The "Right Josh" is no longer available; signed by the Falcons.

The Dean

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

When attempting to look at things in reality, its best to make the least the amount of assumptions possible.    In this instance radio guy is asserting that Rosen ran into the most terrible situation possible 3 different times, and the teams, not Rosen were the issue on 3 different occasion.  The more logical, and realistic situation is Rosen is either not that good to start with.    In this instance, radio guy is a Rosen homer.

This reminds me of a funny exchange between two old friends the other day. The first is going on and on about how this person is a jerk (more colorful language used), and that person was a jerk, and basically every interaction this guy had the other person was always a jerk. The first guy's friend turns to him with a dead pan look on his face and says "man it must be difficult that everyone you run into is a jerk." First guy pauses, and then keeps ranting without realizing he is the problem. 

That is Josh Rosen, he is the problem. Could he find humility and work ethic and fix that problem, well he could, but my guess he is still looking at the world blaming everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Klaus said:

This reminds me of a funny exchange between two old friends the other day. The first is going on and on about how this person is a jerk (more colorful language used), and that person was a jerk, and basically every interaction this guy had the other person was always a jerk. The first guy's friend turns to him with a dead pan look on his face and says "man it must be difficult that everyone you run into is a jerk." First guy pauses, and then keeps ranting without realizing he is the problem. 

That is Josh Rosen, he is the problem. Could he find humility and work ethic and fix that problem, well he could, but my guess he is still looking at the world blaming everyone else. 

100% correct.  I learned the same lesson from my sister.  She gets a job, doesnt get along with the people there, then quits.  She does it over and over again, and always says "They were awful there, they treated me like crap."   Finally one day I told her, "Listen, I love you, but if you constantly run into issues everywhere you go, maybe the problem isnt with them."

One of my favorite lines in coaching came from Tony Dungy "No explanations, no excuses."    Rosen seems to have a lot of explanations and excuses.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I'll admit, I actually thought he was a good prospect a few years ago (as did most people) but he has a terrible attitude and apparently no drive to improve. The "right fit" argument is now moot after the Buccaneers and 49ers dumped him.

I don't think it's necessarily all attitude.  I'm a UCLA alum and have been watching Rosen since his high school days.  He's like every other failed quarterback before him.  For all his supposed smarts, he just can't process what he's seeing quickly enough on the field of play.  Add in his immobility, and it's a recipe for disaster.  He improved slightly at UCLA, but still made many of the same boneheaded throws he was making as a freshman.  Give the guy a clean pocket and time to throw and he could pick you apart.  Put pressure on him and he panics and throws the ball up for grabs.  Given that he's not really a good team guy, I don't see any place for him as even a backup in the NFL.  I think he might be completely out of football within 18 months.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 2

i always find it interesting to watch people pile on a person, that,  doesnt really need to be piled on.   i dont know Rosen,  mbe hes a jerk,  i havent seen anything that leads me to believe that,  but that guy is losing his dream.    i know the internet is where u go to crap all over each other but cmon,  evolve,  show people u still know what empathy is,  grow up.

im more than glad we have the QB we have,  but remember,  there are alot of amazing college players who never make it in the NFL for whatever reason,  and thats a huge blow to them and their lives.  empathy.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

i always find it interesting to watch people pile on a person, that,  doesnt really need to be piled on.   i dont know Rosen,  mbe hes a jerk,  i havent seen anything that leads me to believe that,  but that guy is losing his dream.    i know the internet is where u go to crap all over each other but cmon,  evolve,  show people u still know what empathy is,  grow up.

im more than glad we have the QB we have,  but remember,  there are alot of amazing college players who never make it in the NFL for whatever reason,  and thats a huge blow to them and their lives.  empathy.

I agree.  Those who are gleeful over his demise are just sad and begging for bad karma.  The guy hasn't committed any crimes or hurt people as far as we know of.  He might have been a cocky dude a few years ago, but he's received more than a healthy helping of humility at this point. 

