A little disagreement among Rams fans

Greg S

On 8/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, Kwai San said:

I agree those were some mountain men swinging there......if that woulda been Buffalo security woulda been there in seconds throwing even bigger haymakers!!!

I was an usher through college, got to know the security guys by name, there were some sincere bad asses in that crew.  They took no crap and ALWAYS ended the fight.  The section I had was about 50% season ticket holders and 50% crazies.  Never had to worry about the season ticket holders, they were well behaved. You never knew what was going to happen behind them though.  That was a lot of fun, with a lot of good people and as a bonus, I got paid to be in the stadium on game days.

With all the Covid concerns and the general craziness from people being restricted for so long, I’d be tempted to let them  “ work it out themselves “ more now than ever. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/17/2021 at 10:23 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

There is a lot less of that nonsense, @ the games these days. All that someone has to do, is text Security.

Tell us how much better you can see, by standing in front of people that may have medical conditions, and are unable to stand, for anything more than big plays.

That is an interesting point I had not considered.  That said, there are specific areas/seats for folks with medical conditions.  

On 8/17/2021 at 11:54 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Hey, don't you come at @teef like that or we're going to have to have to reenact the video...:death:

I love @teef

one of the problems of typing rather than talking is you can’t see expressions, tone, etc.    

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have to also say that the Bills fan 'experience' has tamed down a TON since about 15 years ago.  I sit in the end zone below the scoreboard too.  Fights do happen, but they have become much more uncommon and its very, very rare we see anything more than a couple dudes scrap for 20 seconds and get removed.

They stopped allowing visibly drunk people in the gate.  They have the text line.  The EC Sheriff's presence is like 3x what it was in 2006-ish and prior.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I admit it made me chuckle a little at first but then it got extremely distasteful to watch.

What’s up with people recording it on their phones?  A saw at least 3 people doing so 

So I saw news video footage of an elderly lady getting punched and screamed at by some 20ish kid.  It was on public transportation (subway IIRC).  Lotta people recorded it but no one helped. Then they showed people’s reactions to that and everyone said how disgusting it was that it happened and that no one helped, but chose to record it.  The very last clip was of a police official explaining that the way to handle this as a bystander was to not get physically involved but instead to provide the police with any information they could to help apprehend the offender.  You know, like video evidence.

Edited by BarleyNY

On 8/19/2021 at 9:47 AM, BUFFALOBART said:

I’m am not going to give up my seats, because some moron never learned to be considerate of others 

do you let them know you have a medical condition?  I'm sure most would be accommodating of that.  But  I'd bet the vast majority of the "sit down" folks don't.  

Edited by RyanC883