Josh Allen won't play vs the Bears

Process

6 minutes ago, eball said:

This McDermott fellow is getting good at the coaching thing…I think he has a bright future. 

The bigger test will be in Week 18 when we have the 1 seed locked up. Starters should not have been playing late vs the pats or at all vs Miami last year. Will he do the right thing and rest starters this year?

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Of the infinite reasons that I love my wife, I texted her last friday and said “No Josh Allen tonight”.

Her reply; “He is our precious. We must protect him for the regular season”.

She IS a keeper!!!

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Yeah, that's a data driven answer. But something that definitely needs to be looked at.

Id prefer we put Josh and co in bubble wrap.

What you said had me do just a little digging and it seems like 2020 had more injuries.  Now why that is could be any number of things.  Personally, the game takes a toll on the human body so keep em fresh

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/football/2021/nfl-injury-rate-rise-2020-1234621442/

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/29/939902481/nfl-sees-fewer-injuries-more-recoveries-in-2020

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/health-and-wellness/injury-data/injury-data

not sure if this helps or not.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

After Dawkins comes out pPlay Spencer Brown every snap at LT. Got to get him ready. 

FTFY

Edit: You're right in that I know Dawkins will play. I just would not play him. I get his situation is different with recovering from COVID, but I would not play him if he was healthy, so I would not play him if he is unhealthy. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

11 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

She IS a keeper!!!

Coming up on 20 years.

She’s been to every home opener in that span with me. Used to drop me off at 7am at the meetup spot on home game sundays when I had seasons.  Picked my sloppy azz up at 2am after numerous primetime games.  Loves prepping & setting up for tailgates.

She is indeed a rare gem!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Coming up on 20 years.

She’s been to every home opener in that span with me. Used to drop me off at 7am at the meetup spot on home game sundays when I had seasons.  Picked my sloppy azz up at 2am after numerous primetime games.  Loves prepping & setting up for tailgates.

She is indeed a rare gem!

She gots dat hot fiah mane. Dat blue flame heat mane. You gots to keep dat thing on da chain wax

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Weren't there a really high number of significant injuries to start the season last year? Or was that a misperception?

Yup.  Soft tissue injuries and Achilles tears, of all things.  

I don't believe football lends itself to an "on/off switch" like the NBA.  That and NBA players play basketball all throughout the off-season.  They stay conditioned.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Weren't there a really high number of significant injuries to start the season last year? Or was that a misperception?

From TC thru the first 7 or 9 games, then the playoffs, lots of players dinged up last year on O & D, yet we swept the division, pretty damn good team aye…,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Not going to lie, assuming that Allen doesn't play a down in preseason I'm going to be paranoid as a Mofo week one against the steelers for the simple fact that it seems a lot of major injuries always happen in the first few weeks of the season.

Also going against the Steelers defense and TJ Watt won't be easy especially if Dawkins isn't anywhere close to 100% or peak form.

One thing is for sure Daboll better not get cute or call many designed QB runs right out of the gate.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Also going against the Steelers defense and TJ Watt won't be easy especially if Dawkins isn't anywhere close to 100% or peak form.

Dawkins won't see much of Watt over on the other side. Last year Daryl Williams spent 4 qrtrs beating him up and taking his lunch money.

I was with a bunch of Stillers fans and they were blown away. They were absolutely adamant that nobody had ever even come even close to man-handling Watt the way Williams did that entire game.

9 hours ago, Logic said:

Good question. I don't know the correct answer.

I'd be interested to see data on league-wide injuries in 2020 vs other years.

9 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Yeah, that's a data driven answer. But something that definitely needs to be looked at.

My guess is they have looked at the data (though not sure there is really a large enough sample size) and they are acting accordingly, possibly even player by player.

Could explain why Oliver was playing for example. 

7 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Id prefer we put Josh and co in bubble wrap.

What you said had me do just a little digging and it seems like 2020 had more injuries.  Now why that is could be any number of things.  Personally, the game takes a toll on the human body so keep em fresh

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/football/2021/nfl-injury-rate-rise-2020-1234621442/

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/29/939902481/nfl-sees-fewer-injuries-more-recoveries-in-2020

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/health-and-wellness/injury-data/injury-data

not sure if this helps or not.  

Oh yeah, I don't think there's any reason to play Josh. I just wonder if not playing most starters a fair amount in preseason games might make injuries more likely?