But we all have dreams, and for many of us our lives don't quite turn out the way we originally envisioned.  That doesn't mean we can't transition and build an awesome new fulfilling life for ourselves.  Rosen has a lot of resources to draw from outside of football.  He has wealthy parents, a good college degree and a level of public celebrity that he can spin to his advantage.  So, I won't add to the piling on and laughing at the guy, but I'm not necessarily feeling too bad for him either.  At least no more than I do for any of the hundreds of other kids who get cut from the NFL each year.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I may be in the minority here but I actually feel kinda bad for the kid. Like Darnold I feel he didn't get the commitment to develop and build around them from the team that drafted them. You get drafted and then your new HC runs you out of town the following year. WTF Arizona!! 

That being said, I'm so glad we have our guy! Good luck to you Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen😝

I dont feel bad for him, few people I know here in LA that know him said he is a total douche.   

More importantly...QB needy AZ gave up on him right away after investing so much in him.  Then Miami uses a 2nd round pick to acquire him as a QB needy team...gave up on him right away.  SF Forty Niners with a blatant and obvious interest in exploring other QB options not named Jimmy G brought him in and didn't see much in him to even let him compete for a back up spot.  

I mean even Nathan Peterman, with the worst TD to INT ratio in NFL history in his appearances still has a job and has stuck with his second team.

Its time Rosen faces facts...there is only one common denominator here, and its him.  3 teams who needed a QB didn't give him more than 1 season, and two of those teams used valuable resources to get him to their respective teams.  

So to me, he is clearly not doing his job well enough either on the field, study room, or locker room...or maybe all of the above.  Thats on him, and so I don't feel sorry for him personally.  .  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, ganesh said:

And here was the 1st sentence that came out of the two QBs:  (not exactly....but close enough)

Josh Allen -  Thank you to the Bills organization to making the leap in me and putting the faith in me. I am going to make them look the smartest people out there. I am humble and blessed to be part of the Bills Mafia. It is the greatest day of my life !

Josh Rosen -  There were nine mistakes made ahead of me,  In the next decade or so I will prove that they made mistakes...

Allen was focused on his new team...Rosen was focused the 9 teams that did not draft him.....The attitude was visible....

It is sad that a highly sought after college recruit, who was the first true freshman to start at UCLA screwed up in the NFL.....

Rosen was worse than just the 9 teams thing.  Here's what he saide before that: 

I was pretty pissed off. I felt 1,2,& 3 went by and it just kind of went into a blur after that. I was really angry teams were passing on me and I was honestly expecting to get picked at some point and have to fake a smile and go up and pretend to be happy, but for some reason when I was picked all that went away and it went to straight excitement relief.  

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

I agree.  Those who are gleeful over his demise are just sad and begging for bad karma.  The guy hasn't committed any crimes or hurt people as far as we know of.  He might have been a cocky dude a few years ago, but he's received more than a healthy helping of humility at this point. 

But we all have dreams, and for many of us our lives don't quite turn out the way we originally envisioned.  That doesn't mean we can't transition and build an awesome new fulfilling life for ourselves.  Rosen has a lot of resources to draw from outside of football.  He has wealthy parents, a good college degree and a level of public celebrity that he can spin to his advantage.  So, I won't add to the piling on and laughing at the guy, but I'm not necessarily feeling too bad for him either.  At least no more than I do for any of the hundreds of other kids who get cut from the NFL each year.

Actually, Rosen has it better than just about all the other guys who will get cut.  Most of your 2nd paragraph shows why.  Add to that the millions of dollars he's already banked, while the undrafted guy who gets cut is jobless & broke.  Also many of those cut do not have a degree (his is in economics making his options in the business world almost endless).  Not bad for a 24 year old: Rich, good degree, great college career at a Division 1 college.  Pretty good resume to get a foot in the door at a large company or if he has a special interest, enough money to try to start his own business.  

He just has to stop trying to be a pro football player & get on with his life.  Maybe he should try going back to tennis if he can't get rid of the pro athlete bug.  

19 hours ago, The Dean said:

The comments on that article are interesting.

granadafans says:

August 17, 2021 at 5:25 pm

My cousin played with Rosen at UCLA and is not surprised at all by his lack of success in the NFL. Dude is arrogant as heck and just doesn’t know how to study tape or evaluate defenses. You can’t break these bad habits

I thought the comments on his arrogance were probably overblown, but that INT was really really bad.  That was a forgivable pick for a rookie, and possibly a miscommunication between WR and QB, but miscommunication or no, no QB with pretentions to play in the NFL should be making that throw to the middle of the field with 3 defenders there.  

