine-mandates-awaken-calls-for-freedom_4043990.html?utm_source=partner

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

To share again what your right wing friends feel about your spam:

Why, so you can continue to flood this message board with every nonsensical piece of garbage you harvest out of the Twitter sphere? You don’t think people can go on Twitter and read this crap for themselves? Copying and pasting is NOT the purpose of a message board. Try offering something of value, or a slightly well reasoned adult worthy opinion once in a while and you’ll watch my standard bored to death response change. Ready, set, go! “

• Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

If you are incapable of seeing how that story relates to Oldman's America no longer exists thread, I feel bad for you.

Sorry to bore the rest of the board with this response, I know that you are resigned to reading it around every 3 months, when a "new expert" tries to instruct me how to post.

I have posted this way for over a decade here. No, most of the liberals here do NOT go and seek out other viewpoints (as you so wrongly suggest)

So I will continue to post conservative articles (and yes, political cartoons) on a large variety of subjects, not just Trump and Covid, to give all the opportunity to read contrary viewpoints.  That is why it seems that I am on much of the board, because I choose to post on many things, not just the cause celebre.

Added: I note of late that you are mimicking billstime and trying to respond to each of my posts, you can do better.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/26/2021 at 12:31 PM, BillStime said:

Center of my life? He is the undisputed LEADER of your party and is the leading 2024 GQP Presidential candidate.

I care about the future of our country and republic. Unfortunate you don't have the same concerns given all we know about the most corrupt POTUS in our lifetime.

The closest Trump should be to public housing is jail; not the White House.