The "Right Josh" is no longer available; signed by the Falcons.

The Dean

Not sure if I feel bad for him or if this maybe continues to validate that he's as much of a jerk as originally advertised, in which case haha. Apparently he was whining about reps recently, so could be a healthy dose of nobody can stand the guy.

Twitter seems to think he goes to Atlanta.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Allen was thrown into a worse situation than Rosen and Darnold his rookie year.  Neither get sympathy from me.

100% true. However, the Cards and the Jets drafted Rosen and Darnold to take them to the Super Bowl, we drafted Allen to develop, and HE will be the only one of the three to take his team to the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

Local radio guy, who was clearly a wrong Josh proponent during draft, stated Rosen just was in bad situations. Went so far as to say that Sam Fran has some of the best backup QBs in league and Tua in Miami has just shown so much. It was funny and sad.

This guy is on/off his third team in less than 4 years.....I think that says everything that needs to be said.

A whole bunch of injuries in the CFL could open another door if he really wants to play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m so glad I didn’t “pound the table” for any particular QB prior to the 2018 draft…I trusted Beane to do his research and make whatever moves were necessary to get his guy.  I wasn’t in love with any one QB and saw strengths/weaknesses in all of them.  I would have been ok with trading down and grabbing Jackson, for example.  In retrospect it just all worked out so perfectly for Buffalo, and for Allen.

As for Rosen…well, the knock on him coming out was to question his dedication, and that while he might have a higher floor than others his ceiling was also limited.  Kudos once again to Beane for getting the guy with a sky-high ceiling, even if it took some work to get there.

I don’t give Josh Rosen a second thought.  “Bad situations” or not, the good/great ones rise to the occasion.  He’s a historical footnote at this point.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I still don't get how it is possible to be scouted by hundreds of people, getting picked in top 10 and then flame out like this. I know it happens all the time and that there are many variables in ones NFL career but I still find it bizarre.

Only conclusion I can come to is that the mental makeup of a QB is grossly undervalued. The distinction between Rosen's feeling of entitlement and Allen's desire to work for everything he has is such a stark difference. This was what made Brady great, too. Even now at his age, during the SB for whatever reason, Tyrann Mathieu did something to annoy Brady and he responded by telling him he's going to throw in his direction before proceeding to do it several times. It's pretty funny that he still has the chip on his shoulder after all this time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The shortest synopsis that explains everything:

He is and always has been a d**k, and that’s fine, but he better be able to lead men.  Not boys…men.

He can’t.

It’s the droopy shoulders Donuts—why didn’t any of the scouts pick up on the fact that men will never follow droopy shoulders into brick walls? :wallbash:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Wherever he goes, teams immediately draft their QB of the future. No one seems to see enough there, to try and develop him. I see a career backup who will have a few good games or maybe even season, in relief, after 8-10 years in the league and then end up back on the bench til he retires.  

Another way to put it is that multiple NFL teams got a good, long look at a guy with a first round pedigree at the most important position in sports, and each of those teams couldn't get Rosen off their roster fast enough.  They're seeing a bust.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Another way to put it is that multiple NFL teams got a good, long look at a guy with a first round pedigree at the most important position in sports, and each of those teams couldn't get Rosen off their roster fast enough.  They're seeing a bust.

Exactly. Do you think these teams would have passed up the chance to have an 8-10 year quality QB2 on their roster?

I think Rosen was a popular choice for many Bills fans on draft day because they had their fill of Roman/Tyrod. They craved a passer and the scuttlebutt was that Rosen was not only the most accomplished passer in the draft but that he was one of the best in recent drafts. I’m not sure this belief was justified even at the time if one closely checked out his college tape. Anyway Bills fans obviously wound up with a top shelf passer.

I’ve posted many times Allen was my #1 but Rosen was my #2. If you look at 2018 stats both were very similar. Completion percentage 52, a little over 2000 yards and both with more interceptions than TDs. One stays put and gets better the other becomes a vagabond. Had Denver taken Allen I have no doubt Beane would have taken Rosen.  

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Local radio guy, who was clearly a wrong Josh proponent during draft, stated Rosen just was in bad situations. Went so far as to say that Sam Fran has some of the best backup QBs in league and Tua in Miami has just shown so much. It was funny and sad.

When attempting to look at things in reality, its best to make the least the amount of assumptions possible.    In this instance radio guy is asserting that Rosen ran into the most terrible situation possible 3 different times, and the teams, not Rosen were the issue on 3 different occasion.  The more logical, and realistic situation is Rosen is either not that good to start with.    In this instance, radio guy is a Rosen homer.

Edited by thenorthremembers