That’s the kind of throw that Josh made early in his 2nd season vs. the Pats and later acknowledged he had meetings after that game “I’ll keep private between us” with Beane, McDermott and Daboll after the game where it’s probably reasonable to infer they told him if he didn’t learn to read defenses better and not put the ball at risk by making those throws, he was going to be making an early exit from the team and probably the league.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont feel bad for him, few people I know here in LA that know him said he is a total douche.   

More importantly...QB needy AZ gave up on him right away after investing so much in him.  Then Miami uses a 2nd round pick to acquire him as a QB needy team...gave up on him right away.  SF Forty Niners with a blatant and obvious interest in exploring other QB options not name Jimmy G brought him in and didn't see much in him to even let him compete for a back up spot.  

I mean even Nathan Peterman, with the worst TD to INT ration in NFL history in his appearances still has a job and has stuck with his second team.

Its time Rosen faces facts...there is only one common denominator here, and its him.  3 teams who needed a QB didn't give him more than 1 season, and two of those teams used valuable resources to get him to their respective teams.  

So to me, he is clearly not doing his job well enough either on the field, study room, or locker room...or maybe all of the above.  Thats on him, and so I don't feel sorry for him personally.  .  

I’m here with you now.   I was one who thought he got a raw deal in ‘Zona - crappy OL, multiple OCs, and clearly there was a “changing of the coaching guard” which is usually prone to sweeping out the previous regime’s mistakes.  Many a deserving player has found himself on the street because of this “not invented here” phenomenon.  

Then in Florida, there were intimations that he didn’t understand the offense well enough behind Fitz.  OK, but part of his selling point was that he was supposed to be a cerebral “smart” player, so why is it such a struggle for him?

At this point, where he’s been on 4 teams (you’re forgetting Tampa Bay) and where 3 of them had established veteran QB he can learn from, excellent coaching, and adequate receivers/OL:  you’re exactly right, there’s a common denominator there and it’s not the team, it’s Rosen.

That pick was really really bad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’m here with you now.   I was one who thought he got a raw deal in ‘Zona - crappy OL, multiple OCs, and clearly there was a “changing of the coaching guard” which is usually prone to sweeping out the previous regime’s mistakes.  Many a deserving player has found himself on the street because of this “not invented here” phenomenon.  

Then in Florida, there were intimations that he didn’t understand the offense well enough behind Fitz.  OK, but part of his selling point was that he was supposed to be a cerebral “smart” player, so why is it such a struggle for him?

At this point, where he’s been on 4 teams (you’re forgetting Tampa Bay) and where 3 of them had established veteran QB he can learn from, excellent coaching, and adequate receivers/OL:  you’re exactly right, there’s a common denominator there and it’s not the team, it’s Rosen.

That pick was really really bad. 

Ha, I didnt even know he was in Tampa Bay at all...even worse then.  

15 hours ago, Logic said:

Specifically, Allen reminded me of our last few first round QB busts, EJ and JP. Good arms, great athletes, 10 cent heads. Obviously, that turned out NOT to be the case with Allen. He's not only exceptionally bright, but also has an iron will. He simply will not stop until he's the best quarterback he can possibly be. That separates him from most.

Josh Allen's success taught me one thing: there is no statistic -- analytics or otherwise -- that can measure the heart of a man.

It seems obvious you’re a bit of a Draft Guru, which begs the question; why didn’t you take into account Allen’s Wonderlick score?

20 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I may be in the minority here but I actually feel kinda bad for the kid. Like Darnold I feel he didn't get the commitment to develop and build around them from the team that drafted them. You get drafted and then your new HC runs you out of town the following year. WTF Arizona!! 

That being said, I'm so glad we have our guy! Good luck to you Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen😝

With his bloodlines, I don't feel so bad. Never knew the Wharton School @ UPenn was named after his great-grandfather. 

Have to wonder how hungry he was coming into the league, knowing he was sitting on a pot of gold.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

With his bloodlines, I don't feel so bad. Never knew the Wharton School @ UPenn was named after his great-grandfather. 

Have to wonder how hungry he was coming into the league, knowing he was sitting on a pot of gold.

Wow! Really? Starting to think this kids sense of entitlement was his downfall. Sure he's cocky, but so are all young QBs. He just never bothered putting in the work.